• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

PlayDat

I've lurked too long.

Where you're from- Jamaica
Where you live- I just moved to Boston for college.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Entire family's Jamaican.
Do you know your roots- No
Your Age- 18
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop
Your profession/major/career interest- Computer Science
Your religious affiliation- None
Hobbies- Video games, music, tv

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I think it's time to place bets on how long it'll be before Devo fully replaces Amirox as a random Gaf-Lurker hate target on youtube videos.

Slayven

I think it's time to place bets on how long it'll be before Devo fully replaces Amirox as a random Gaf-Lurker hate target on youtube videos.

I hope not, no offense Devo. Those random hits on youtube crack me up, half the time I think it is current posters.

Mononofu

Come at me, son! I worked at Publix for years. At my store, if the wrong person cooked the chicken that day it could have been deemed legally unsafe to eat.

Its not my problem your store had terrible fry cooks. ;) The three locations I visit are very consistent in freshness and flavor.

ReiGun

I'm amazed it hasn't happened already. Though, I think the Amirox hate-train was sped along by his becoming a mod.

Showed my gf that "Red Ball" episode of The Boondocks. Got myself hype for season four. What real-world events do you think MacGruder will bring up?

I didn't really mind Amirox. He must've done something absurd to get the amount of hate he gets though.

He got into petty arguments, trolled 3DS threads and went back to edit his old, incriminating posts. If I see one of the "why Amir0x was demodded" summations around here, I'll post it.

Amirox is cool as fuck, im friends with him on Live, he is chill as hell. The main bulk of GAF would shit themselves if they ever saw Devo in real life.

A.E Suggs

I've lurked too long.

Where you're from- Jamaica
Where you live- I just moved to Boston for college.
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- Entire family's Jamaican.
Do you know your roots- No
Your Age- 18
Favorite musical genre- Hip-Hop
Your profession/major/career interest- Computer Science
Your religious affiliation- None
Hobbies- Video games, music, tv

That reminds me I forgot to do the template, so if anyone really cares.

Where you're from- U.S.A, yep that's all ya get
Where you live- See above
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- I'm mixed French
Do you know your roots-
Your Age- 25
Favorite musical genre- Anything as long as its good
Your profession/major/career interest- Networking, Construction Work,I've finished college
Your religious affiliation- N/A Don't really mind it though
Hobbies- Basketball, Fighting games, Various other sports

Edit: I'm not as active as during my college days and i'm not all that special either when it comes to the fighting scene. I've been shown of streams maybe twice though.

I feel you need to chill out, homes. People have differing opinions.

Chill out? Lmao brah, look all im saying the same people who post shit like "I would rape devo with this" would put there head down and keep it moving if they every meet her irl. People always put on this tough guy persona on GAF. Seems like I touched a nerve or something with you.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Its times like this that I wish devo was a mod just people would just shut the fuck up. Its really old and borders thread derailing

Its times like this that I wish devo was a mod just people would just shut the fuck up. Its really old and borders thread derailing

At first I thought it was an inside joke in Blackgaf, but then I started seeing it for myself. It could be a thread about deep sea diving and some how someone weaves devo into the mix lol

At first I thought it was an inside joke in Blackgaf, but then I started seeing it for myself. It could be a thread about deep sea diving and some how someone weaves devo into the mix lol

"I wanted to touch a jellyfish that had washed up on the beach, but then Devo said something about how that's extremely dangerous and it could sting me. GOD, SHE'S ALWAYS TELLING PEOPLE WHAT TO DO."

DominoKid

This. I'm guessing NC also has racist tendencies? I honestly don't feel this way at all around my college. The amount of times where I felt that way in my 4 years there I could probably count on one hand.

And can't you do something about your job situation if you're being falsely accused simply because you're black?

NC definitely has racist tendencies. It just gets covered up well because people are so subtle with it.

It's weird. I feel like this no matter where I go, be it the beach, the piedmont or the mountains. It's one of the reasons I cant wait to leave the state.
I haven't been to a lot of places, but I've never felt so uncomfortable as I do in my own home state.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
NC definitely has racist tendencies. It just gets covered up well because people are so subtle with it.

It's weird. I feel like this no matter where I go, be it the beach, the piedmont or the mountains. It's one of the reasons I cant wait to leave the state.
I haven't been to a lot of places, but I've never felt so uncomfortable as I do in my own home state.

get out of nc

or go to charlotte (the good part)

Welcome, PlayDat and A.E Suggs! It's always good to see more people posting.

I don't

They're fucking idiots

This is known.

I want to say that I wouldn't go that far. But honestly, I'm not surprised how most threads fall apart nowadays. I used to at least get a kick out of how sharp of a turn threads would take, but now even skimming them is somewhat frustrating.

G-Fex

Welcome, PlayDat and A.E Suggs! It's always good to see more people posting.

I want to say that I wouldn't go that far. But honestly, I'm not surprised how most threads fall apart nowadays. I used to at least get a kick out of how sharp of a turn threads would take, but now even skimming them is somewhat frustrating.

I've never looked down so badly at GAF as I have done recently.

Top Bottom