• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 1.8 - Trailer - Map Extension, new PVE (Resistance) and PVP (Skirmish)

Survival WAS awesome. Then they turned it into an almost impossible mission. Less loot, tons more enemies and you yourself seemed to be made of marshmallow.

I think that it was 1.6 that they fucked it.

Nah I played it past weekend and it was fine. The sickness gets worse slower now, meds last more time.

The real problem is... you spend two hours playing it. stock up on Survival caches... for a 1% CHANCE of getting a classified item. That makes no fucking sense.

120v

really wanted to get back into this... just said fuck it and started a new character. kind of nibbled away at the main campaign for a few months. have yet to see what the population is like, i don't expect much but i have a feeling it's not a graveyard either (seems to be about five other players at every safehouse i get to)

repetitive as it can be i still enjoy the gameplay in a "diablo with guns" kind of way. and it really is a sight to behold with a 1080 ti

really wanted to get back into this... just said fuck it and started a new character. kind of nibbled away at the main campaign for a few months. have yet to see what the population is like, i don't expect much but i have a feeling it's not a graveyard either (seems to be about five other players at every safehouse i get to)

repetitive as it can be i still enjoy the gameplay in a "diablo with guns" kind of way. and it really is a sight to behold with a 1080 ti
The community at level 30 world tier 5 is really strong still. I never seem to wait more than 20 seconds for a game of whatever I'm looking for. Getting to that point, though, far less sure.

Base game has a ton of content, including recent additions from the free update 1.7 and this one coming 1.8. If you're starting fresh, there's tons of story missions, named enemies roaming the map, the high value targets (daily and weekly refreshes), the monthly global events, the dark zone (pve with risk of pvp) and coming soon the horde mode and the skirmish mode (pvp). It's A LOT of game for $10. My suggestion would be to not be worried with chasing gear/crafting/recalibrating gear until you hit level 30 and world tier 5 with full 256 scored gear.

Thank you for the information. I downloaded the 5 hour trial on xbox one and enjoyed it last month. Looks like I'll get the disc at Gamestop and have fun with the game!

Edit: I was asking because I wasn't sure if it was like Destiny where all the early game stuff was made obsolete and boring when new expansions came out.

Leyasu

Banned
Truthfully, I haven't played that mode since 1.6 dropped. It was a great mode previously. Truthfully, I always thought the NPCs in the DZ, the Elites and named bosses, were just a bit too powerful to really feel that risk/reward of going after them or sneaking by them before having a really perfect loadout of crafted weapons and skills, but I still had a blast with it. If it's tipped more towards even harder...not sure I'd want to jump back in.

Before 1.6, I would have to really do something stupid to not reach the dz. Afterwards, I have not lasted long at all, and the streets were crawling with npcs

I'm an hardcore player of TD, a supporter, loyal early adopter and beta player.

But i'm sick of it. Let's face the truth: the game is awesome, has a spectacular ambient and setting, it really kicks in immediatly, you fall in love with it.

But god, the devs are totally uncapable to tame their beast.

1.0 was good, at least it had really nothing end game, was bland, but put the roots of something that could have been great.

1.1, 1.2 were great, but first problem arised: Bulletking knows this well. Tac meta. Unkillable players due to exploits.

1.3 well, most of the exploits fixed, game balanced, but for the first hours. The day after it was a mess: new god-mode metas, glitches, bullet spongy enemies with 1.5million HP, bugs, crashes.

1.4 was, probably, the best patch ever, even with AB dominance. It was ok, good content added, it kept people playing.

1.5, 1.6 a total disaster. Invisible glitch, D3 meta, SMG meta, crashes, bugs, DZ wall hack and "safe" shooting places, glitched zones. Don't get me wrong, the additions of Loadouts and other things (that you know well) were great...but still.
Oh we saw a DZ expansion and contamination as well, Last Stand and such.

1.7, all the hype. Exotics, Vanity, Classified caches and gear sets, commendations, all good. Then, RPM, STAMINA and ELECTRONICS glitch, that everyone abuse. DZ is impossible to play without getting a nervous wreck.
Last stand is a joke.
Survival has been left out in the cold, snowy Manhattan without any update or addiction (new DZ area is not even there, no modifications, SUCH A SHAME).
Underground after level 40 is pointless, if not for farming, which has drop rates (i think) even lower than other activites.
Commendations are fun, really. It made me, and my squad, play again some missions we loved. But then we asked ourselves: after we got our desidered piece of gear, then what? It's all the same PLUS is hacked and glitched to hell and back.

Massive, Redstorm, Ubi: GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER. Seriously. This isn't anymore fun, not even meme-worthy.

My hype for new contenti is zero, maybe less. I simply cannot put my trust in them anymore. Sorry for the rant, that comes from a 800+hrs played (which is not even that great, we got people with 1500hrs in team).

Top Bottom