• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight Rises - Trailer 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
JGL "Did they kill him?"

Kyle: "I'm not sure"

Wayne wakes up in pain.

That bit gives me chills. Its going to be a really hard wait for this.

chin looks like jgl, it's got a weird bumpy leftside. Idk. Could be wrong, I'm not nolan

A rookie cop flying Wayne-tech air crafts, man. With Wayne's throat cancer, too.

JGL "Did they kill him?"

Kyle: "I'm not sure"

Wayne wakes up in pain.

That bit gives me chills. Its going to be a really hard wait for this.

I think she saw him take the beating and changed her mind about being a bad girl. Man I can't wait to see that beating, either.

I have a feeling we'll all come out of it like 'yo how did they allow Nolan to do that with PG-13???'

The trailer was great, it looks like Bane kicks the living shit out of Bats.

Some crazy ass theories in this thread lol, that's definitely Bruce at the end.

I think when The Joker spilled the champagne in TDK, it was foreshadowing to this.

m2Vgv.jpg

Tookay

Besides, I don't even think Bruce gets his back broken in this movie anyway, so even if he is in a wheelchair, it doesn't mean he can't get better.

shira

Like they would nonchalantly drop a reveal like that in the back-end of a trailer.
He dropped the ending of tdk in a trailer and that panorama view of the ny sunrise bridge is probably the ending shot for tdkr. Just guessing -shrug

If I'm right it makes it an amazing nolan *wink* trailer.

Tookay

He dropped the ending of tdk in a trailer and that panorama view of the ny sunrise bridge is probably the ending shot for tdkr. Just guessing -shrug

Batman driving away on a batpod to end the movie doesn't even come close to the kinds of story implications you're suggesting.

And I sincerely doubt the NY bridge will be the final shot either. This movie either ends with him dead or retired.

Bane looks like such an incredible villain. That was one of my biggest concerns of the film, but it looks like he is going to be genuinely badass and effective and causing destruction.

"I'm Gotham's reckoning"

250 years from now Nolan's Batman universe is still going to be considered one of the best movie trilogies ever

Even Catwoman looks awesome, and I originally hated the idea of having her unnecessarily steal screen time from Bats

I re-watched Dark Knight last night (only the second time I've seen it) and some of the fighting really stood out as bad to me. I love the movie but Batman making all those giant overswings and movements just made me laugh.

shira

Batman driving away on a batpod to end the movie doesn't even come close to the kinds of story implications you're suggesting.

And I sincerely doubt the NY bridge will be the final shot either.
Well I think it would make a fine final scene.

Ovid

Trailer looks aight. Nothing special, same 'ol Dark Knight shit. Let's just say I'm not going out of my way to see it.

Speevy

Banned
Batman spends the last half of the movie in a wheelchair rooting the other characters on.

Do you realize what that would do to this film's box office?

bluemax

Banned
Yes. It'll be great when some hack like Snyder gets his grubby hands on Batman.

I like Batman Begins better as a cohesive film, but TDKR was great. A great crime piece in the guise of a superhero film. One thing you can say about TDKR is that it's imminently watchable at any point. You can catch it 3/4 of the way through on HBO, and you can sit through it.

I haven't been able to rewatch it at all. The beginning portion of the film is so slow and dull and the shit in China makes no sense.

Platy

Batman spends the last half of the movie in a wheelchair rooting the other characters on.

Do you realize what that would do to this film's box office?

A batman movie without batman for the half of it ?

...i don't know ... how good was Begins in the box office ?

bluemax

Banned
This thread has turned into screenwriting version of Deviant Art.

SOMEONE HAS A DISSENTING OPINION ABOUT OUR GOLDEN GOD! OH NO! WE MUST SHAME AND FLAY THEM!

I'm not saying Nolan is a bad writer, or director. His movies are great piece of technical work.

They're just terrible at depicting the Batman.

Speevy

Banned
something about this movie doesn't seem all that exciting to me.

I can't really put my finger on it.

Half the trailer is a funeral for people who Bane either killed or injured, and the other half is a rather half-hearted attempt to rally the troops to a soundtrack which doesn't really parallel the (lack of) excitement of what you're seeing on screen.

DMczaf

SOMEONE HAS A DISSENTING OPINION ABOUT OUR GOLDEN GOD! OH NO! WE MUST SHAME AND FLAY THEM!

I'm not saying Nolan is a bad writer, or director. His movies are great piece of technical work.

My post was directed toward people's ideas for JGL.

No need to have a Madden sized meltdown here.

Tookay

But in what way? When you present comments like "terrible at depicting Batman" and the "stuff in China makes no sense" and then don't follow it up with any rationale, it kinda makes it hard to see where you're coming from.

... I'm genuinely interested. I like TDK a lot, but I think the opening 20 minutes or so are very awkward, stilted setup. It doesn't really get going until China or so for me.

bluemax

Banned
My post was directed toward people's ideas for JGL.

No need to have a Madden sized meltdown here.

Meh.

But in what way? When you present comments like "terrible at depicting Batman" and the "stuff in China makes no sense" and then don't follow it up with any rationale, it kinda makes it hard to see where you're coming from.

... I'm genuinely interested. I like TDK a lot, but I think the opening 20 minutes or so are very awkward, stilted setup. It doesn't really get going until China or so for me.

I dunno, the movies themselves are very cerebral but Batman doesn't feel cerebral as a character. The one action scene that I thought kind of caught the essence of Batman was the dock scene where he's being very Predator like.

I guess the fact that the rest of the action sequences just feel really poorly shot and not very reflective of how I'd expect Batman to handle the situations really hampers the films for me. I basically think everything is good about the movies but the actual Batman parts.

shira

Why do I have a feeling that's in the new Batcave? That structure just seems like some sort of underground support system and there's clearly water falling in some places.
Is the white guy just a bane henchman. I remember all the hubbub about him in the teaser

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a sewer system. The quick shot of ghost face batman(the muzzle flash) shows what looks like a sewer tunnel.
Yeah, that's my other guess. Good catch with the muzzle flash scene, I didn't connect them. I just don't expect the new Batcave to look like the traditional Batcave we all know from the comics/cartoons/previous movies. Since they had to have actual workers build it when they rebuilt Wayne Manor, I would guess Bruce would make it appear as if they're just making a more solid support system then he'd come back in later and dress it up, but not to the extend of adding bat logos everywhere or 100 computer screens.

Also, if it IS the Batcave, then that whole scene could just be Bane and his men ambushing Bruce at his home base and beating him down. I guess we'll find out in July.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm kind of doubting this will beat Avengers at box office. Worldwide hitting 500 milli by Sunday possibly? GOD DAMN.

Tookay

I dunno, the movies themselves are very cerebral but Batman doesn't feel cerebral as a character. The one action scene that I thought kind of caught the essence of Batman was the dock scene where he's being very Predator like.

I guess the fact that the rest of the action sequences just feel really poorly shot and not very reflective of how I'd expect Batman to handle the situations really hampers the films for me. I basically think everything is good about the movies but the actual Batman parts.

I agree the action is poorly staged. It should be a grievous sin in an action movie, but it doesn't bother me too much.

I disagree about Batman's characterization. They've gotten more into his head than a lot of superheroes.

But if we're talking about as compared to the comics, then yeah he's pretty different in some ways. He's gotten more extreme and "out there" in the comics than in these movies.

Imm0rt4l

well if Bruce is in a wheelchair @ 0:12 explain how he's fighting bane. If you got a better theory

Too hard to say whether he is in a wheelchair there.

There was a reflection in the other trailer that appeared to be him with the assistance of a cane however, so it's very possible that he is in a wheel chair there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom