• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division 2 BETA [performance thread]

Switching to DX12 on my Vega 56 + Ryzen 2600 improved the fps and frame times a lot. I could even increase settings to ultra preset and it never goes below my freesync limit of 70 @ 1440p. Even while running around in the city.

4.8 Ghz i5-7600k and 2080 OC by about 150 mhz and I'm still getting drops below 60fps at 1440p not even full ultra. So either this game is favoring AMD hugely or this is BS. DX12 made my framerate lower, not higher.

DX12 gave me a 15 - 20 fps boost. And unlike in the closed beta so far i had no crashes.

Can' wait to play the full game. I'm confident massive will deliver.

DeeBatch

Radeon Vii I get rock solid 60fps on high settings @ 4k I get avg of 50fps @ 4K ultra . This play very well on AMD gpus. I get 60fps indoors quite a bit odd drops to 45. perhaps with day one drivers Radeon VII will be @ or close to 60fps @ ultra 4k.

waylo

Banned
4790k @ 4.5ghz, 16GB of RAM, and a 2060 with 120mhz on the core and 500mhz on the memory, and at 1440p with a mix of mostly high and a few medium settings, the game stays over 60 FPS for the most part. A few occasions will it drop to 50 or so, but it's not very often. I've swapped between DX11 and DX12 and have not noticed a huge difference either way.

That being said, the one thing I do have issue with is the audio bugs. TONS of things flat out don't have sound, or stuff is randomly muffled. The audio being so buggy really makes it hard to determine where you're being attacked from a lot of the time. All of my friends have the same issues too. Audio was not this bad in the private beta. Really hoping this stuff gets fixed for release.

Meccs

4.8 Ghz i5-7600k and 2080 OC by about 150 mhz and I'm still getting drops below 60fps at 1440p not even full ultra. So either this game is favoring AMD hugely or this is BS. DX12 made my framerate lower, not higher.
This isn't BS. I would go with the game favoring AMD since they even show the logo when you start the game. I did play an hour or so yesterday and this game just runs fantastic.

Stuart360

Performence was about the same for me, as the private beta, 1080p/60 with a mixture of Ultra and high settings on a 980ti powered PC.
I did notice a little bit of stutter every now and then, only lasts like about half a second or so. Its kind of like when the game is loading or streaming something in the background. I am running on a SSD as well. its not game breaking or anything, but i wasnt getting that in the Private beta.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
the game runs fine. i'm running 1440p 60fps.

the only setting i've turned down is cinematic volumetric fog which seems to hit hard. overall feels much smoother than the private beta.

scalman

Anyone playing it with 8gb ram? Could it be im getting lags after some time because ram? Task manager showing 84% ram usage while in game. Or it something else?

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I'm running Ryzen 1600, 16GB DDR4, GTX 1060 6GB, SSD:

1080p, DX11, v-sync disabled, unlocked framerate. White House lawn 1-min heavy firefight benchmark in FRAPS...

Medium Preset: 63fps Avg | 48fps Min
High Preset: 51fps Avg | 39 Min

I don't have a way to run a benchmark in DX12, but it was 10-15% faster than DX11 mode from looking at the Uplay overlay frame counter. I'd say you could get a good mix of Medium/High settings and still pull a decent 1080p/60fps experience on a setup like mine, especially since I have still have a little OC headroom on the GPU and CPU.

I tested the RX 480 8GB as well and it was slower in DX11 mode, and I ran out of time before I could check DX12. I'm going to re-install the graphics driver and run more tests on it tomorrow when the game is back up. I expected it to be faster.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Anyone playing it with 8gb ram? Could it be im getting lags after some time because ram? Task manager showing 84% ram usage while in game. Or it something else?
8GB is not enough for this game so you're definitely being held back. 16GB is minimum. I have 32GB and will use about 14GB. My GPU's VRAM is also gone. It uses 7 out 8GB.

Stuart360

8GB is not enough for this game so you're definitely being held back. 16GB is minimum. I have 32GB and will use about 14GB. My GPU's VRAM is also gone. It uses 7 out 8GB.
What resolution you playing at?. I'm playing at 1080p and the game is hovering around 3.5gb vram usage on my 980ti.

Meccs

What resolution you playing at?. I'm playing at 1080p and the game is hovering around 3.5gb vram usage on my 980ti.
For me at 1440p Afterburner overlay says I am using around 12GB of my 16GB RAM. VRAM is also close to 7GB.

