• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

the three wings of the Base have 10 upgrades each and each one has specific skills, perks, etc tied to them

each skill also has 3 different mods to pick from (and 1 master mod that is passive)...you can switch the skills and mods on the fly whenever you want to suit the situation and you don't have to pick just one type of skill

levels have nothing to do with skills.

all players will eventually have all skills/all perks and all talents

skills and perks and such are exclusively linked to your base of operations

???

That may be true (I wouldn't know) but wouldn't you need the skill points gained from leveling up to unluck the skills and the eventual upgrades for each skill?

If it's the way I think then yeah you have unlocked all the base skills but not enough skill points to unlock it all.

???

That may be true (I wouldn't know) but wouldn't you need the skill points gained from leveling up to unluck the skills and the eventual upgrades for each skill?

If it's the way I think then yeah you have unlocked all the base skills but not enough skill points to unlock it all.

levels don't give skill points...that's not how it works

each wing (Tech, Medical, Security) has to be upgraded using "supplies"...each one has specific supplies (you guessed it...Tech, Medical, Security) and the upgrades require a certain amount to unlock that upgrade

levels don't give skill points...that's not how it works

each wing (Tech, Medical, Security) has to be upgraded using "supplies"...each one has specific supplies (you guessed it...Tech, Medical, Security) and the upgrades require a certain amount to unlock that upgrade

Ok.. cool. No sweat off my back. Lol.. So what's the benefit of actually leveling up? Just an increases your stats and opens up higher level weapons to you?

Tovarisc

Well then, in beta server that you were connected to in e.g. DZ "shared" IP addresses of all connected clients [read: players] to all other clients. Meaning you could see IP's of 23 other players PC's and they could see yours among 22 others. What Massive has been thinking with this, what reason they have to make server share client IP's to all connected clients?

Watch; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xnY5lAnCoM

Klyka

Banned
Well then, in beta server that you were connected to in e.g. DZ "shared" IP addresses of all connected clients [read: players] to all other clients. Meaning you could see IP's of 23 other players PC's and they could see yours among 22 others. What Massive has been thinking with this, what reason they have to make server share client IP's to all connected clients?

it's the same thing that Rainbow Six Siege does.

It's the VOIP.

It's why people can DDOS in Siege ranked.

finalflame

Doesn't this just mean there is some kind of p2p connectivity involved? It's possible the game uses some mix of server-based and p2p network connection for multiplayer in the dark zone. The game isn't broadcasting anything, so much as it's connecting directly with other players' clients.

Tovarisc

it's the same thing that Rainbow Six Siege does.

It's the VOIP.

It's why people can DDOS in Siege ranked.

Someone with actual knowledge about how solutions like in-game VOIP are build would be appreciated with answer to this, but I imagine there has to be more secure ways of making them than broadcasting client IP's to every client?

Tecnniqe

Banned

Yeah it's the VoIP thing, question is, is it hidden of VoIP is turned off on your end?

Also why not broadcast voice to a server and then to the players, surely a better way of doing things.

Josh378

You think we can convert this thread to the full game thread? Im mean this thread is already in place with detailed info.

TheYanger

I just hope that we're able to actually build a certain type of character, as opposed to every character eventually being a Bethesda protagonist who's god almighty at all skills and perks.

Game doesn't work that way, everyone will have access to everything but you've still got to pick 2 skills with 1 perk out of a much larger pool, and your stats play a very important part in what skills you want to emphasize/what type of character you want to play, so you'll have different gear loadouts you'd want for different builds.

deoee

29 more days... just 29 more

giphy.gif

Archpath1

This is more gear centric
Get the gear that benefits your play style
Get health buff gear to be tanky then get select skills and such that improve that more

No idea how honourable I want to be in the Dark Zone

Flitting between being an absolute twat and being a guardian angel.

Will see how it goes.

Beta players, be honest here. How many of you fucked over a random for the loot, and how did you do it/what did you get?

You have no idea at all what loot players are carrying in their pack, right?

deoee

Will see how it goes.

Beta players, be honest here. How many of you fucked over a random for the loot, and how did you do it/what did you get?

Fucked them up like 3 times, there was tons of loot but my backpack was full, had 15 seconds to extract and had to leave so much stuff behind it hurt :|

Yeah it's the VoIP thing, question is, is it hidden of VoIP is turned off on your end?

Also why not broadcast voice to a server and then to the players, surely a better way of doing things.
I think it is a way to conserve bandwith on their side. I am curious to see some postmortem about their backend. There is some awesome cloud usage being done in this game to host all Dark Zone instances.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Will see how it goes.

At start I only killed rogues, but as time went on there was very little to do outside of killing everyone :p

Spent hours killing the same guys over and over again making them super salty just to abuse the hell out of the beta OoB

Kane1345

I made it my mission to go after rogues so I didn't screw anyone over, and no, you have no idea what someone else is carrying.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I think it is a way to conserve bandwith on their side. I am curious to see some postmortem about their backend. There is some awesome cloud usage being done in this game to host all Dark Zone instances.
Yes it is. But I would still like to see there being a way they hide your IP. Having it force display could be pretty serious against skiddies who have no sense of the law and basic human decency.

Bunch of games have done this in the past, and it always ends in someone being DDOSed.

only stalked a couple solo players around extraction points. Also played mainly solo though. Didn't care about the loot they were carrying really, just wanted some thrills and see if i could take a player out and survive to tell the tale :D

Flashbang + Radar ping buff + shotgun was a wonderful combo to kill a single player before they could react to anything.

bluehat9

How much is the season pass after launch? 50 bucks? Didn't play the beta but my friend did abd can't stop talking about it, :lol so I was watching videos and looking at regular edition for day one.

gatti-man

Will see how it goes.

I ganked people often. Best move is the evac chopper has spots for 4 peoples gear. Get your group of 4 to load the chopper before anyone else then as soon as your gear is on its gank time! Easy to time and usually easy to pull off. Then run to a different evac point. Get your new loot out. Lots of blue cosmetics is usually what I'd get.

deoee

How much is the season pass after launch? 50 bucks? Didn't play the beta but my friend did abd can't stop talking about it, :lol so I was watching videos and looking at regular edition for day one.

I paid 38€ for the Gold edition :]

bought it from my relatives in Brazil.

Season Pass solo has no price yet (I can't find it) but I guess it will be 25 - 30€

40-50$. But do wait until some content for it is released, there really is not much incentive to preorder that edition.

Sassen

Will see how it goes.

Towards the end I was just being mean. Would kill and deconstruct all items so they couldn't be recovered. <_<

Helznicht

Towards the end I was just being mean. Would kill and deconstruct all items so they couldn't be recovered. <_<

Never tried that, so you could deconstruct contaminated gear in the DZ? They should fix that, all you should be able to do with contaminated gear is extract it, IMO.

Sassen

Never tried that, so you could deconstruct contaminated gear in the DZ? They should fix that, all you should be able to do with contaminated gear is extract it, IMO.

Yea, at first I did it to make space once my pack was full and happened upon some better gear. Then at some point I became evil, lol.

Deconstructing gave no materials though and was useful for making space if you'd collected too much and found something better

Helznicht

Some of those seem only good as quick temp uses. And since you can switch them up on the fly, it just becomes a tiresome menu exercise.

Such as: Advanced Weaponry – Makes advanced weapons available for purchase to the player at the weapons vendor located in the Security Wing.

Well I don't need that perk out in the field, so when back at my BoO, I have to go into my perks, turn this on, check for anything good, go back into perks menu, switch it out, then back out into the city. There are others like Stat Switch, Division Tech Materials and Clothes Vendor.

I hope they realize this and make these perks passive and just on by default, to streamline gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom