• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT19| - You Still Can't Say Tanned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, nigga. I ain't reading your PM. Send it to someone who actually wants to talk to you. This is the last I direct anything towards you. The fuck. Have an awful week.

RedSwirl

*sigh* Guess I need to take time off Gundam and Zelda to see DWP this week.

And I ain't nowhere near ready to start anything else that came out this year.

I am not a role model.

Now who will I look up to?

The answer is everyone because I'm only 5' 9".

oHM3bhj.gif

D i Z

LOL this shit ain't about DWP. It never was. Of all the in your face shit to get stuck on...

What Up Beefy. Clean your room. Shy came for a talk and was so disgusted he just left you to it.

Sch1sm

I need to pick up Civ 6 sometime. Might just end up waiting for the expansion though.

I bought it pretty early on, and I'd say even vanilla that it's done a lot right. It doesn't suffer from what Beyond Earth does, in terms of diplomacy. Haven't picked up a single scenario pack just yet.

Civ VI turned me from Secret Fawful into Secret ANGRY. I spent two days figuring out how to play it, and spent an entire day on a campaign where I literally went as fast as possible and did everything as well as I possibly could to get a Science victory and I still lost. After a day - long campaign. A whole day flushed down the drain I could have used on game development or writing or ANYTHING ELSE.

Shy

This got lost in the last page fuckboi chronicles.

But if you don't mind me asking, Where abouts from the UK are you Beefy ?

Beefy

This got lost in the last page fuckboi chronicles.

But if you don't mind me asking, Where abouts from the UK are you Beefy ?
Was born in London, but now live in Southampton you?
East Beefingston. Duh....

My dude has estates and shit. He's well known.
Estates? Pfft I have a whole block with my name on it. I drive a Reliant Robin as well,with some tall skinny white boy. We sell stolen garms down the market.

Was planning a nice Birthday for my SO but she pushed her certification exam back 2 weeks so she can study more. I feel bad taking up one of her study days, but I ain't trying to lose this deposit.

😒

Imm0rt4l

Those had nothing to do with each other. There's no hidden agenda here.

But actually, I think I can summarise.

Unless I start liking Dear White People, or at least not hate it, I'm ignorant about something.

That is to say, (and I'm just repeating my prior edit), I won't make this thread hard to be in for its members until that changes.

And even though y'all won't accept it, I'm very sorry if I caused any distress. I'm not doing any of this on purpose. I feel one way, and even with the intention of changing my opinion, I'm unable to understand.

I fully accept that this is my fault. I still love this thread, despite knowing that I'm not making a better place.

Thank you for letting me post for, I think over a year? With the venting no1curr, or occasional discussion I didn't fuck up in, it has helped. Possibly, my entry to this thread had coincided with the disappearance of my depression so it's been a blast.

And because I feel it coming. I'm not saying I feel persecuted. I feel lost, I feel misinformed and otherwise incapable. I pressed my opinions because I wanted the explanations to get to me, not to debate or argue my point to change yours.

So with that being said...

25-dog-hug.w536.h357.2x.jpg

I'll give this a try. Let me preface this by saying I'm glad that you've found solace in this thread, really. It's really reaffirming to know that this thread isn't for naught.

Now, your critique of Dear White People is centered on whiteness and white people's feelings and you don't seem to sympathize with the Black protagonists very much. Your understanding of racism, and segregation are myopic, whitewashed tripe and color your view of the film/show. And on top of it all, you seemingly have tasked the show with having the end goal of making white people "woke". Now your criticisms and standing on race underscore your position in this thread as it is an indictment on black rage. You're in a black ass space but seemingly don't understand or sympathize with black life--like we have a fucking horse in here commiserating with us, nigga. You are invalidating our plight while getting your life to this thread....does that not seem a little fucked up to you? What's worse is how you go on these rationalist(but really irrational) tangents that are mired in obtuseness and border on sea lioning. Your relationship with blackness is one way, that's parasitic. How is it you can be Kekeing with us, sharing black ass memes and joke while undermining black life? It's not that you don't like dear white people, it's that you are criticizing us by proxy, you're saying our anger isn't as valid as we think. And until you understand that, you ain't shit.

Sch1sm

Civ VI turned me from Secret Fawful into Secret ANGRY. I spent two days figuring out how to play it, and spent an entire day on a campaign where I literally went as fast as possible and did everything as well as I possibly could to get a Science victory and I still lost. After a day - long campaign. A whole day flushed down the drain I could have used on game development or writing or ANYTHING ELSE.

Was it your first Civ? Tbh, I always lose unless it's a domination or science victory, 'cause those are easiest to get done before the time limit hits.

You stalking me init? Pfft, older men these days. Unless you're my dad?

He might be your father, but he ain't your daddy.

Was it your first Civ? Tbh, I always lose unless it's a domination or science victory, 'cause those are easiest to get done before the time limit hits.

Yeah. I almost never play strategy games, but wanted to give it a shot because it ended up looking really neat to me. I just feel like, if I'm going to spend a whole day just to lose, I could be doing other things. I enjoy playing it, but it requires time I'm not sure I have.

"i've got 20 minutes until this special starts, might as well check gaf, it's been a while"

*clicks on black feminist festival thread*

*closes tab*

Shy

You stalking me init? Pfft, older men these days. Unless you're my dad?
LOL. No no. I shouldn't of asked. Sorry.

I was just curious.
Quiet you.
...Is this a BCT first? A father/son re/union?

giphy.gif
He doesn't say because he is close to you
Just needed to confirm your location...before the hit
Oh. RIP, Beefy.

Lemme hold 50 brexit chips before you go.
LOL.

Y'all play Civ VI? Interesting. I was watching an interview a little while ago and Justin Simien plays it along with Rollercoaster Tycoon. I'm surprised he's a nerd. That small gaming scene came across like it was directed by someone who wasn't a gamer. That shit was corny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom