• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Championships |OT| Wimbledon, 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 231381
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
tragic results for tennis, but djokovic was clearly the better player so can't hate. my vitriol is reserved for anderson.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
No shame losing to GOATjovic.

He just went full Les Miles. Never go full Les Miles!

cfblesmilesgrass.gif

miserable

fuck this shit! He couldn't get the job done, Weakerer
now we'll have to look at this clown lifting the trophy again along with his asshole coach

Can't believe what Federer turned up today after Friday and even the tournament in general.

Just goes to show doesn't matter how good a tournament as a whole you play if you can get to the final.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
the actual championship points for federer were actually anderson's two break points in the fifth set. those are the "small margins" so much spoken of in professional tennis.

Federer had 12 more winners, but over double the amount of Errors

He lost to himself, and he should be ashamed. Djokovic wasn't exactly amazing today.

Kensuke

The atmosphere in the stadium is so weird. There is respect for Novak of course, but I guess most people are just disillusioned. Everyone wanted Roger to win, but Djokovic really was the better player by far.

Clegg

So that's Slam 9 for Novak at 28 years of age. His only real competition is an old man, a broken man and a Scottish man. I reckon he could go into the high teems for Slams.

Ricker

Another Slam over(almost),nice thread and posting guys,can't wait for the US open,and Rogers Cup,should be there for a few days...

SIRF

Don't understand how anyone can hate Djokovic, Federer or Nadal. You have three of the all time greats to who give us the best tennis imaginable. Just enjoy the ride, it would't be fun if one of the three just dominated the others.

spuckthew

First set was Federer's to lose after he broke. And then after he won the second set, which was a pretty great set compared to the rest of the match, he played rubbish.

With Nadal's poor performances and Fed's peak long past, tennis is remarkably boring these days. Djokovic is a robot and thoroughly uninteresting to watch. A great tennis player no doubt, but he doesn't stir my passion for the sport. The lesser seeds aren't consistent enough to mount regular challenges either.

mcfrank

I don't get people saying it was a bad match. I am a huge fed fan and even I can say it was a good match. Both players had more winners than errors. Super intense first 2 sets. It was not a bad match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom