• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Double Toasted team AKA the best film reviewers out there

Him calling people out doesn't really bother me tbh but when they (more specifically Korey) try to talk about social issues that's when things get cringey for me.

I get that it's cool to make fun of Danielle as dumb but even when she's trying to say something that's somewhat valid they kind of just shrug her off. Like during the Oz show when they were talking about about the German woman making herself black, Danielle felt that it was wrong to do yet Korey and Oz were kind of trying to imply that someone changing their race was the same as someone becoming transgender. I don't know...It really rubbed me the wrong way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they more or less had the same reaction when the initial Rachel Dolezal story was reported. At least they're not as bad as Danielle and her comments during sexual assault/harassment victim stories, yeesh.

LionPride

Banned
Korey and Martin are older dudes, like while I don't agree, I ain't gonna hold it against them. And it's not like they ain't willing to change if educated, they stubborn but not thay stubborn

Early 2010 Spill was rough. You saw the end of the site coming a mile away.
And you could see it by them trying everything under the sun to get any more ad run on the site itself to scrape anything they could. That daily show he did with Pete was like "please don't shut us down" for eight months.

When the Loading Bar got killed off despite bringing in super high hits every post you knew it was over.

I wonder what Pete is even up too nowadays.

And you could see it by them trying everything under the sun to get any more ad run on the site itself to scrape anything they could. That daily show he did with Pete was like "please don't shut us down" for eight months.

When the Loading Bar got killed off despite bringing in super high hits every post you knew it was over.

I wonder what Pete is even up too nowadays.
Remind me what the show with Pete was. I only remember constantly listening to Let's Do This and A Couple of Cold Ones.

Korey says there are parts of the movie where it is a music video.

I bet.

Honestly with how well BET handled the New Edition Story, they should've just made Pac's story be a miniseries on there. That way they wouldn't have felt the need to create an all encompassing Cliff's Note version, surface level biopic like they did with this film.

Slayven

I bet.

Honestly with how well BET handled the New Edition Story, they should've just made Pac's story be a miniseries on there. That way they wouldn't have felt the need to create an all encompassing Cliff's Note version, surface level biopic like they did with this film.

and the BET tribute at the award show would have been LIT

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Damn Korey tried to give All Eyez On Me every chance

To be fair, Korey seemed to be giving a lot of movies every chance recently. His DM3 review was similar where he wanted to like it, but just couldn't.

Off topic, but has Gritz even seen a film in a while? He's basically been sitting there doing nothing for the past few, T5, DM3, etc. Last time I recall him adding something in was Cars 3.

Slayven

To be fair, Korey seemed to be giving a lot of movies every chance recently. His DM3 review was similar where he wanted to like it, but just couldn't.

Off topic, but has Gritz even seen a film in a while? He's basically been sitting there doing nothing for the past few, T5, DM3, etc. Last time I recall him adding something in was Cars 3.
I kinda of like it, enough critics just look for shit to bash. Refreshing for some one to give movies credit where credit is due

Damn i can't tell if Korey was having fun in the transformer review or he was a broken.

I kinda of like it, enough critics just look for shit to bash. Refreshing for some one to give movies credit where credit is due

Damn i can't tell if Korey was having fun in the transformer review or he was a broken.
He's broken. I think he's given up on there being a Transformers movie that he would like. It's been 10 years. Him and Martin are drained. lol

I still remember their Revenge of the Fallen review.

It's hard to recall the details but I do listen to some of the Spill stuff now and again as I have 80 gigs worth of their old material archived on disc and it's a whole different ballgame.

Brotha, if you ever come across a segment where Korey talks about the infamous Reverend X, please let me know which episode it's on. I can't remember if it was on A Couple of Cold Ones or Let's Do this. I just remember it being a more of a long segment where he was talking about him and playing his clips as opposed to the times where he just mentions him in passing. It was hilarious!

Sai

Danielle broke up with that Donald guy(again?), and Korey actually got him on the show for a minute 'cause he was waiting outside of the studio. It was awkward.

[EDIT] - Oh, and he was using her account to defend himself in the chat before that.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Danielle broke up with that Donald guy(again?), and Korey actually got him on the show for a minute 'cause he was waiting outside of the studio. It was awkward.

Lol, that would explain the thirst trap Snapchat stories.

I need to see this. Coming to the studio is not a good look though.

Edit: You weren't lying. Grab some popcorn, this shit is wild. She let him have other women in their bed if he wanted and he still lied and dogged her out for a year. Damn lol

Farsi

cNWFV2r.png

Oh my god.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Lol, that would explain the thirst trap Snapchat stories.

I need to see this. Coming to the studio is not a good look though.

Edit: You weren't lying. Grab some popcorn, this shit is wild. She let him have other women in their bed if he wanted and he still lied and dogged her out for a year. Damn lol

wtf??

LionPride

Banned
One time I told the story of Danielle and the monkey and people thought I was crazy

If I tell the broken arm story shit will go haywire

LionPride

Banned
Can y'all share some of these stories? I've only been watching their content for a few months.
So Danielle was likely raped. I believe the story goes, Danielle was with a couple of guys, wasted, she was like yeah nah not with both of yall, arm ended up broken trying to stave em off, she got fucked with a broken arm by one of the dudes

I think I got the gist of that story right. I forget details sometimes

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
When I watched their reviews, I always feel that the only white guy in the room (sorry, I have only watched a couple and still don't really remember their names) always seem to have forced it whenever he has to laugh.

I dunno, I just feel the way he laughed are often unnatural and forced, like he's laughing because the others are laughing, not because he wanted to genuinely laughs.

LionPride

Banned
Wat.

No, seriously

WAT
My b, they grabbed her like the moment she came into the room and "she didn't say no" but when she told the story she ain't seem so keen with it all, arm ended up broken because the two big ass motherfuckers smashed way too hard and just didn't stop. She was drunk though I do believe.

Danielle been through some shit

When I watched their reviews, I always feel that the only white guy in the room (sorry, I have only watched a couple and still don't really remember their names) always seem to have forced it whenever he has to laugh.

I dunno, I just feel the way he laughed are often unnatural and forced, like he's laughing because the others are laughing, not because he wanted to genuinely laughs.

You mean Girts? Yeah, his laughing always looked a little forced, but I attributed that to him possibly being nervous in front of the camera, or just laughs differently.

Sai

Nah, I thought he was forcing it at first too, but after watching a bit more of the High Score, I think that's really how Girts naturally laughs.

Oh, and Spiderman: Homecoming:
Everybody gave it a very enthusiastic Full Price. Loved how Martin started messing with Coleman when he brought up Spiderman 3.
Can't wait to see it Thursday.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but fukk Danielle. The hell was that
5I5s8.png
comment of her being done with that "shit", dating black guys? Like every black guy is always going to end up being a disloyal and cheating asshole.

Skittles

Can't believe I'm saying this, but fukk Danielle. The hell was that
5I5s8.png
comment of her being done with that "shit", dating black guys? Like every black guy is always going to end up being a disloyal and cheating asshole.
If ya really wanna hate danielle you should watch the kesha video. She deserved to be slapped for those comments

caliph95

If ya really wanna hate danielle you should watch the kesha video. She deserved to be slapped for those comments
What you don't think a victim should stop being traumatised and plot tv show revenge against her rapist. What are you insensitive.

I swear i could type Goddammit Danielle in most of her videos (at least for the "controversial" videos) and it would somehow be relevant

Skittles

What you don't think a victim should stop being traumatised and plot tv show revenge against her rapist. What are you insensitive.

I swear i could type Goddammit Danielle in most of her videos (at least for the "controversial" videos) and it would somehow be relevant
The best part was that martin knew she was about to come out and say some bullshit.then she did and the whole time everyone else is just shaking their head (they even put up a disclaimer because what she was saying was so stupid.

Top Bottom