• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Beta Thread: Make Manhattan Great Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
It's funny. I don't like Destiny because I don't like futuristic/alien-y shooters. But I absolutely love sci-fi movies. Figures. Heh

Edit: I also don't like Halo, Mass Effect, Too Human, etc.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I CAN'T WAIT ANYMORE AARRRGHGHHH FHGAGH HELP ME PLEASE
homer.gif

I have to wait till friday and then friday work a 13 hour shift :(
and then an 8 hour shift saturday till i finally have sunday off
shocked.gif~c200

It's funny. I don't like Destiny because I don't like futuristic/alien-y shooters. But I absolutely love sci-fi movies. Figures. Heh

Edit: I also don't like Halo, Mass Effect, Too Human, etc.
giphy.gif

I think the devs also said their matchmaking is seamless and smart enough so that if you are lvl 12 and you go south into the lvl 6 Zone,while you'll see lvl 6 npcs,you won't meet Players lower than you.

That makes sense.

My thought (hope) was that it’d be something like DZ 1 would always be on par with your bracket and then it would scale up to level 30 in DZ 6 with the area corresponding to your bracket getting bigger until the whole place was eventually level 30.

So DZ 2 was the next level of difficulty at the start but once you reached that DZ 1 and DZ 2 would become that level and so on so there weren’t areas that were incredibly easy and you never bother going back.

Not sure if that would be feasible to implement though.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Clipping is my no.1 fear actually. As far as all this, I mean.

Community manager without saying something (probably cause he can't) liked "You can definitely change outfits! Don't think there is a plastic surgeon around during a virus outbreak." in reply to my questions.

Looks like a unconfirmed no.

Edit: Someone should update OP with the correct Open Beta dates (image still from CB)

SJRB

Gold Member
In all fairness there aren't many RPGs were you CAN cange your complete appearance [aside from hairstyle], if any?

Tecnniqe

Banned
In all fairness there aren't many RPGs were you CAN cange your complete appearance [aside from hairstyle], if any?

There are not, but as long as hairstyle change is a option its good. If we have clipping issues and no way of changing hair style to avoid it, that's when it becomes a issue.

gfdoom

So I downloaded a 1.01 patch for the beta... is that it? Or there's something more?

iF you had the previous beta, that patch is an update that'll let you play the new beta releasing on the 19th. It was an update so you don't have to redownload the whole thing again.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Can in fallout.

Tbh though it's the basic cosmetic-y stuff that I expect... hair, beard, etc. Although I do appreciate access to the full CC again, like Fallout or Dragon's Dogma.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
If you noticed during CB when wandering in DZ it was two different sections. Lower part was something like levels 4-6 and upper part was levels 7-9, and NPC's within those sections were in that level bracket. For e.g. those cleaners in NW corner were level 9 elites, quite tough to take down with level 8 in twink gear. So lets say you are level 10 and you just start running to North, towards Central Park and higher level DZ sections. NPC's you start to meet will kill you by just thinking about it.

Correct. Hence my final sentence.

Shooting/Cover is like Mass Effect
Loot is like Diablo

I think of it as a mixture of Destiny and DayZ

The Beta is back in my library on the Uplay client...it's not downloading the patch though (says I need to check my connection and drive space which are fine)

I didn't mind the controls in the Mass Effect series but let's be honest here. The Division controls much better than any ME game, like it's not even close

Tecnniqe

Banned
The Beta is back in my library on the Uplay client...it's not downloading the patch though (says I need to check my connection and drive space which are fine)

Beta is queued as pre-order atm. pre-load release tomorrow.
I didn't mind the controls in the Mass Effect series but let's be honest here. The Division controls much better than any ME game, like it's not even close
Too good. Too good.

I think ME3 had legitimately good controls, 2 was servicable, 1 was atrocious.

Think when I play the beta at the weekend I'll just play enough to make sure I can get to grips with the controls and get the hat.

That's the plan anyway. Will probably end up playing it all day :p

Nokterian

The wife is going away for this weekend for one of her sister's bachelorette party, I am ready.

I hope we see some nice updates performance, PQ, and gameplay wise.

And yes, Ive actually been in withdraw, playing D3 and Marvel for my loot fix, and BF4, WoT, and AW for my shooting fix. I need that beta, just a little bit of that beta, just a hit, one hit.

Also playing D3 because season 5 but yeah i draw some stuff from D3 in The Division namely the loot but for some parts also the talent tree's and the spells you use with different mods making every player different.

Evolved1

Did they say what time fri? Is it a midnight thing?

Cause maybe thursday I will just go to bed at like 2 pm and sleep until 12. lol

Tecnniqe

Banned
You're doing the lord's work Tecnniqe.
They are as follow;

Xbox One start time: Thursday, February 18 at 9 am GMT / 4 am EST / 1 am PST
PS4 and PC start time: Friday, February 19 at noon GMT / 7 am EST / 4 am PST

(Not sure if the Xbox times are the same, but PS4 & PC should be)

M.W.

How many times did you guys replay the mission in the closed beta?

I think I completed it about 15 times, with 11 or 12 of them being on hard.

It was fun every time. Gah, gimme beta now!

hydruxo

5 or 6 I think. Mainly to gear up/level up then I just stuck to the dark zone the rest of the beta.

Evolved1

I'm just gonna grind the two missions on hard to lvl cap and then hit the DZ like a hammer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom