• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Division Open Beta Thread: Is it out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
idcard.png

awww yiissss

Did not read any of this thread but I won't because I won't waste my time with rubbish. Thought the beta was appalling old school pop and shoot and unlike most thought the graphics were ordinary. Enjoy this if you like it, I am now wary of ubisft development. I already wasted money on watchdogs

Hope you get banned for shit drive by posting.

Edit: Looks like you just got here to...oh well.

I have a question, from what I've seen a lot of the distinctive outfits like the hazmat or military suits that aren't just generic jackets & pants seem to be either pre order/ special edition etc bonuses.

Have they confirmed if there will be more varied outfits in the game to find because I've only seen generic jackets even in higher level videos or is it going to be a case of only if you jump through this hoop will you get this?

deoee

I have a question, from what I've seen a lot of the distinctive outfits like the hazmat or military suits that aren't just generic jackets & pants seem to be either pre order/ special edition etc bonuses.

Have they confirmed if there will be more varied outfits in the game to find because I've only seen generic jackets even in higher level videos or is it going to be a case of only if you jump through this hoop will you get this?

I guess (!) there will be outfits like the ones mentioned as rewards for hardest difficulty stuff.

EL CUCO

Did not read any of this thread but I won't because I won't waste my time with rubbish. Thought the beta was appalling old school pop and shoot and unlike most thought the graphics were ordinary. Enjoy this if you like it, I am now wary of ubisft development. I already wasted money on watchdogs
BJDEYWM.jpg

Just got the we are processing your order email
that always happens early from Game

Means they might send it early accidentally right? Right??

SomTervo

I expect the confirmed server opening to happen with pre-load on Friday at earliest.

If we knew the review embargo/review copy delivery date it would be easier to guess when servers will go up. Like if the embargo is on release day/the day before, I'd imagine servers will be up for at least 2 or 3 days before.

I guess you can stare into Mike and wonder why it's not Alex.

actually my name is Alex
ei
D:
I guess I'm 100% ready for the game

If we knew the review embargo/review copy delivery date it would be easier to guess when servers will go up. Like if the embargo is on release day/the day before, I'd imagine servers will be up for at least 2 or 3 days before.

biggest luck for me was getting both ps4 and bf4 like four days before release in Europe only to find full servers online. that was sooo sweet :) I really hope Ubi will please me with friday server start :)

Tecnniqe

Banned
It's possible to have them connect to the servers if they have verified codes.

SomTervo

It's possible to have them connect to the servers if they have verified codes.

Like they'd only allow server connections from the copies affiliated with keycodes which were sent to the press list?

Fair play if so.

actually my name is Alex
ei
D:
I guess I'm 100% ready for the game

biggest luck for me was getting both ps4 and bf4 like four days before release in Europe only to find full servers online. that was sooo sweet :) I really hope Ubi will please me with friday server start :)

nice! i've never had an online-focused game early, so haven't had the experience here

i'm an Alex too

this thread is so weird

e73b52c994ef79811c07e50637c3dce3.jpg

Could be the division gaf mascot as the colors perfectly fit the neogaf ones. ��

Tempted to edit this onto my avatar, behind the bar next to the Nighthawk

anyone want to do the honours?

I was just thinking...

Being a resident of the North Eastern USA and somewhat familiar and close to NYC... the setting feels very "home" to me. As such, It does sort of seems "mundane" or "bland" in a way (dont get me wrong i'm pumped and love the setting) when compared to another city that is more foreign, and mysterious/unfamiliar to me... say London for example.

If the Division took place in London or Prague or some other city i dont know i feel like it might have slightly more appeal personally. Anybody feel this way?

Any Americans or NYC'ers feel it's too familiar or not exciting enough... or the exact opposite that it's so close to home it's impact is even greater. Any non American Gaf'ers find the NYC setting very appealing as a result?

Discuss...

Raide

I was just thinking...

Being a resident of the North Eastern USA and somewhat familiar and close to NYC... the setting feels very "home" to me. As such, It does sort of seems "mundane" or "bland" in a way (dont get me wrong i'm pumped and love the setting) when compared to another city that is more foreign, and mysterious/unfamiliar to me... say London for example.

If the Division took place in London or Prague or some other city i dont know i feel like it might have slightly more appeal personally. Anybody feel this way?

Any Americans or NYC'ers feel it's too familiar or not exciting enough... or the exact opposite that it's so close to home it's impact is even greater. Any non American Gaf'ers find the NYC setting very appealing as a result?

Discuss...

I am hoping the success of The Division leads to The Division: London or The Division: Tokyo Branch. Expanding the premise into a variety of interesting cities sounds like expansion pack territory to me.

Discuss...

I feel the opposite. As a Bronx native there's something kind of exciting about seeing the Garden not hosting a game or event. I'm outside of the Empire State Building with a mask on trying not to get contaminated. It's different. Familiar, but far enough from reality that I can enjoy it. I love that it's modern too.

Kane1345

I am hoping the success of The Division leads to The Division: London or The Division: Tokyo Branch. Expanding the premise into a variety of interesting cities sounds like expansion pack territory to me.

I would love the Division: London :D

gfdoom

Discuss...

For me, having the game take place in NYC has a greater positive impact on the whole experience. We've had games that tried to have that NY feel but didn't quite nail it. I think Massive did a great job in almost creating a 1 to 1 version of NY in a video game. It's also cool that it's in NY because of the layers of levels that they could open up for exploration. Besides the tops streets you have the whole subway system and sewers. I don't really know of any other city that has quite an expansive subway/ sewer system.

T.O.P

Banned

London would be fucking amazing, hell i bought the last AC only because it was set in it

Ok, so I realised the Division is really close to release, but I haven't been following it at all despite having a keen interest in it.

Whats the reception been so far to the betas?

I'd look through the thread but all I see are pandas.

Jhn

Ok, so I realised the Division is really close to release, but I haven't been following it at all despite having a keen interest in it.

Whats the reception been so far to the betas?

I'd look through the thread but all I see are pandas.

Pretty mixed.

Some think it's the best thing that's ever been made, some worry about repetitiveness and potentially lacking endgame, and some find it clunky and input-laggy. The latter predominantly on PS4.

That would be awesome. I'd totally love to see a Japanese Division title!!!

I feel the opposite. As a Bronx native there's something kind of exciting about seeing the Garden not hosting a game or event. I'm outside of the Empire State Building with a mask on trying not to get contaminated. It's different. Familiar, but far enough from reality that I can enjoy it. I love that it's modern too.

I think if i was a resident i'd be even more excited! Esp. if i could find my home and places i frequent!

For me, having the game take place in NYC has a greater positive impact on the whole experience. We've had games that tried to have that NY feel but didn't quite nail it. I think Massive did a great job in almost creating a 1 to 1 version of NY in a video game. It's also cool that it's in NY because of the layers of levels that they could open up for exploration. Besides the tops streets you have the whole subway system and sewers. I don't really know of any other city that has quite an expansive subway/ sewer system.

Agreed. Massive really did nail the NYC feel and the weather really lends to the atmosphere as of recent with our storms.

I think some older European cities like Paris and London could stand up to NYCs underground and water ways etc. Not a whole lot could though.

RawNuts

Thank you; I was holding off on preordering this game until deathcab from NeoGAF shared their definitive opinion on it. Your wise words have always guided my purchasing decisions in the past and I felt lost when you were still silent with only a week left until release. I feel like I've dodged a bullet here today.
Your stance on citing Watch Dogs to judge all future Ubisoft titles is refreshingly insightful; those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it indeed, and you have shown yourself to be wise beyond your years in such regard.

I also thank you for prefacing your post with an explanation as to why you couldn't be bothered reading anything in the thread prior to making your post; you would be correct in your assumption, everyone in the thread is indeed below you and unworthy of your carefully-budgeted internet forum time.

I personally thank you for spending the time required to make such informed posts and I implore other members to heed the words of this sage's advice in the future. If you have already made the mistake of preordering The Division, be sure to contact the outlet you preordered from and cancel it immediately before it's too late and Ubisoft claims another victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom