• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Official Thread [360/PS3] - Be Ready for the Rebel

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Mattlikewhoa said:
Play Asia has the HRAP BlazBlue stick in stock. Does anyone know if they are getting the game early as well?

They are likely preparing to ship the game out tomorrow so it arrives to people who went with Fedex or UPS shipping on Thursday.

This is going to be a bizarre, bizarre post, but;

Does anyone know where I can get a good GC Controller-to-USB adaptor? A good one? _dementia has one, but only portions of the controller work.

I ask because I much, much prefer ArcSys fighters on the GC controller for some reason. It just clicks.

That, and I'd like to go to a tourney or two with that set up, if only for the stares I'd get.

(P.S. I'm really, really considering it. I need to find a job first, though.)

Cory_t_

So is there any way for a Canadian to get some of the nice pre-order bonuses without paying an arm and a leg? GameStop was around $80 and Amazon.com was close to $100!!! Amazon.ca has nothing!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Cory_t_ said:
So is there any way for a Canadian to get some of the nice pre-order bonuses without paying an arm and a leg? GameStop was around $80 and Amazon.com was close to $100!!! Amazon.ca has nothing!
You need an American Insider. Just ask around Gaf, I'm sure if your willing to foot the bill(Price+Tax, +Shipping). A gaffer would be nice enough to pick you one up also.

I'm not nice, 20% commission charge

SamBishop

Banned
Preview copy came in today (along with all the other stuff in the deluxe packaging -- including the Mana Energy Potion thing I'll never touch -- I love you Aksys). I've barely spent more than about 10 minutes with the game and I already have that itch to start memorizing everything. Gonna check out the DVD first, though. Litch is breastacular.

DustinC

SamBishop said:
Preview copy came in today (along with all the other stuff in the deluxe packaging -- including the Mana Energy Potion thing I'll never touch -- I love you Aksys). I've barely spent more than about 10 minutes with the game and I already have that itch to start memorizing everything. Gonna check out the DVD first, though. Litch is breastacular.

I tried the Mana Energy Potion.

You're making a wise choice.

Lyte Edge said:
They are likely preparing to ship the game out tomorrow so it arrives to people who went with Fedex or UPS shipping on Thursday.

Woo...I just checked my order and it's being processed. I should have it for Thursday or Friday since I used FedEX.

Poppin in this thread. For the most part I've been pretty meh towards this game, might be the fact that I couldn't really explore the game do to the beasts at the arcade lol. Friend convinced me to pick it up on ps3, looking forwar to games w/ you guys!

How do I pick Balrog

FindMyFarms said:
Poppin in this thread. For the most part I've been pretty meh towards this game, might be the fact that I couldn't really explore the game do to the beasts at the arcade lol. Friend convinced me to pick it up on ps3, looking forwar to games w/ you guys!

How do I pick Balrog

Hey guys, How I f.rh -> astral finish in dis gaem?

More like rollerball imo.

SamBishop said:

I don't suppose we could get any pics or at least a description of the deluxe packaging.

GalacticAE said:
Hey guys, How I f.rh -> astral finish in dis gaem?

More like rollerball imo.

OH snapz dis game has teh ultraz too?

I see they ripped off SF4's FADC w/ their rapid cancel, first kof12 w/ the c. viper ripoff and now BB joins in?!

You know you want to

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
rainking187 said:
I don't suppose we could get any pics or at least a description of the deluxe packaging.

No, you can't. Nobody knows what's inside deluxe packaging. It could be a soundtrack. Or a DVD full of helpful instructional. Who knows? Not me. That's for sure. I don't have a clue. So it's certainly not in the OP.

Volcynika

ZealousD said:
No, you can't. Nobody knows what's inside deluxe packaging. It could be a soundtrack. Or a DVD full of helpful instructional. Who knows? Not me. That's for sure. I don't have a clue. So it's certainly not in the OP.

:lol

FindMyFarms said:
OH snapz dis game has teh ultraz too?

I see they ripped off SF4's FADC w/ their rapid cancel, first kof12 w/ the c. viper ripoff and now BB joins in?!

You know you want to

This game ripped off Super Turbo with their fancy jumping kick attacks and pretty meters.

Is playasia shipping now? Is there any store online currently shipping?

Quixzlizx

ZealousD said:

He was blinded by the number of meters in the screenshots.

ZealousD said:

I know what's in the packaging, I want to know what the actual packaging is like. The mockups make it look like a huge box, but all that's in there is the game and the bonus discs. Is it a slipcover? An actual box? And if he got the 360 version are the bonus discs in one of those shitty three discs on one hub deal?

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I swear to god, after hearing it once I just can't stop thinking "BOO-RAY BREW!" every time I see the name of this game. :lol

Still trying to make up my mind between the PS3 and 360 version.

Does anyone know if the instructional videos on the Blu-ray disc are actually in HD?

FindMyFarms said:

How do I pick Balrog

no more jabz for you!!!!! hahahaha

in all seriousness, i look forward to playing with everyone again as well :D

SamBishop said:

Any impressions on the DVD yet?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
rainking187 said:
I know what's in the packaging, I want to know what the actual packaging is like. The mockups make it look like a huge box, but all that's in there is the game and the bonus discs. Is it a slipcover? An actual box? And if he got the 360 version are the bonus discs in one of those shitty three discs on one hub deal?

