• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Some of those seem only good as quick temp uses. And since you can switch them up on the fly, it just becomes a tiresome menu exercise.

Such as: Advanced Weaponry – Makes advanced weapons available for purchase to the player at the weapons vendor located in the Security Wing.

Well I don't need that perk out in the field, so when back at my BoO, I have to go into my perks, turn this on, check for anything good, go back into perks menu, switch it out, then back out into the city. There are others like Stat Switch, Division Tech Materials and Clothes Vendor.

I hope they realize this and make these perks passive and just on by default, to streamline gameplay.

Perks are passive. Once you unlock them, they're active permanently.

Helznicht

I thought so, but the link stated:

The Division Perks
In The Division there are currently 40 different perks that players can choose from.

Made me rethink and couldn't be for sure.

Some of those seem only good as quick temp uses. And since you can switch them up on the fly, it just becomes a tiresome menu exercise.

Such as: Advanced Weaponry – Makes advanced weapons available for purchase to the player at the weapons vendor located in the Security Wing.

Well I don't need that perk out in the field, so when back at my BoO, I have to go into my perks, turn this on, check for anything good, go back into perks menu, switch it out, then back out into the city. There are others like Stat Switch, Division Tech Materials and Clothes Vendor.

I hope they realize this and make these perks passive and just on by default, to streamline gameplay.

Wait - I didn't think perks worked this way?

Aren't they locked (once unlocked)?

Confused.

I thought the perks you get from Base upgrading were already passive? To get them you just purchase that specific upgrade to the wing of the Base. For Experienced Agent you'd just buy the Situation Room upgrade and for Advanced Weaponry you'd just by the Armory upgrade. No turning them off or on.

I thought the perks you get from Base upgrading were already passive? To get them you just purchase that specific upgrade to the wing of the Base. For Experienced Agent you'd just buy the Situation Room upgrade and for Advanced Weaponry you'd just by the Armory upgrade. No turning them off or on.

I've just read 5 or so websites that are not specific but all point to that conclusion. Otherwise it would be mad.

Raide

As much as I am going to initially focus on being a medic, I think this is going to be my first upgrade. Ten percent is ten percent.

I wonder how quick you can get the Situation Room up and running? I am guessing something that useful probably won't be right off. Unless there is a way to rush the unlock and then enjoy 10% XP for everything else.

I wonder how quick you can get the Situation Room up and running? I am guessing something that useful probably won't be right off. Unless there is a way to rush the unlock and then enjoy 10% XP for everything else.

AFAIK the only requirement for unlocking upgrades is having the right amount of supplies to unlock it...so if you get the right amount of Security supplies you should be able to unlock it whenever you want

Raide

AFAIK the only requirement for unlocking upgrades is having the right amount of supplies to unlock it...so if you get the right amount of Security supplies you should be able to unlock it whenever you want

Won't some of them be linked to missions? I guess that's the main way to get supplies and its up to you how to spend it right? I am guessing you have to do Medic missions to get Medic supplies?

Kyoufu

Right, so basically open your map and look for missions/activities that give Security Wing supplies and you're golden.

Won't some of them be linked to missions? I guess that's the main way to get supplies and its up to you how to spend it right? I am guessing you have to do Medic missions to get Medic supplies?

Correct...and the different Encounters have supply rewards too so that's another way of getting them

Raide

Kinda hoping they flesh out the skills as the game progresses. Was hoping for a little more interest in the abilities. A little down on the Tech Turret abilities. Any idea if we can stick Turrets to walls?

Correct...and the different Encounters have supply rewards too so that's another way of getting them

S I guess I will prioritise Medic stuff because I want to be the King Medic.

bjaelke

Can I still join the beta? Is it still going on? It's not quite clear to me even after reading the OP.

Closed beta ended a couple of weeks agolast week(?!). There are rumors of an open beta later this month, but nothing official at this point.

Tecnniqe

Banned
There are rumors of an open beta later this month, but nothing official at this point.
13602919.gif

considering it's about a week before that Open Beta was rumored to start and there's still nothing actually official from Ubisoft or Massive about it I'm just gonna go with it not happening...would love to be wrong but not getting my hopes up

I thought so, but the link stated:

The Division Perks
In The Division there are currently 40 different perks that players can choose from.

Made me rethink and couldn't be for sure.

Yeah that's just silly marketing talk. Meaning you choose the order of missions to complete to get them.

tioslash

considering it's about a week before that Open Beta was rumored to start and there's still nothing actually official from Ubisoft or Massive about it I'm just gonna go with it not happening...would love to be wrong but not getting my hopes up

Well, my Division Beta just disappeared from my Uplay account, so maybe this means they are preparing things for a new open beta client. :D

Nah, I agree with you and think it won´t happen. But March 8th isn´t that far anyways.

Well, my Division Beta just disappeared from my Uplay account, so maybe this means they are preparing things for a new open beta client. :D

Nah, I agree with you and think it won´t happen. But March 8th isn´t that far anyways.

yeah...my Beta has disappeared too...weird

my R6 Siege and The Crew Wild Run Betas are still on my account (I hid them since they are expired though)

Tecnniqe

Banned

That it is, beta's usually show up as "Expired" on uPlay, but this is completely removed.

kriskrosbbk

Some people complained that the Dark Zone felt empty in the beta.Also those people should be happy because Massive obviously disabled some of the NPC gangs and those will be enabled in the final version. I dont know how to feel about that though ,empty NY was really creepy and kinda liked it that way.I just dont want GTA density of NPCs,ok. I dont care about that out of the Dark Zone ,but inside keep the NPCs to minimum please.

Raide

Genuinely the first Ubi game in years I have been legitimately excited about. For years they have hyped up the world and not managed to hit. Really interested to see how much love they pour into The Division or will they quickly forget it if it does not reach their expectations.

mosdl

Genuinely the first Ubi game in years I have been legitimately excited about. For years they have hyped up the world and not managed to hit. Really interested to see how much love they pour into The Division or will they quickly forget it if it does not reach their expectations.

If the rumor is true that there is no mainline AC game this year, I expect them to pour a lot of effort into Division.

Tecnniqe

Banned
They never felt like bullet sponges to me on "normal" difficulty.

Never did to me either, just taking a shot at those who do, for some weird reason.

This footage clearly proves them wrong, as most kills are body shots and they barely take any bullets at all. 1-2 sec TTK.

ViciousDS

Banned
some hype stats comparison between destiny and the division

Mind you The Division is on 3 platforms all current gen (PC doesn't really have a gen but counts towards the gen at which the game currently comes out on.)

Destiny had 4 (Two current and 2 old, not sure what the spread was but I know last gen Destiny was definitely not as big or was 100% ignored marketing wise.)

Destiny's Beta thread only lasted 10 days and was locked (there was a second one....but I think there were two beta periods before launch...not including the alpha test on the PS4.)

it had

Destiny Beta - 10 days
--------------------------
20,052 replies
1,048,669 views in 10 days
2005.2 replies per day on average
104,866.9 views per day on average

Division Beta thread - 12 days and counting
----------------------------
8,239 posts as of post
495,070 views as of post
686.58 replies per/day
41,255.83 views per/day

Holy shit was destiny hyped, also think people are a little leary on Ubisoft in general, plus PC using Uplay. Still, interesting numbers......The Division has a long way to go but from current numbers it should sell still really damn well. Now all they need is an open beta and that would jack interest up as well.

BTW, I'm not even counting the second beta thread, this is based on the first one alone. If we do get an open beta and another thread I would compare it equally with the second beta.

Tovarisc

BTW, I'm not even counting the second beta thread, this is based on the first one alone. If we do get an open beta and another thread I would compare it equally with the second beta.

I imagine OT and PC Performance thread will see a lots of traffic, as I would guess that for many this is Day 2+ purchase thanks to Ubi's track history with PC ports and people being on fence about how much content there is. If content is there and PC port is good as beta or even better I can see game having some serious legs.

ViciousDS

Banned
I imagine OT and PC Performance thread will see a lots of traffic, as I would guess that for many this is Day 2+ purchase thanks to Ubi's track history with PC ports and people being on fence about how much content there is. If content is there and PC port is good as beta or even better I can see game having some serious legs.

I think that is the biggest limiting factor is fricken uplay alone. All signs point to it being great on the PC, a little CPU heavy but nothing that won't give you a great looking game at 60fps with some tweaking of the settings.

mosdl

I think that is the biggest limiting factor is fricken uplay alone. All signs point to it being great on the PC, a little CPU heavy but nothing that won't give you a great looking game at 60fps with some tweaking of the settings.

I haven't had any real issues with UPlay in a while other than its client-based grouping in Siege being clunky, but in the Division beta all that was handled in game.

They even finally implemented importing friends from Steam.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Oh man i cant wait to see the stats on PC performance thread and the OT, which really, should be called

The Division |OT| Enter the GAF-Zone
:D

ev0

Does the friend importing on Steam work well on Uplay ?
I was getting this on PS4 then I saw a couple of my friends buy it on Steam who initially weren't interested.
I would like the Steam version, but it's easier to get a cheap Uplay version bc I'm probably keeping my PS4 preorder as well. First world probs!

Tecnniqe

Banned
Does the friend importing on Steam work well on Uplay ?
I was getting this on PS4 then I saw a couple of my friends buy it on Steam who initially weren't interested.
I would like the Steam version, but it's easier to get a cheap Uplay version bc I'm probably keeping my PS4 preorder as well. First world probs!

Steam launch uPlay anyway, and there is a import Steam friends feature, i have yet to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom