• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faustek

Evening kin.

~~

For those of you on Ramadan and trying your hardest to dodge food... I tried to make vegan gumbo again. Still tastes so wrong. I tried making vegan fajitas.... This offended my mouth. I tried making vegan étouffée, vegan mouffulettas(vegan salami is horrible so is vegan cheese) and finally I tried making tofu pinchada..... I'm pretty sure some women that helped raise me will beat me silly if they ever find out... And trust me Mrs.Armonia would be chill and laugh but Ms.Crawford? She would beat me silly for making bad food :(

Numb

Evening kin.

~~

For those of you on Ramadan and trying your hardest to dodge food... I tried to make vegan gumbo again. Still tastes so wrong. I tried making vegan fajitas.... This offended my mouth. I tried making vegan étouffée, vegan mouffulettas(vegan salami is horrible so is vegan cheese) and finally I tried making tofu pinchada..... I'm pretty sure some women that helped raise me will beat me silly if they ever find out... And trust me Mrs.Armonia would be chill and laugh but Ms.Crawford? She would beat me silly for making bad food :(

Breaking fast in 20 min after first 20hr fast day
I'll eat enough meat for the both of us

Man that gaming thread about evil characters with brown skin is upsetting. So many people refuse to see even the possibility that it is a problem. I really want to comment in it but I feel it's just going to fall on deaf ears.

Numb

Man that gaming thread about evil characters with brown skin is upsetting. So many people refuse to see even the possibility that it is a problem. I really want to comment in it but I feel it's just going to fall on deaf ears.

Bout to go to this fish fry.

Edit: Don't waste your time Director. We see nothing's changed in all these years.
Curious and went through after ignoring before

full
full
full

A little real talk and a little humor

https://youtu.be/daJZU5plRhs

lol

Faustek

Aw man, one of those Somalia pirates called me, 252 number, so I answered but they couldn't bother to say Jack. Was hoping it was "Microsoft".

Yeah saw that a few weeks ago. Kinda cool to see but if u can't get my dreads back I wouldn't bother.

Curious and went through after ignoring before

full
full
full

lol

Finally realised that that's Teddy. I enjoy that man.

Crocodile

Overwatch? Started playing the free weekend on PC last night

I do like it, but I'm not quite sure why everybody has gone crazy for this game. It's just a prettier TF2.

Waifus/Husbandos

I'm serious

WUT?

Georgia is now the #1 place in the world movies are filmed beating California.

East Coasters don't have to trave across the country in hopes of becoming an actor anymore .

A GOP state doing well with the movie industry? Time to try to pass another "bathroom bill"!

Slayven

Waifus/Husbandos

I'm serious

WUT?

A GOP state doing well with the movie industry? Time to try to pass another "bathroom bill"!

They tried a "religious freedom bill" Disney was like nah, and they tossed that shit straight in the trash. Cause they were not NC stupid

I'm waiting for Gov Abbott to pull some fuckery and watch as the NCAA justifies their indentured servants, oh sorry "student athletes", continuing to play all their events in Texas.

I find myself grateful, for today, that I don't have a daughter.

Don't know how I'd keep from whopping some folks ass every day for talking to her or about her some kinda way like she can't have her own life and shit.

Be a struggle. Talking bout women like that smdh.

Respect them same as you'd want respect. How damn hard is that?

Not about that.

Emailed bae's Mum.

She's a fucking child and I'm done. I'll take the L, maybe be single for a couple years, but I really fucking can't anymore.
Ah yeah. That.

Brother you been bitching about how stupidly complicated and ridiculous this has been for over a year.

Cut ties. Move on with your life. It's clear or should be by this point that you and her just want different things from each other right now.

Stretching it only gonna hurt both of ya worse. Trust me. Lot of experience in this. If her family ain't with you and she ain't helping. Nothing you can do.

Izuna

Banned
Ah yeah. That.

Brother you been bitching about how stupidly complicated and ridiculous this has been for over a year.

Cut ties. Move on with your life. It's clear or should be by this point that you and her just want different things from each other right now.

Stretching it only gonna hurt both of ya worse. Trust me. Lot of experience in this. If her family ain't with you and she ain't helping. Nothing you can do.

Her Mum has been like

"um, get married?" since forever. The issue is that I did a post-griefing "let's talk". No surprises. I know all the demons because they're the same demons from years back. I did it because she's not keeping herself busy and was wondering what's up...

She's a very fucking talented fashion designer. She's got a few girlfriends now (like she has always wanted), her fav singer is looking forward to the next dress she makes etc... but she's in constant "I don't know what to do" mode because she's waiting for her feet to grow wings.

I'm tired of flapping my hands in the least helpful way possible just to give her a sense of lift. I used to love doing that, but it's frustrating to see.

~~

It's just...

*sigh*

She has a fear of being content because she was never taught to appreciate stability. She's a teenager.

It's just...

*sigh*

She has a fear of being content because she was never taught to appreciate stability. She's a teenager.
Yeah brother, this is gonna suck but I'm gonna be honest.

You will never be able to make her accept what you can offer her. If she's emotionally still enough of a child where she has to constantly be doing new things and getting new affirmation. You can't win against that. You can't be enough. No matter how bad you wanna be, and I'm sure she wants you to be.

You wanna slow down and be her rock. She wants the world.

You're never gonna meet anywhere but those ends.

Faustek

You can't date a kid.
If they can't grow up you are really just making it harder on both of you. She won't grow and you'll end up bald.

Her Mum has been like

"um, get married?" since forever. The issue is that I did a post-griefing "let's talk". No surprises. I know all the demons because they're the same demons from years back. I did it because she's not keeping herself busy and was wondering what's up...

She's a very fucking talented fashion designer. She's got a few girlfriends now (like she has always wanted), her fav singer is looking forward to the next dress she makes etc... but she's in constant "I don't know what to do" mode because she's waiting for her feet to grow wings.

I'm tired of flapping my hands in the least helpful way possible just to give her a sense of lift. I used to love doing that, but it's frustrating to see.

~~

It's just...

*sigh*

How old are you and her

Izuna

Banned
Yeah brother, this is gonna suck but I'm gonna be honest.

You will never be able to make her accept what you can offer her. If she's emotionally still enough of a child where she has to constantly be doing new things and getting new affirmation. You can't win against that. You can't be enough. No matter how bad you wanna be, and I'm sure she wants you to be.

You wanna slow down and be her rock. She wants the world.

You're never gonna meet anywhere but those ends.

It's really the other way around. Obvs I can't go into specifics but... She has had the world on a Silver Spoon her whole life. Happiness and being content are two things she has inherently taken for granted.

It sounds stupid and I've heard the same criticism my whole life, but I'm altruistic. My get off on doing other people favours. I've figured out how to make her happy with minimal effort but it doesn't last.

Fuck, what's the analogy here... It's like a Fidget Spinner. So easy to make it spin, and I know how... But I can't make it spin forever. And even though anyone can look at how to use one and know how... She refuses to spin it herself.

2 years ago was our "see other people period". She made teenager mistakes and I know to my fucking core that she didn't learn from them. Like goddamnit...

I don't feel depressed by it anymore, but I gotta go against everything I know and just stop making this girl smile every day. Every damn day it's all I care about and I love doing it, but it's just ineffective.

I'm not gunna care for myself, that's not me, but hopefully, I will want to make more than just one girl happy if I give myself time.

Her Mum has been like

~~

It's just...

*sigh*

Listen, nephew

You've got to move on from this and maybe revisit it in the future. People have to grow on their own and relationships don't work without BOTH partners moving in the same general direction. Remember the rules:

1.> You can't love someone more than they love themselves

2.> You can't be the only one with ambition

3.> You can't fight a person's battles for them no matter how much you may want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom