• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises (Batman 3) - No Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I wonder if avengers will have 100min+ of cgi on screen

I don't think we hit that total, but I can't recall the total length of the finals reel. Then again, I'm not entirely sure of the total running time of the other vendor shots either (Weta, DD, etc), so it might hit that total (assuming you're counting any and all vfx work as CG including minor shots).

Dent died for our sins

And Harvey Dent, Our district attorney, was shown to be the work of Nolan when Nolan raised him from the dead a mere 8 years after his death to show us that we must believe in him and he shall believe in all of us as well to punish and hunt the dark knight.

- Bane 3:16

Can not fucking wait.

untitled-1q0jf5.gif

Guzim

Speaking of TDK, I was wondering why it was trending on Twitter. It's on TNT right now, go watch Solo!

It's at the part where Batman says he's going to rescue Rachel, but halfway through the drive to rescue her he decides to save Harvey instead.

According to gaf renner is.

Tx xia.

Tdkr might have what 5 minutes tops for the joker scenes, football, catwoman HUD, the batgun, and fox last invention.

I thought there weren't going to be any sort of Joker scenes because of the directors respect for Heath Ledger?

Ashhong

It's at the part where Batman says he's going to rescue Rachel, but halfway through the drive to rescue her he decides to save Harvey instead.

Seriously, that was a huge mistake on Nolan's part. He should have had a scene where Batman called Gordon and told him of his plans. Huge plot hole.

Seriously, that was a huge mistake on Nolan's part. He should have had a scene where Batman called Gordon and told him of his plans. Huge plot hole.

Nolan is a fucking hack. Seriously, hearing that sound guy drop something and then Ledger spilling his drink during the Dent fundraiser scene is just about the worst thing I've ever seen in a movie. How the fuck does nobody catch that while filming? George Lucas would have at least cleaned that shit up in editing.

Dany

Banned
Nolan is a fucking hack. Seriously, hearing that sound guy drop something and then Ledger spilling his drink during the Dent fundraiser scene is just about the worst thing I've ever seen in a movie. How the fuck does nobody catch that while filming? George Lucas would have at least cleaned that shit up in editing.

I shudder every time someone mentions that.

Tookay

Haha I remember that post. Fucking ridiculous.

Fry

Wut???

Huh. Has hints of total bullshit. But, I hope this is true:

After The Dark Knight credits, Batman was still active for a while, and when crime could be handled by the Gotham PD alone, he retired. During this period, Wayne Manor was complete along with the batcave, and he kept his stuff in their and just lived as Bruce Wayne mourning Rachel's death until Bane and Catwoman arrive in Gotham and cause mayhem.

Not a big spoiler, but I like to play it safe. I hope it's true because I don't really like the idea that his fight with Joker
was the last time he was Batman in the entire 8 year span.

ihC0XDVSUMHaf.gif

lololololol

I'm 99% sure he was just trolling. Surely...

160 minutes!? Make sure you piss before the movie starts!

My theater had TDK on two screen at midnight. My screen had to be over 80 degrees in the room, it was balls fucking hot. I don't think I could make it 160 minutes. Had a friend in the other screen who said it was nice and air conditioned in theirs. Bullshit.

We also had a whole row of drunk dumb fucks behind us who snuck in enough beer to get us all drunk. Luckily the manager busted them. Granted, they only had to put the beer in their car instead of getting the boot.

I hate theaters...

/Random bitching

shira

2hr 40mins?

I thought this was going to be leaner at 2hr 19mins? wasn't that the rumored run time some months ago?
Maybe they added a mid-credits scene with Darkseid revealed as Ras' puppemaster.

And aftercredits scene where Gordon gives a Zod card to Superman ontop of mcu asking him too look into it.

Amazing.

I felt that Dent's character should have been more fleshed out instead of just an abrupt turn to being evil (though I guess Ra's was pretty similar in Begins). It's just my opinion.

I don't think it was abrupt. It was done pretty well and Eckhart sold it. He never really turns to evil, but he does go on a murderous rampage against those that murdered Rachel and destroyed his life. Only near the end when he has Gordon's son has he really gone off the rails... and even then, I don't think he would've killed the kid if the scarred side came up.

I would have been more shocked if the coin landed scarred side up for Dent and he just blew his own brains out. That would've been an amazing way to end the movie.

KevPazk4540

Neo Member

I could be wrong but I always assumed that sound was intentional, maybe like a tray that got knocked over my someone

RSLYG

Random TDK question :

Remember "Kill the Batman" line during mob meeting session ?
Do you prefer the movie version or the trailer version ?
I'm pretty sure you guys remember the difference.

I think the trailer version is better.

KevPazk4540

Neo Member
Random TDK question :

Remember "Kill the Batman" line during mob meeting session ?
Do you prefer the movie version or the trailer version ?
I'm pretty sure you guys remember the difference.

I think the trailer version is better.

I think the joker cuts in all the trailers were better, and there were many, especially the comcast trailer

I think the joker cuts in all the trailers were better, and there were many, especially the comcast trailer

I loved the was he said "where is Harvey Dent?!" in the comcast trailer. He sounded pretty scary. Also the way he said "come on, hit me" in the first trailer was definitely better.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Hey you guys.
What if this movie turns out bad? And by that I mean, what if Alfred never gets to bang catwoman?
Seriously. If Alfred doesn't hit that. Then I will not count this as Nolan canon. Alfred's character has just been built up so well. It only makes sense that he hits his climax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom