• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT2|

Someone tell Devo to go microwave me some BBQ Chicken I got at this ribs place. She's being lazy as fuck.

lol timedog posted on my name, noob

yea yea yea, how those ribs coming along?

It was chicken, I heated it up in the microwave not too long after that post.

l.jpg

Looks like that.

Remember the Nextel/Boost Mobile phones? *BLEEP* WHERE U AT *BLEEP*

Yeah, fuck those things

No I'll go back further than that. I remember BEEPERS. "Yo just hit me on my beeper when you are ready to go."

Would have to stop by a PAYPHONE and call them back. /oldman

it's like that all over the Caribbean, it's slowly changing though, like the US 20 years ago..

Shit dunno where you are from but that she has never been out of style in my circles lol.

It was chicken, I heated it up in the microwave not too long after that post.

http://s3-media3.ak.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/iLY4oRZrgUYNIhi8M6tE1Q/l.jpg[img]

Looks like that.[/QUOTE]
Friends don't let friends eat Cheesy Mac =/.

No I'll go back further than that. I remember BEEPERS. "Yo just hit me on my beeper when you are ready to go."

Would have to stop by a PAYPHONE and call them back. /oldman
oh man, and the upside down messages and stuff... i remember my mom got me a beeper when i was 18! who got me a cellphone? me, myself and i! ... years later ...

my brother got a cellphone when he was 16... and my sister got one at 11!!!

times done changed...

Shit dunno where you are from but that she has never been out of style in my circles lol.
i dunno, all my friends say the same thing... people who've been living in the US are over it and down to try whatever, but when they go back home, everyone there is all uptight about anything other than straight vaginal sex.

Friends don't let friends eat Cheesy Mac =/.
depends on who made it and how...

DominoKid

philosophy-age

name me some black philosophers. are there any?
im tired of reading the same stuff from these old white philosophers.
4 years strong and no black people.
hell, we damn near read the same stuff in every class i've had.

I could never be vegetarian. I don't see the point unless it's for religious reasons. Also meat is too delicious. Also the time I tried for a month I got food poisoning (for probably the first time in over a decade, maybe more) from a veggie burger

I could never be vegetarian. I don't see the point unless it's for religious reasons. Also meat is too delicious. Also the time I tried for a month I got food poisoning (for probably the first time in over a decade, maybe more) from a veggie burger

I could understand some health reasons as well with red meat.

Well I guess if you have high cholesterol or your diet consists solely of red meat in large quantities

You don't need to eat red meat though.

No argument from me but some people don't know how to do things in moderation so they cut stuff entirely out of their life.

I have some vegetarian friends who don't make it a habit to advertise that they are vegetarian. They know where to go, what to eat, what to expect. Then there are the types that do it just to say they do as some sort of "i'm better than you" thing. They couldn't tell you one thing about agribusiness though, just that meat is bad and we cut down the rainforest for cows.

..Kinda worried guys.

Walking from my class to my car in the parking lot and tthis cop car keeps circling around me and mad dogging me.

edit: nothing happened, he followed me all the way to my car visablly upset the whole time. Super weird, I was expecting at least a "where are you coming from?" or "you wouldn't know anything about X would you?"

That looks good, I don't really eat meat anymore sadly.
two of my friends stopped eating meat years ago, they only eat fish, cheese and stuff that grows. they're both in great shape now... but there's no way i can give up that stuff, i love bacon & burgers & ham & steak & all that kind of stuff too much. but i have cut back on .. well, everything .. not just meat. this southern cooking pushed my weight up way too much and i don't walk anywhere, unlike NY when i walked to places all the time.

No argument from me but some people don't know how to do things in moderation so they cut stuff entirely out of their life.

I have some vegetarian friends who don't make it a habit to advertise that they are vegetarian. They know where to go, what to eat, what to expect. Then there are the types that do it just to say they do as some sort of "i'm better than you" thing. They couldn't tell you one thing about agribusiness though, just that meat is bad and we cut down the rainforest for cows.

i gotta say, i never knew how easy/hard it is to eat in moderation until i started doing it. i swear i have dreams and nightmares and daydreams of just stuffing my face with food. i walk to the fridge and just stare at shit for a few minutes several times a day, then close the door and walk away...

Onemic

i gotta say, i never knew how easy/hard it is to eat in moderation until i started doing it. i swear i have dreams and nightmares and daydreams of just stuffing my face with food. i walk to the fridge and just stare at shit for a few minutes several times a day, then close the door and walk away...

I know that feel bro. Sadly I've pretty much given in this past year, have to get back on the healthy eating track.

The older I get I see where my parents failed me (work ethic) but where they got a lot right. In terms of eating well my mom had that shit down pat. Home cooked meals, she made me lunches while I was in grade school and she didn't let me over do it on sweets. I managed to get cavities anyway though thanks to weak enamel and braces but meh.

The more I see how people feed their kids the more I realize that people have to fight how they were raised.

I know that feel bro. Sadly I've pretty much given in this past year, have to get back on the healthy eating track.

yeah, right now i have the fire in my eyes and a goal in mind. i dunno how i'll feel in a few years, or even a few months or even if i'll get there, but i have to try!

harSon

Banned
I was vegetarian for about 2 weeks a year ago, but only because my girlfriend insisted on cooking me lunch and dinner everyday since she was in culinary school. I was eating oatmeal everyday at the time, and I didn't notice I'd gone without meat for so long until I thought about it. Once I reflected on that for a second, I took a drive down to the farmers market and got myself a big ass BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich.

I don't think I've ever met a black vegetarian. Black people got unhealthy shit in everything... Hamhocks in the greens, bacon in the greenbeans, etc. I love how one of my non-black family members will bring a salad or something to a family get together, and the thing will go untouched hahahaha.

JeTmAn81

I've been trying to eat less meat, but it seems really difficult to eat a completely vegetarian meal, especially when my wife really needs to have as much protein as she can get. I have been eating less red meat in general, and trying to cut down soda to once every three days (lol).

Onemic

Why do some people insist on saying all meat is unhealthy? It's really only processed and unlean red meat that should be avoided. Things like skinless chicken or even very lean ground beef is not only not unhealthy, but good for you.

I hate discussions of violence against women within the "hip hop community" and by that I'm tired of the generalized view people have of the genre that leads them to believe everyone in it beats their girlfriend and treats women like disposable cum dumpsters. It doesn't tackle any issues, puts the artists on the defensive and gets people nowhere.

SmokyDave

I hate discussions of violence against women within the "hip hop community" and by that I'm tired of the generalized view people have of the genre that leads them to believe everyone in it beats their girlfriend and treats women like disposable cum dumpsters. It doesn't tackle any issues, puts the artists on the defensive and gets people nowhere.
It's those jazz bastards that are the real culprits.

Top Bottom