• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises - Trailer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grisby

I don't know. Not as excited for this one as I was with the Dark Knight. Looks like it'll be entertaining though.

I kind of wish they would have went in a more fantastical direction with Hathaway's Catwoman. I think she'll do fine in the role but the costume seems a bit tame.

apana

That's kind of irrelevant. The Narrows in BB (and Gotham in general) were great at reflecting the corruption of Gotham. Nolan could have applied much of the style from the Narrows into the rest of the city in TDK instead of just.... Chicago. The look of Gotham in TDK doesn't tell us anything story-wise.

I don't really care, in fact the Batman Begins sets looked a little too much like they came out of a comic book. We all know a city is a city and whatever works for the particular story is what I want to see.

Bane would slap the shit out of the Joker. But Joker would be pretty useful for Bane's plans. Damn, I wonder how it would have been if Joker was still involved.

apana

i prefer bane's older voice. he sounds so computerized in this one.

I would have liked some kind of latin american accent for Bane. It seems like Hardy did try do a little bit of that in the plane scene but then he just went back to "evil british" accent. He feels a lot like a Bond villain, I don't mind them adding their own twists but I hope they capture the essence of what Bane is like what they did with the Joker.

shira

I would have liked some kind of latin american accent for Bane. It seems like Hardy did try do a little bit of that in the plane scene but then he just went back to "evil british" accent. He feels a lot like a Bond villain, I don't mind them adding their own twists but I hope they capture the essence of what Bane is like what they did with the Joker.
That's only on the cartoons. Doesn't bane speak several languages fluently.

Is it confirmed or anything if Bane comes from the Caribbean in Nolan's world? That would be kind of goofy imo. I thought he'd come from the whole Himalayan area like Ra's.

No, he is jumping backwards AND spinning. The reason a superman punch is effective is because forward momentum. What Bane is doing would have less force than a open handed slap from someone with their feet grounded.

Watch it again. He's moving forward with the punch to counter Bats' over hand right. Like I said it is an exaggerated version of it.

bud

untitled-1i9zsj.gif
the only way this would make sense is if they're punching jgl together. that has got to be a major plot point. if that's not it, then they're just trying punch the floor. or something. either way, that looks weird.

bluemax

Banned
On the one hand it looks like a really good film.

On the other, if he wasn't wearing a Batman costume and this could've been called something else and I wouldn't have blinked an eye.

shira

the only way this would make sense is if they're punching jgl together. that has got to be a major plot point. if that's not it, then they're just trying punch the floor. or something. either way, that looks weird.
prolly is JGL batman at this point

Wiggum2007

Is it confirmed or anything if Bane comes from the Caribbean in Nolan's world? That would be kind of goofy imo. I thought he'd come from the whole Himalayan area like Ra's.

I think a recent interview mentioned his accent was supposed to sound a bit Caribbean or something

DMczaf

Anyone else wondering about the spinning inmate in the orange suit? What's going on there..?

Selina is walking to her cell, inmates are hitting on her, she offers her hand and does the cartwheel move to break his arm/wrist, I don't know which. I just know something is broken.

Hey and you know what else, judging only from the trailers and recent footage Bane is probably the baddest baddie with a respirator. Now he'll have to be topped. Sorry Darth Vader. :p

Nesotenso

I don't remember the first two movies having outstanding fight choreography either. Slowed down most fights will look stupid.

So it seems pretty obvious to me that (potential big spoiler)
Bruce is in a wheelchair at 0:12. He seems to roll back and then rotate, and if you look at the window and bookshelf behind him he's looking rather short.
Anyone else? Hope this hasn't been discussed already.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Bruce is in a wheelchair at 0:12. He seems to roll back and then rotate, and if you look at the window and bookshelf behind him he's looking rather short.

So basically
Bane breaks Batman's back. JGL takes over for Bale and becomes the next Batman/Azrael/Nightwing/Robin.

shira

no, but i can believe it. It is also makes sense it is JGL Batman in the final shot of the trailer.

On the one hand it looks like a really good film.

On the other, if he wasn't wearing a Batman costume and this could've been called something else and I wouldn't have blinked an eye.

Exactly. The dark knight didn`t do it for me because of the lack of gotham city/batman atmosphere. Begins was much better in this regard and i hoped the third one would bring that feeling back.

Judging by the trailer... it won`t be back. Batman movies need to have that special atmosphere but Nolan just doesn`t get it. I´m glad that Nolan is out after this one.

Yes, if so it really redeems the trailer for astute fans and kinda leads into who Banes identity is and how Liam fits in. All while appearing kinda dull for casuals

not seeing it. those are 100% bales lips.

I do like the idea of someone else taking up the mantle tho. Wayne emulating the Ras legacy. It would really make sense then the Bats vs teeth symbols they're painting

Talon

Exactly. The dark knight didn`t do it for me because of the lack of gotham city/batman atmosphere. Begins was much better in this regard and i hoped the third one would bring that feeling back.

Judging by the trailer... it won`t be back. Batman movies need to have that special atmosphere but Nolan just doesn`t get it. I´m glad that Nolan is out after this one.
Yes. It'll be great when some hack like Snyder gets his grubby hands on Batman.

I like Batman Begins better as a cohesive film, but TDKR was great. A great crime piece in the guise of a superhero film. One thing you can say about TDKR is that it's imminently watchable at any point. You can catch it 3/4 of the way through on HBO, and you can sit through it.

Red

Nolan made TDK more grounded and universal by dumping "old Gotham." it became less about the place and more about the people. I get why some Batman fans would not like that, but I thought it was a great choice.

Gonna be hard to top Nolan without imitating him.

On Gotham's look, I like the Dark Knight portrayal much more because it fit more. Because it's Batman in reality. And I'm glad that the first one is sorta rationalized because it's a certain end of Gotham. It was a great set, but very comic book-like. I see it as Gotham's ghetto.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Trailer was pretty good. Didn't look like it gave too much away. Wasnt amazed by it or anything but i have faith the movie will live up to the prior films.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom