• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

god i forgot about this game

so what's the consensus on the system to play it on? it's not an issue for me, but after i pick this up i'm definitely grabbing sf4 and a couple sticks, so if anyone could base a recommendation off that then it would be awesome

also i know nothing about sticks ;p

jaundicejuice said:
fanboy whining

Street Fighter 3 was fine without Chun Li.

Street Fighter 3 2nd Impact was fine without Chun Li.

Then they added Chun Li to 3rd Strike and IMO fucked her all up. I don't see the point in changing characters so drastically in terms of move set that they barely resemble their original play style. Make a new fucking character!

In a perfect world fighting game developers would toss bullshit storylines into the trash and just add new characters to the roster with each new release.

Unfortunately that's not going to happen any time soon.

Mai will be back in future KoF games, I'm sure of it.

In the meantime we've got to fucking support the developers willing to invest the time and money in creating hand drawn 2D fighters. If we don't, we're going to get nothing but hideous 3D shit from now on and that's just one more god damn reason for me to get the fuck out of this hobby.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Mr. Spinnington said:
god i forgot about this game

so what's the consensus on the system to play it on? it's not an issue for me, but after i pick this up i'm definitely grabbing sf4 and a couple sticks, so if anyone could base a recommendation off that then it would be awesome

also i know nothing about sticks ;p

IF you're planning on playing at offline tournies- PS3 is usually best

If you're not- 360 is usually best

corkscrewblow said:
Haven't been following this much but is the soundtrack going to be all metal like GG? If so, day one.

Yeah, the soundtrack is pretty sweet, and there are links in the OP if you want to listen to some samples. Based on the songs I've listened to (Jin's, Ragna's, and Noel's) it's very power metal. I won't listen to any others because I want to be surprised by the rest of the soundtrack when the game ships. :p

Anyone else been playing a lot of Guilty Gear to get ready? I played some on psp for a trip today and then came home and realized I had Reload on the original Xbox which is bc so I played it using my SF4 pads and it's very nice.

The Take Out Bandit said:
jaundicejuice said:
fanboy whining

Street Fighter 3 was fine without Chun Li.

Street Fighter 3 2nd Impact was fine without Chun Li.

Then they added Chun Li to 3rd Strike and IMO fucked her all up. I don't see the point in changing characters so drastically in terms of move set that they barely resemble their original play style. Make a new fucking character!

In a perfect world fighting game developers would toss bullshit storylines into the trash and just add new characters to the roster with each new release.

Unfortunately that's not going to happen any time soon.

Mai will be back in future KoF games, I'm sure of it.

In the meantime we've got to fucking support the developers willing to invest the time and money in creating hand drawn 2D fighters. If we don't, we're going to get nothing but hideous 3D shit from now on and that's just one more god damn reason for me to get the fuck out of this hobby.

I should have known better than to respond to someone tossing out a chronic masturbator remark, who then ups the ante by pejoratively labeling my opinion fanboy whining even though we're basically stating the same sentiment about supporting the developers so they can improve on future efforts, albeit mine is lacking your patented Street Fighter IV trolling.

I'm not going to bother responding to you anymore, I don't want to derail the thread with this.

robut said:
Anyone else been playing a lot of Guilty Gear to get ready? I played some on psp for a trip today and then came home and realized I had Reload on the original Xbox which is bc so I played it using my SF4 pads and it's very nice.

Yeah, I fired up Accent Core Plus earlier this afternoon and took a few characters through the arcade mode. Figured the practice would do me some good.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
arstal said:

Is 360 that much better with online fighters?

Mamesj

Banned
arstal said:

what's this based on? aside from controllers (even though you can get a SFIV fightpad for both.)

Mamesj said:
what's this based on? aside from controllers (even though you can get a SFIV fightpad for both.)

Well I don't think there is any difference in PS3 and 360 aside from controllers and the fact that almost any USB PC/PS3/PS2 stick can be plugged in, thus they never use 360 in tournaments unless user is not allowed to bring his own stick. It's not about fightpad being in both systems, its the ability to allow much more.

Kintaro said:
Is 360 that much better with online fighters?

Xbox Live > PSN since it has a better infrastructure.

mikanko

I am definitely picking this up, though probably the $50 asian ver. as I only have a JP 360.

Anyone know if the 7k yen JP release has an English text option? I was kinda weirded out by the English voice acting and text shown for half a second in the JP trailer.

I have yet to play the game and I somehow know Noel will be my most played character, as I have this thing for dual wielding handguns. That thing being that it's fucking rad.

Mamesj

Banned
shagg_187 said:
Well I don't think there is any difference in PS3 and 360 aside from controllers and the fact that almost any USB PC/PS3/PS2 stick can be plugged in, thus they never use 360 in tournaments unless user is not allowed to bring his own stick. It's not about fightpad being in both systems, its the ability to allow much more.

right, I somehow didn't catch "at offline tournies" when I read arstal's post the first time.

I've got a question for Markman or anyone else who has the game, what are the voice chat options? Are mics enabled, is it open mic, can you disable voice in general or mute specific players? I guess this is all a given with the 360 version since it's basic Live functionality, but what about the PS3 version?

jsrv

Is online mode going to be region-locked, or are we going to be able to play online mode internationally?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
robut said:

I've been playing a fair amount of Accent Core Plus recently. I upgraded to it when it came out but I never actually played it that much.

It's kinda funny, after playing quite a bit of online SSFIITHDR my skill in 2D fighting games actually shot up a ton. Now going back and playing Guilty Gear after that improvement and it's almost a brand new game. :O

robut said:

Yes! I haven't played GG in a VERY long time, so I downloaded the Xbox Originals version of Reload to hopefully dissolve some of my rust before BB comes out. Agreed, it's very nice on the SF4 pad. Still going to grab a stick eventually, though. :p

Chromax

jaundicejuice said:
I've got a question for Markman or anyone else who has the game, what are the voice chat options? Are mics enabled, is it open mic, can you disable voice in general or mute specific players? I guess this is all a given with the 360 version since it's basic Live functionality, but what about the PS3 version?

I'd like to know this as well, please don't tell me all of you that got the game early got the 360 version.

Mamesj

Banned
robut said:

yeah, Accent Core Plus on PSP. Can't FRC for shit on it, but otherwise, it's fun!

ZealousD

Holy shit, Bang has a crazy j-rock theme that starts up when he does his powerup move. :lol

ZealousD

Okay, Noel asks Litchi if she can touch her "panda".

:lol :lol :lol

lol at all the dubs, so bad especially Hakumen's soooo epic!:lol :lol

Edit: Just found out that in New york, the game's coming out on wednesday:D

Xabora

dragonflys545 said:
33upsuf.jpg

Sooo appropriate.

the dubs aren't bad just over the top and in a game in which there are ninjas, cyborg chicks, and blob thingies, and oscar winning lines like don't touch the panda,...thats okay....tho Ragna having Gintoki and Kyon's Japanese voice actor could possibly bring out my inner weebo..

Ronin

Knux-Future said:
the dubs aren't bad just over the top and in a game in which there are ninjas, cyborg chicks, and blob thingies, and oscar winning lines like don't touch the panda,...thats okay....tho Ragna having Gintoki and Kyon's Japanese voice actor could possibly bring out my inner weebo..
"Come on brotherrrrr!"

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Knux-Future said:

Infinite win.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
any news on euro release yet? So gutted this us one is region locked.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Knux-Future said:
The VA of Gintoki is made of 100% Concentrated Win, Pulp-free.

RavenFox

Banned
dragonflys545 said:
lol at all the dubs, so bad especially Hakumen's soooo epic!:lol :lol

Where Chinatown? J&L are going to rape our pockets and asses.

Foxix Von

I really like the menus. Really silly thing to comment on, but I guess to me this gen has been so filled with really annoying menus that were simultaneously bland or ugly AND slow. They seemed pretty quick and looked slick to boot.

VQ

Top Bottom