Oh.

Those mockups don't look all that special to me. It looks like just a couple cases slapped into a paper box or something. If it's anything else I'd be surprised. Especially considering the upgrade is free.

All the secret achievements are posted in this thread on x360a by the way

348r77d.jpg
14. Beautiful Arakune
Had a perfect match using Arakune. 20 G [SECRET]
oh god

iconoclast said:
All the secret achievements are posted in this thread on x360a by the way

oh god

The image for "Hands Where I Can See Them" has me even more interested in this game now, to be honest with you. I hope we get those same pics as PS3 trophies. Does anyone know if they do that? Are the images for 360 achievements also used for PS3 trophies on multiplatform games usually?

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Mattlikewhoa said:
Woo...I just checked my order and it's being processed. I should have it for Thursday or Friday since I used FedEX.

Mine's shipped...might even come on Wednesday now! :D

CPS2

I just bought a PS3 so I can play this game :D

This is totally the wrong place to ask, but I'm not sure where else to. I'm having the same problem as this guy. Basically on the XMB with no game loaded, there's little white flashing specs on the screen. The only game I have at the moment is SC4, which runs in 720p and looks fine. Is this a common thing? Worried that the GPU might be fried, but it looks great in-game =/

Dizzy-4U

I wonder if this game will have like a "super mode" for every character. Like in Guilty Gear, when you picked the yellow costume with any character, their attack/defense/speed was increased a lot. I used o play a lot in those modes just to practice my defense, since my Baiken took damage like a bitch.

415807D5-00000018.png

edit:
"Hands Where I Can See Them"
415807D5-0000001F.png

BillyG_3001 said:
Does anyone know if BlazBlue will be region free?
I want this game & I haven't yet seen a release date for this in the UK :)

I guess you are talking about the 360 version, the answer is no for the USA and JAP version. Asian version is unknown

BillyG_3001 said:
Does anyone know if BlazBlue will be region free?
I want this game & I haven't yet seen a release date for this in the UK :)
PS3: Of course.
360: No.

The North American publisher intended to make the 360 version region free, but they ran into red tape and that was not possible. Hopefully that means a Euro publisher has decided to pick the game up.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I really hope those images aren't the ones in the art book. How embarrassing.

:D So hawt.

Speaking of that, I ust checked on my Gamestop.com order and it says the artbook is backordered. :|

Anybody have experience with Gamestop.com preorders and know if they're going to hold the entire shipment because of that? I'll be so pissed.
But I'd buy the PS3 version in the meantime to get my fix.

Also, having never ordered any joysticks from overseas, are controllers region-free? I'm assuming so, but would like to play it safe before I buy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
DimmuBurgerKing said:
:D So hawt.

Speaking of that, I ust checked on my Gamestop.com order and it says the artbook is backordered. :|

Anybody have experience with Gamestop.com preorders and know if they're going to hold the entire shipment because of that? I'll be so pissed.
But I'd buy the PS3 version in the meantime to get my fix.

Also, having never ordered any joysticks from overseas, are controllers region-free? I'm assuming so, but would like to play it safe before I buy.

I ordered relatively early and it's always been listed as "Backordered" for me. I asked around and no one has had a status for the artbook other than "Backordered," although plenty don't have the artbook listed at all.

If someone has a status otherwise, it'd be nice to hear.

DimmuBurgerKing said:
Controllers are region-free. Don't hesitate.

GuardianE said:
I ordered relatively early and it's always been listed as "Backordered" for me. I asked around and no one has had a status for the artbook other than "Backordered," although plenty don't have the artbook listed at all.

If someone has a status otherwise, it'd be nice to hear.

I've always been under the impression that they list preorder bonuses as backordered until the game is released to make sure people don't recieve them early and then cancel the order for the actual game. Just a guess though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
argh seeing the game pick up on the hype steam makes me super pissed for the non euro release.

Microsoft sux real hard for not allowing this to be region free. way to hate sales you jerks.

I'm going to go pirate something of microsofts to punish them for dicking over europe and not taking my money I want to give them. (not really)

_dementia said:
PS3: Of course.
360: No.

The North American publisher intended to make the 360 version region free, but they ran into red tape and that was not possible. Hopefully that means a Euro publisher has decided to pick the game up.

Thanks _dementia

This is great news for me, now I can get KOF XII & BlazBlue on the PS3 & forget about the UK release dates :)

USD

Dizzy-4U said:
I wonder if this game will have like a "super mode" for every character. Like in Guilty Gear, when you picked the yellow costume with any character, their attack/defense/speed was increased a lot. I used o play a lot in those modes just to practice my defense, since my Baiken took damage like a bitch.

415807D5-00000018.png

edit:
"Hands Where I Can See Them"
415807D5-0000001F.png

You forgot this one. :lol

"Be Gentle... It's My First Time."
415807D5-0000001A.png

rainking187 said:
I've always been under the impression that they list preorder bonuses as backordered until the game is released to make sure people don't recieve them early and then cancel the order for the actual game. Just a guess though.

This actually makes sense.

LiK

i re-preordered from GS.com yesterday,. cancelled originally them i remembered it comes with an artbook. hope i dont get shafted. :|

Top Bottom