• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

RP912

Banned
I think that I need to go away again for another year or so. I'm not sure how you guys do it, but discussing, let alone arguing with people about social issues and race specifically just makes me start feeling animosity inside. Its not healthy at all. You can be incredibly polite and state your views, but so often you'll just be met with a who cares attitude, or being talked to as if you cannot control your emotions and should grow up. You guys keep pushing, I'll be rooting for you all to make it in life.

I don't get bothered by the bullshit on OT. I know it's a lose/lose ratio when it comes down to opinions based on race and class. So I avoid those threads since it's no point in trying to argue with a stainless steel refrigerator. Bottom line, it's not worth taking things seriously, especially on the internet. It's all binary code and gifs through these 4 eyes.

Which would happen first? A good sonic game, Shenmue 3, or Jandro having a well thought out post?

We've already had a good Sonic game. Looks like Jandro takes second place here.

GOTY and no mention of Bayonetta 2?

post-31731-Rudy-Misfits-gif-disgusted-Img-QceB.gif

andthebeatgoeson

I just looked it up. They seem ok. Some of the games they made are amazing, some turds. Assuming you mean EAD.

What turds have they made? This team has only made the Super Mario Galaxy games, Super Mario 3D Land and 3D World as "big" games

only sonic game i've ever played is the original for Genesis, still have it too

you guys should have ducked out when i did

Yeah, we should listen to a guy who's only played 1 Sonic game, and not even the best one. Come on dude. The series peaked at 2/3&K. At least play those before judging

andthebeatgoeson

I think that I need to go away again for another year or so. I'm not sure how you guys do it, but discussing, let alone arguing with people about social issues and race specifically just makes me start feeling animosity inside. Its not healthy at all. You can be incredibly polite and state your views, but so often you'll just be met with a who cares attitude, or being talked to as if you cannot control your emotions and should grow up. You guys keep pushing, I'll be rooting for you all to make it in life.

Trying to change someone's opinion on the internet is a trap. Sarcasm is your soothing balm. Or just completely ignore the threads. Find some other release.

Ground Zeros as GOTY?

Shit is a two hour demo. Fuckouttahere...

I pretty sure I got more than 2 hours out of it. Glorified Demo? Sure. Overpriced? Maybe. But despite all of that its a really good game and preview to The Phantom Pain. Even I wasn't expecting much out of it but the openess of the game and the mechanics and controls are just soo good...it gets GOTY this year.

I'm actually liking MCC so far. Safe for some wonky UI design choices and a single "untracked build, won't upload" error (playing Halo 4 campaign at that), I haven't had any major problems with it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Ground Zeros as GOTY?

Shit is a two hour demo. Fuckouttahere...

I've played it for maybe 20 hours. Just so much shit to do, the attention to detail is bananas. Multiple missions as well, all of them probably took about 10 hours to complete for me. It's that goddamn good.

Plus, time spent doesn't make a game good!

RP912

Banned
Alright BCT let's talk how we feel about GOTY contenders.

Banished was amazing
Wolfenstein: The New Order was incredible
Mario Kart 8 is so much fun
Wasteland 2 was incredibly dope
MGS Ground Zeroes was fantastic.

Banished was good but felt underwhelming, then again I'm a huge SimCity head..so building villages didn't do much for me :(.

the rest of the games I didn't play but I really want to try out Wolfenstein. I hope my pc can run it though...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Banished was good but felt underwhelming, then again I'm a huge SimCity head..so building villages didn't do much for me :(.

the rest of the games I didn't play but I really want to try out Wolfenstein. I hope my pc can run it though...

If you can run RAGE you should be good. Goddamn the game is just fun as fuck to play.

Banished was brutally difficult and a true poverty sim. I dug it.

RP912

Banned
If you can run RAGE you should be good. Goddamn the game is just fun as fuck to play.

Banished was brutally difficult and a true poverty sim. I dug it.

Hmm...maybe I'll get it during winter sale. My pc can run most games to med to high settings...so it should do the game some justice.

the only let down of Banished is that, that one dude couldn't work fast enough to patch the game for most people's liking. Great game, if he had like a group of people helping him it would have extra hot

RP912

Banned
the only let down of Banished is that, that one dude couldn't work fast enough to patch the game for most people's liking. Great game, if he had like a group of people helping him it would have extra hot

For what it's worth. The game felt more polished than SimCity 2013 during launch day which had a huge team behind it.

That fact alone is embarrassing...

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
I haven't played to many new games this year. I guess, Wolfenstein: TNO will be mine. The Long Dark is my favorite, but it's early access and not at all finished.

Gonna order Girl Scout cookies online if I can. Gotta see if I can support my dealers plug in the process.

RP912

Banned
I haven't played to many new games this year. I guess, Wolfenstein: TNO will be mine. The Long Dark is my favorite, but it's early access and not at all finished.

Gonna order Girl Scout cookies online if I can. Gotta see if I can support my dealers plug in the process.

Somoas= I'M IN LOVE WITH THE COCO!!

Village

A pretty good sonic game, to bad they then made lost world. But lost worlds issues is more of a " sonic identity crisis" thing more than anything.

The generations team is up next to bat, hopefully they do the thing that is the simplest expansion on their formula . No dumb sinister 6, no dumb parkour, no just.

" what game are you making"

" sonic generations with different levels and more characters."

Done don't past go, don't collect 200 bucks, done.

Anyone want a BCT Xbox One theme?

What would that even be?

Just this

Xf4ENYj.jpg

Instead of ELLE it just says " New Black "

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Is titanfall worth it this late? If that deluxe edition sale is still going on I may hop on it today.

They've added a lot of stuff since launch. Very good, I picked it all up at $12 and it was a crazy value. Game's still funner than a bag of dicks.

Mortemis

Banned
YES.....YES!

Game is so dope it's not even funny. They recently added a season mode for vet players to rank up in.

They've added a lot of stuff since launch. Very good, I picked it all up at $12 and it was a crazy value. Game's still funner than a bag of dicks.

I remember reading that no one is playing campaign so its impossible to get some titans. Is that true?

This is sounding good tho.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I remember reading that no one is playing campaign so its impossible to get some titans. Is that true?

This is sounding good tho.

I checked last night and there's a few hundred on there at any time. Few thousand in the basic attrition mode. They fucked themselves with too many game types though. Splintered as hell. That said, you can still find matches.

Mortemis

Banned
I checked last night and there's a few hundred on there at any time. Few thousand in the basic attrition mode. They fucked themselves with too many game types though. Splintered as hell. That said, you can still find matches.

Aight, I think I'll grab it then. I'll give you guys my xbl in a little bit, gonna make a new one.

Alright Family. Christmas shopping is done thanks to Amazon. I got some disposable income.

What's up with Dragon Age Inquisition? Should I bite?

Black Friday and Cyber Monday are my everything. So far I've managed to snag:

- Xbox One, extra One controller, MCC, GTAV NG, Fibbage
- 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive for $29.99
- New button-up top from American Eagle (40% off, free shipping)
- Hopefully nabbing a $549 laptop for college

I'm going to have spent like $1500 by the end of this including $300 for Smash 4. Not on Amiibos or anything - I managed to go 50/50 on a refurb Wii U ($200) and the Smash 4 controller adapter bundle ($99) twice over, one set with my parents for Christmas, one with my boyfriend for his place - so I'm basically paying full price for two sets.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Best Sonic game is still 3&Knux. Worst is Black Knight.

Colors and generations are better than the Adventures

jWILL253

Banned
I pretty sure I got more than 2 hours out of it. Glorified Demo? Sure. Overpriced? Maybe. But despite all of that its a really good game and preview to The Phantom Pain. Even I wasn't expecting much out of it but the openess of the game and the mechanics and controls are just soo good...it gets GOTY this year.

I've played it for maybe 20 hours. Just so much shit to do, the attention to detail is bananas. Multiple missions as well, all of them probably took about 10 hours to complete for me. It's that goddamn good.

Plus, time spent doesn't make a game good!

Nah...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom