• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The colors of this photo will appear different to everyone. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izuna

Banned
Weird bump :p I thought this was settled. It's not an optical illusion strictly speaking, it's an undoctored photo someone took and people see it very differently, but no one is "wrong", it just makes you realize we can see color different from person to person and that is crazy.

And I see it as blue and gold. :p

It's an illusion because it can change for the same person. We just haven't figured out an image that triggers it consistantly for people yet

StayDead

Well fuck. I just saw the explanation in the OP and my eyes must be damaged. I wear glasses and they said my retinas were fine but damn :(

I can't see anything but white and gold now.

MogCakes

Original image is white/light blue and gold. The black part of the dress is likely reflecting the yellowish light, and the blue is probably just being funky under that lighting. Either way, the dress in the image at its most basic level is light blue and mustard yellow/gold. The actual dress might be black and blue, but the lighting conditions are what's fucking with the image clarity. The photographer probably chose this dress for that very reason.

Izuna

Banned
Original image is white/light blue and gold. The black part of the dress is likely reflecting the yellowish light, and the blue is probably just being funky under that lighting. Either way, the dress in the image at its most basic level is light blue and mustard yellow/gold. The actual dress might be black and blue, but the lighting conditions are what's fucking with the image clarity. The photographer probably chose this dress for that very reason.

No, the way it looks should flip for you after some time. The photographer had no idea and AFAIK, the story goes that people were saying black/blue and white/gold in a small group so they kept asking more people.

Then Tumblr and buzz feed came up with bullshit because people didn't realise it can change for people (and is an illusion). You can see that happen in this very thread back in 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom