• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Spinluck

Anyone wanna place bets on whether or not Korey gives Spider-Man a better than sex rating?

I think Apes is getting it for sure.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I think Coleman is going to nitpick himself into a Fullprice/High Matinee.
yeah, I was about to say. not unlike him to be ultra hyped before going in, then get stuck nitpicking something in the review, haha.

"ohh, but you know me." – KC
"man, you always do that." – KG

I think Coleman is going to nitpick himself into a Fullprice/High Matinee.

Korey: "But he's just not the Spider-Man that I know. And I know we're skipping over the origin, but I miss Uncle Ben man. I don't like smug asshole Tony Stark rolling up on Aunt May like that."

Martin: "You're just saying that cause he reminds you of you."

Fuu

The movie clips add to the fun. More often than not they'll be playing a random clip that will set them off laughing, or Korey will dub some silliness over a paused scene. Love it.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Anyone wanna place bets on whether or not Korey gives Spider-Man a better than sex rating?

I think Apes is getting it for sure.

I'm thinking High Full Price. But I definitely could see him going up to Better Than Sex.

It's hard to imagine Martin going that far. Almost no way Goodwin likes it that much. Girts is a wild card.

Farsi

Team did an early review for War for the Planet of the Apes tonight

Coleman:
Better Than Sex
Martin:
High Full Price
Goodwin:
Better Than Sex

Goodwin called it the greatest trilogy of all time.

LionPride

Banned

Coleman:
Better Than Sex
Martin:
High Full Price
Goodwin:
Better Than Sex

Funny thing is...that first movie is the worst amd it's still solid as hell

Timu

Coleman:
Better Than Sex
Martin:
High Full Price
Goodwin:
Better Than Sex

July 14th can't come soon enough!

Seesaw15

Korey: "But he's just not the Spider-Man that I know. And I know we're skipping over the origin, but I miss Uncle Ben man. I don't like smug asshole Tony Stark rolling up on Aunt May like that."

Bravo. If this exchange doesn't happen I will be shocked.
219.gif

LionPride

Banned

You know that's how it's gonna happen

caliph95

I can see this happening

Yep this is literally the exact conversation that will happen.

Lijik

its crazy how easily i can hear that exchange in their voices right down to Martin starting to laugh before responding

Korey hyped hinself up way too much for Spidey. I wouldn't be surprised if Martin gives it the highest score. Lowest from Goodwin probably.

😂😂😂

fuck

Coleman:
Better Than Sex
Martin:
High Full Price
Goodwin:
Better Than Sex

Yuuuuss. I think my tastes often align more with Martin's so I'm wondering if he's gonna point out the same stuff that bothered me with Dawn but that's some fantastic scores either way.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I like that they've started doing reviews on different days. That model works alright during the slow season but there are just way too many big movies from March to August now. Plus they'll get more views the earlier they put up a big movie review

Dram

Felix got loud again and Korey said he's not allowed back into the studio. He said he was getting a lot of complaints about Felix's behavior during the shows and this was the final straw.

Korey shitty for doing that on air
Yeah, I don't know why he just didn't wait until the show was over to talk to Felix. The fact that Korey then just went right back to doing the show, made it very awkward to listen to the rest of it.

So I wonder if this is really the last we'll see of Felix?

What happened this time?

And some good ole fashioned Martin Despicable Me hate, feels like it's been a while.

Felix got loud again and Korey said he's not allowed back into the studio. He said he was getting a lot of complaints about Felix's behavior during the shows and this was the final straw.

Ah, man can't do that on air tho Korey. Felix gonna kill him in his sleep now.

LionPride

Banned

Yeah, I don't know why he just didn't wait until the show was over to talk to Felix. The fact that Korey then just went right back to doing the show, made it very awkward to listen to the rest of it.
Damn

Korey has been calling people out more and more during shows and going straight back to work, shit's a business where fans have input sometimes. I get it but damn.

Haven't checked the Felix one yet, but I just expect public dressing downs from Korey now. I think a lot of subscribers prefer it this way too because it keeps it real in a sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtqsmjrPCxw

Nah it's just uncomfortable, like with Sammy it's one thing cause he's an employee. But Felix is just their friend and fan, can't take him apart like that.

I still think they patch shit up like always and he's back in a week.

Grizzlyjin

Yeah, it's really just awkward with how Korey keeps calling people out on air. It's counterproductive IMO.

Agree. It made the start of the Baby Driver review really awkward. I couldn't even hear Felix.

Fuu

Nah it's just uncomfortable, like with Sammy it's one thing cause he's an employee. But Felix is just their friend and fan, can't take him apart like that.

I still think they patch shit up like always and he's back in a week.
Yeah, I wouldn't do it like he usually does, but I guess he might want to make a public statement in regards to Felix because he has told him to settle down off camera multiple times. It's a complicated situation because he wants a fun and light atmosphere with an engaged live audience, but at the same time there are people that will keep crossing the line when they get too comfortable and forget the show is a business.

I still wouldn't want him to stop calling people out on air though, even if it gets uncomfortable sometimes. Martin laughing nonstop with him telling Sammy and Felix to stop eating crackers is still one of my favorite moments, lol. And I can't deny I was morbidly amused during the drunk show when he had a serious talk with Danielle.

yunbuns

Him calling people out doesn't really bother me tbh but when they (more specifically Korey) try to talk about social issues that's when things get cringey for me.

I get that it's cool to make fun of Danielle as dumb but even when she's trying to say something that's somewhat valid they kind of just shrug her off. Like during the Oz show when they were talking about about the German woman making herself black, Danielle felt that it was wrong to do yet Korey and Oz were kind of trying to imply that someone changing their race was the same as someone becoming transgender. I don't know...It really rubbed me the wrong way.

Agree. It made the start of the Baby Driver review really awkward. I couldn't even hear Felix.

I didn't hear him either but honestly it's gotten a bit tiring hearing him have to tell this dude to stop. Like I could understand if it was a teenager doing this but isn't Felix like a grown ass man?

SArcher

Banned
The Korey we have right now is nothing compared to the Korey during the Spill years. Dude had mental breakdowns on several occasions.

kewlmyc

Him snapping at Felix felt like a joke when listening to the review on my phone. I didn't even hear Felix, so maybe they'll mend the fence off the podcast. Didn't seem that bad.

SArcher

Banned
Would love to hear an example story.

They used to be owned by Hollywood.com and they had problems with the overlords for years. Korey broke down a number of times and Tony (Co-Host 3000) had to basically talk him out of quitting right then and there on air. It's hard to recall the details but I do listen to some of the Spill stuff now and again as I have 80 gigs worth of their old material archived on disc and it's a whole different ballgame.

Nobody was really wrong on their take on Baby Driver it just depends on how strongly you feel about certain things. Definitely not a perfect film in any sense I still really enjoyed it .

Lijik

Him calling people out doesn't really bother me tbh but when they (more specifically Korey) try to talk about social issues that's when things get cringey for me.

I get that it's cool to make fun of Danielle as dumb but even when she's trying to say something that's somewhat valid they kind of just shrug her off. Like during the Oz show when they were talking about about the German woman making herself black, Danielle felt that it was wrong to do yet Korey and Oz were kind of trying to imply that someone changing their race was the same as someone becoming transgender. I don't know...It really rubbed me the wrong way.
The way most of the crew talks about trans issues rubs me the wrong way. Usually its easy to just look past and move on since it doesnt happen too often but its still a "cmon guys" moment

Top Bottom