• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance Tactics E3 2019 Trailer

I just recently watched this movie again after more than 30 years. Did not know this was coming at all. Looks interesting.

When I was watching this I was thinking "So what are they gonna call this..... Dark Crystal Tactics???" and laughed when it turned out to be the actual name.

But hey I'll take what tactics games I can get at this point... :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying:

cabbage5k2

This game looks very similar to the Mercenary Saga games. Hopefully it doesn't follow the grammatical problems those games had

fatty

When I was watching this I was thinking "So what are they gonna call this..... Dark Crystal Tactics???" and laughed when it turned out to be the actual name.

But hey I'll take what tactics games I can get at this point... :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying: :messenger_loudly_crying:

Yeah, excited to see a Tactics game on the Switch, seems like the perfect platform for the genre.

The game is getting poor reviews but I like the look of it and have it wishlisted on GOG. Once there's a sale I'm picking it up.

Fwiw I haven't seen the Netflix show yet but loved the original movie as a kid.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I was surprised that it was only $20. I was tempted to get it, but there’s a handful of other things releasing on the 20th.

Can we trust them? Shame, if so, because it looks really cool.
From a few I've seen.

I know one of them is Jim who straight out said it was "shit" but that guy.... yeah....

Regardless I have it on my GOG wishlist. From YT videos it looks good enough to me.

Last edited:

fatty

I clicked on the thread today and was thinking ”they are making a Dark Crystal tactics game?”...and then I noticed I posted in this thread months ago. Dang, I am getting old.

But yeah, it has been pretty quiet regarding this game, doesnt Sound too oromimis.

I clicked on the thread today and was thinking ”they are making a Dark Crystal tactics game?”...and then I noticed I posted in this thread months ago. Dang, I am getting old.

But yeah, it has been pretty quiet regarding this game, doesnt Sound too oromimis.
No official topic here other than this.

Jimquisition said it was "shit" but hey, it's Jim.

Guess I'm the only one interested and I'm not a strategy game guy but I loved the original movie.

Honestly it's a weird idea to make this a tactics game. Should have probably been a short RPG or adventure type game.

Bullet Club

Game got released a few days ago and no talk at all here....

That bad?
It looks like it's average at best

aQ30Vdl.png

Top Bottom