Stuart360

For me at 1440p Afterburner overlay says I am using around 12GB of my 16GB RAM. VRAM is also close to 7GB.
I know games tend to use a bit more Ram and Vram, if you have it available, but thats quite a jump in Vram from 1080p to 1440p.

scalman

playing on 1080p and my ram usage from game is about same too about 3.7Gb but my whole ram usage kinda high 87% game runs fine when i start it for couple hrs and later it starts lag like freezing then continue its starts to hard control , it doesnt look like low fps lag as of other games but some other freezing all over ... lowered couple settings like shadows and lighting but still same.
if another 8gb ram would help i would add it ... but not sure would it ? my win 10 is on SSD some slower one and game is on hdd , is that could make problems like loading and stuff ?
my gtx 1060 is 6gb version didint checked how much VRAM used there.

Last edited:

Stuart360

playing on 1080p and my ram usage from game is about same too about 3.7Gb but my whole ram usage kinda high 87% game runs fine when i start it for couple hrs and later it starts lag like freezing then continue its starts to hard control , it doesnt look like low fps lag as of other games but some other freezing all over ... lowered couple settings like shadows and lighting but still same.
if another 8gb ram would help i would add it ... but not sure would it ? my win 10 is on SSD some slower one and game is on hdd , is that could make problems like loading and stuff ?
my gtx 1060 is 6gb version didint checked how much VRAM used there.
Another 8gb of ram will def help with games these days, many games can max out on 8gb of ram, even if the game says you only 'need' 8gb.
I have a pretty strong feeling though that you may also need to install the game on a SSD. Many new games reccomend an SSD, and Ubisoft games are some of the most demadning around in that regard.
If you could get another 8gb of ram, and install the game on a SSD, i bet most of your problems will go away.

scalman

Now i checked vram usage so it uses about 6gb vram out of 6gb . thats a lot wonder what settings use most vram there. Byt gpu itself its just 12% utilization. Cpu 33% but memory usage in all is 6.5gb from 8gb so i duno what its maxing here. Still some ram is left and still some vram is left.

scalman

Thats my usage while game running any sugestions what might lag my game there?
LcLfvbD.jpg

Stuart360

Now i checked vram usage so it uses about 6gb vram out of 6gb . thats a lot wonder what settings use most vram there. Byt gpu itself its just 12% utilization. Cpu 33% but memory usage in all is 6.5gb from 8gb so i duno what its maxing here. Still some ram is left and still some vram is left.
The ram wahts left is being used by the os and background stuff though. I have had the same thing happen on my old PC that only had 8gb of ram. If i played a game and ram usage went upto 7gb (according to Afterburner), games would suddenly start hitching and stuttering.

bati

I saw some performance tests from closed beta and the game was spiking to 9gb ram and 7gb vram usage.

I think Massive completely abandoned optimization this time because the game certainly does not look good enough to justify hose numbers.

scalman

duno where is not looks good ? its looks amazing how much stuff its in streets. its nothing else out there to compare to this scale of city streets.

bati

duno where is not looks good ? its looks amazing how much stuff its in streets. its nothing else out there to compare to this scale of city streets.

Ubisoft made other games with even more densely populated cities and the requirements were never that high.

twdnewh_k

I7 6700K, GTX 980 and 32Gb RAM and I get a minimum of 50 FPS in any situation at 1080p (full ultra except for the shadow on high)
Are you sure about that? Thats a pretty big change from the first game. I had your same setup except 16gb RAM and Division 1 ran really poorly on ultra. I remember having to lower many settings and turn options off to be able to maintain 60+ and even then i had drop to 30-40 in intense fights.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Are you sure about that? Thats a pretty big change from the first game. I had your same setup except 16gb RAM and Division 1 ran really poorly on ultra. I remember having to lower many settings and turn options off to be able to maintain 60+ and even then i had drop to 30-40 in intense fights.

Yep i'm sure, and the latest beta run even better, you should have give it a try since it was free. I haven't tried Division 1 for a wile but i don't remember he was running so badly after all those patch

scalman

After i put 16gb ram i could ultra all stuff even shadows and no more stutters for me. Duno fps but it was not laging and didint felt any too slow feeling or that it would mess with my aiming so im fine with that performance there. But wont use full shadows maybe just full fog and particles to make it look best it can. If full game will perform as that im more then happy.

Stuart360

After i put 16gb ram i could ultra all stuff even shadows and no more stutters for me. Duno fps but it was not laging and didint felt any too slow feeling or that it would mess with my aiming so im fine with that performance there. But wont use full shadows maybe just full fog and particles to make it look best it can. If full game will perform as that im more then happy.
Glad it worked for you. Installing on a SSD will help new games in the future as well

scalman

Densely populated is not same for me as all that garbage, empty cans flying paper on streets all that dirty water full of stuff . i mean just roam some streets and look how much there different stuff, not just same material thats repeating. AC looks very good too or far cry last 2 games but they not small narrow streets type games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom