• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dirt Behind Street Fighter: The Movie

Zep

Banned
Speaking of Street Fighter...Where can I listen to music from the EX series? They had some good tracks.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
The home version was basically what... Super Turbo with each character gaining an enhanced move or two with a full meter right(trying to remember)? We had great fun with that thing.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
yeah, that had EX versions of their specials. And each player had one super I think.

jenov4

Good reading there. I still haven't finished going through, but this was interesting:

I previously mentioned that Time Killers may have had a role in securing the SFTM deal for I.T. This is just word of mouth, but apparently when Time Killers made its debut at one of the coin op shows, the guys from Capcom were reported to be impressed with the technical execution and crowded around it, taking notes and trying to figure out how it was built.

As time wore on, it became apparent to me that this would not come to pass. I am trying to write my account of that time in an entertaining tone to keep the text interesting, but the truth is that the end result of the SFTM project was a grave personal tragedy for me. Nobody loved Street Fighter more than me, and there I was: partly responsible for one of the most reviled games in history. I'm not proud of the game by any means, and the wasted opportunity truly does haunt me to this day.

Hehehe

Grifter

I'd totally forgotten that Incredible Technologies did SF:TM. They also put out Time Killers, Bloodstorm, and Golden Tee.

jarrod

Banned
IT only developed the arcade release... the console versions (based off SSF2X) were done inhouse at Capcom Japan.

Grok4Spock

Very interesting read... Takes me back to the memories of that horrid game play and stiff character animation. I wish a lot more of Alan Noon's ideas got implemented, but such is the life of a time-constrained movie tie-in...

Grifter

Just read his posts, what's wish Japanese companies pouring resources into US productions but withholding access to key intel? In this case, CoJ not handing off control algorithms. Also see: countless Sega clusterf***s.

Tho I'm glad that Capcom nixed his vision of Sheng Long and his scaly claw hands. That's Bloodstorm material right there.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
jarrod said:
IT only developed the arcade release... the console versions (based off SSF2X) were done inhouse at Capcom Japan.

whoa, so they were totally different? Never played the arcade version, only the Saturn one.

Top Bottom