• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) - No Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni26774417/

A "reliable source" for Cosmic Book News is reporting that his friend has seen a rough cut of The Dark Knight Rises and calls it, "a flawless movie." And that is some high praise since the supposed viewer didn't even get to see all the CGI shots completed. It is one of those films that leaves you on the edge of your seat much like The Dark Knight did

How believable is that?

Don't read the rest in the link, it's spoiler-ish.

Arnie

Is it me or are trailers for this particularly scarce. We've had that single, teaser one back in December, and then nothing. Doesn't the film release in 2 months?

rCgtu.gif

:lol

Blader

Is it me or are trailers for this particularly scarce. We've had that single, teaser one back in December, and then nothing. Doesn't the film release in 2 months?

There was a teaser last summer, trailer + prologue in December, and then a new trailer in less than 2 weeks.

effzee

I think its the lack of a viral marketing campaign plus the fact the first trailer was lackluster compared to the trailers we saw for TDK.

Otherwise the movie marketing in terms of teasers and trailers are right on schedule compared to TDK. TDK final trailer was attached to Iron Man in May 2008. Same time in between trailers.

i think the problem is TDK was besotted with image 'leaks' and so we had a lot of pictures to mull over. TDKR has been pretty quiet apart from the officially released stuff.

Dany

Banned
i think the problem is TDK was besotted with image 'leaks' and so we had a lot of pictures to mull over. TDKR has been pretty quiet apart from the officially released stuff.

On location shots of Pittsburg was all over the place, kind of crazy of the chase we saw.

I'm talking about the stacks of pics WB leaked on purpose,

like this:

these pics were never released officially

Gotcha. Yeah. It has seemed oddly quiet so far outside a couple of magazines. Doesn't seem like the teaser or trailer were that widespread. I would expect shit is about to go crazy. Starting with the new trailer, I bet we start seeing Batman everywhere.

DMczaf

TDKR's security has been pretty insane compared to TDK. We get some call sheet stuff, or speculation on what we see in set photos, but that's about it.

I'm still surprised that they kept the 8 year time gap secret up til Nolan revealed it in December.

I thought the runtime was confirmed already at around 140 mins? Oh well, hope it's true.

I just found out I'm on holiday in Spain when it comes out.

vadernoo.jpg

Dany

Banned
This thread will remain the OT, right? We have to consolidate the madness of this entire timeline into a singular thread.

rekameohs

Banned
Wasn't TDK pretty much just as long? And rushed toward the end? LOL! The third act was so fucking dragged out with that boat bullshit.

I felt that Dent's character should have been more fleshed out instead of just an abrupt turn to being evil (though I guess Ra's was pretty similar in Begins). It's just my opinion.

I felt that Dent's character should have been more fleshed out instead of just an abrupt turn to being evil (though I guess Ra's was pretty similar in Begins). It's just my opinion.

Agreed. They could have given more time to Dent if they didn't waste so much time cutting back to Joker and Deebo's shitty boat game.

Dany

Banned
The extras didnt' bother me.

Also having Harvey turn to two face, leading to his quick death was great, really showed the lack of control influence Joker can have. Control isn't the right word but the joker didnt' have a good handle on the situation because Harvey was too good to be evil for too long.

DMczaf

I still don't get this idea of Dent's character having an "abrupt turn". Dent was already showing signs of an underlying darkness, like when he was interrogating Schiff. It was a double sided coin, but I believed Dent would have escalated the situation if Schiff didn't give up and/or Batman didn't intervene.

Once Dent lost the love of his life and pretty much any chance at living a normal life, his grief was propelling him to hate the world and everything in it. All Joker did was provide the little push.

Blader

It's not like Dent turned into a supervillain and tried to destroy the city or whatever. He only wanted to kill the handful of people he blamed for Rachel's death and then himself.

rekameohs

Banned
It was done fine; I mean I really loved The Dark Knight. I just think that maybe just a tiny bit more of the stuff like with Schiff couldn't hurt. And that's something that could have been done in the additional 8 minutes that would have pushed the film to 160.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom