• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Just watched before watching the review. It's funny how that film has just now gone viral especially amongst African Americans such as myself who never even heard of it.

I had seen it years ago when a preview clip of the young son in bed was floating around. It went viral back then I guess. But it worked to get me to watch it. I was a bit confused seeing their review. I thought someone had turned it into a feature length film.

I agree with Goodwin and Martin. I hadn't rewatched it, but remember it was weird how there was a horror parody/comedy tone to some scenes considering the subject matter. I never really perceived that strange juxtaposition as satire. It was just...weird. I guess it succeeded in making me uncomfortable and confused.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
THE STRANGE THING ABOUT THE JOHNSONS MOVIE REVIEW

Uh, what.
Edit: The bathtub scene is amazing.
EZwvIRI.png

Fuu

Honestly I never got the impression she actually approached him, whenever he talks about it it's just what she said in that comment, that she mentioned it once.

Korey exaggerates everything for the laughs, but he doesn't make shit up as far as I know. Not even himself and Mia are exempt of it, and I wouldn't have it any other way (most of his stories with Mia are fucking hilarious). See also the Ray's demons thing. Ray came on the Valentine's Day Roast and Toast to talk about it and nothing he said really contradicted the way Korey told it.

He will milk whatever you tell him for a story and he has said that repeatedly. The real problem is that some take whatever he says too seriously or start imagining things. Reminds me how there are people who think it's ok to talk shit to Sammy just because Korey does it in a friendly way.

Seesaw15

Beside the story Goodwin and Korey didn't want to tell on the show everything else Korey said was backed up by a recording. Korey exaggerates stuff but never lies.

Order

People need to stop telling Korey things.

This is the same dude that recorded a homeless woman and put it on the show. If he sees an opportunity to make people laugh he'll take it, even if that means exaggerating private conversations.

Honestly I never got the impression she actually approached him, whenever he talks about it it's just what she said in that comment, that she mentioned it once.

Korey exaggerates everything for the laughs, but he doesn't make shit up as far as I know. Not even himself and Mia are exempt of it, and I wouldn't have it any other way (most of his stories with Mia are fucking hilarious). See also the Ray's demons thing. Ray came on the Valentine's Day Roast and Toast to talk about it and nothing he said really contradicted the way Korey told it.

He will milk whatever you tell him for a story and he has said that repeatedly. The real problem is that some take whatever he says too seriously or start imagining things. Reminds me how there are people who think it's ok to talk shit to Sammy just because Korey does it in a friendly way.

Really? The way Ray told it was totally different from what Korey had portrayed on the show prior. We only when know exaggerates stories after someone, like Ray in this case, calls him out on it.

Fuu

Really? The way Ray told it was totally different from what Korey had portrayed on the show prior. We only when know exaggerates stories after someone, like Ray in this case, calls him out on it.
I don't know, there wasn't any point where I though Ray was literally seeing things or that he was schizophrenic. Ray said that they had a conversation where he said he's been stressed and anxious, then told the bathroom door story where he saw something approaching him, then that his girlfriend dreamt about it without him telling her about it. The only thing he apparently didn't say was that it was a "demon", which isn't something I don't think anyone should take seriously.

I do see how it turned out to be a problem when Martin suggested schizophrenia and Korey didn't say it wasn't that bad, because then you have people thinking that's really happening. I personally don't think they would be throwing that out there if they truly thought Ray was going through something that serious. Martin even jokingly told Ray "I feel like you came on to give your side of things and you actually didn't contradict anything he said".

It seems to happen often where people in the DT community will start extrapolating things based on what's said on the show, when in reality they're just a group of people shooting the shit for entertainment. There wasn't a moment so far where someone called Korey out on something that I thought he flat-out lied about it. To me it's pretty obvious when he's exaggerating something (which is pretty much all the time lol). I don't disagree that he could tone the Danielle thing down though.

edit: sorry, these posts are getting longer than they need to be, haha. I actually don't feel strongly about any of this. Hope Danielle and Korey talk about it on air next Monday.

I don't know, there wasn't any point where I though Ray was literally seeing things or that he was schizophrenic. Ray said that they had a conversation where he said he's been stressed and anxious, then told the bathroom door story where he saw something approaching him, then that his girlfriend dreamt about it without him telling her about it. The only thing he apparently didn't say was that it was a "demon", which isn't something I don't think anyone should take seriously.

I do see how it turned out to be a problem when Martin suggested schizophrenia and Korey didn't say it wasn't that bad, because then you have people thinking that's really happening. I personally don't think they would be throwing that out there if they truly thought Ray was going through something that serious. Martin even jokingly told Ray "I feel like you came on to give your side of things and you actually didn't contradict anything he said".

It seems to happen often where people in the DT community will start extrapolating things based on what's said on the show, when in reality they're just a group of people shooting the shit for entertainment. There wasn't a moment so far where someone called Korey out on something that I thought he flat-out lied about it. To me it's pretty obvious when he's exaggerating something (which is pretty much all the time lol). I don't disagree that he could tone the Danielle thing down though.

edit: sorry, these posts are getting longer than they need to be, haha. I actually don't feel strongly about any of this. Hope Danielle and Korey talk about it on air next Monday.

To some it may be apparent that he's exaggerating but Ray did say he was getting messages from worried listeners hoping that he's doing okay, thinking that he's actually schizophrenic. All in all, people should stop telling Korey shit in confidence.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
FIST FIGHT

Korey:
RENTAL
Goodwin:
BULLSHIT
Martin:
BULLSHIT

I'm glad they always mention my biggest pet peeve with modern comedies. They cast a bunch of comedians and then just have them ad-lib and think it'll be funny. I saw that Mike & Dave wedding bullshit last year and it was full of it. The script must have been 10pgs

mreddie

I'm glad they always mention my biggest pet peeve with modern comedies. They cast a bunch of comedians and then just have them ad-lib and think it'll be funny. I saw that Mike & Dave wedding bullshit last year and it was full of it. The script must have been 10pgs

I finally saw over the holidays, waster potential.

Feels like everyone tried to go a Lineorama a la Apatow.

Not even Anna Kendrick nude saved it...her nude body double.

I'm honestly more apt to believe Korey tbh. Danielle often comes across completely unaware or clueless of some of the things she says and does.

Although I do think it's corny putting it on blast for your audience unless it's done in a way where Danielle is in on it and it's all played for laughs.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm honestly more apt to believe Korey tbh. Danielle often comes across completely unaware or clueless of some of the things she says and does.

Not really any reason to believe one or the other. One says she wanted to fuck him. The other says she wanted to fuck him.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I think if they had a free pass, Danielle and Korey would fuck each other into oblivion. That's just the vibe I've gotten when they hosted the Monday show alone. When other people are in the room, they tease her. But if it's just Danielle & Korey, he gasses her up.

Man, I should have listened to the Double Toasted review of Fifty Shades. I knew it was going to be some bullshit but it's one of the most boring movies I've seen since...well, the first 50 Shades movie. NOTHING HAPPENS!

Fuu

I was interested in A Cure for Wellness because visually it looks good and I like Dane Dehaan, but that review left me shook. I might still watch it on streaming in the future, the last 30 minutes of the movie sound insane.

Grizzlyjin

I was interested in A Cure for Wellness because it looks good and I like Dane Dehaan, but that review left me shook. I'll probably still watch it on streaming in the future, those last 30 minutes of the movie sounds insane.

See, I probably would have seen that but I listened to their review yesterday and decided to wait until I can stream it too. Fifty Shades was the only other movie I hadn't seen.

The Cure for Wellness sorta looks like that Emma Watson movie coming out The Circle. I heard that the book it is based on turns crazy too, so I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out the same.

If I could be blunt. I wish they'd trim the fat and just make it Korey, Martin, Goodwin, and Girts. Then again, I don't really listen to their other shows where other members might be featured.

Late reply but I agree. Those four are the most fun to listen to, especially with a shit movie.

I was interested in A Cure for Wellness because visually it looks good and I like Dane Dehaan, but that review left me shook. I might still watch it on streaming in the future, the last 30 minutes of the movie sound insane.

This movie is a textbook example of style over substance.
My god, that run time needs to be cut down. GV's films need help in the editing department.

Top Bottom