• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2016 floor plans are up

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone know if Take-Two is always listed as Take-Two rather than 2K? Because if not, that could imply Rockstar's presence.
2K is in booth 2525 (Mobile and Social Game Pavillion). I believe Take-Two is always listed as Take-Two.

DLaicH

Maybe all of Nintendo's other announcements will be hidden in the world of the Zelda demo for attendees to discover through exploration.

Nothing beats the '90s E3 shows for their level of wonderment for the fan of games and technology even if they might have been suboptimal for the actual business/media side of things, but looking at the smaller list of exhibitors this year, you start to wonder why they even bother with LACC anymore.

sinxtanx

why WOULDN'T Nintendo need all that floor space for Zelda?

the demo is a projected 60-90 minutes(!)

usual E3 demos are like 10 minutes

if Nintendo had said "we're showing 6-9 playable games" would people still ask "what do they need with all that floor space then?"

Meesh

Just a quick question outta curiosity. Is Nintendos floor space smaller this year or about the same as previous years? Just trying to wrap my brain around Nintendo and their "one man show" this year... I'd half expect less space for one main game, but hey, Nintendo and stuff.

Raven77

What do people think the odds are of us getting a new Elder Scrolls game announced (not a card game or any other such bullshittery)? Seems like Bethesda has some good floor space.

Wallach

Pretty large Oculus booth, I suppose they will be doing more Touch demos. Hopefully a pre-order and launch date announcement.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing beats the '90s E3 shows for their level of wonderment for the fan of games and technology even if they might have been suboptimal for the actual business/media side of things, but looking at the smaller list of exhibitors this year, you start to wonder why they even bother with LACC anymore.
Looking back even ten years, the exhibitor count was much greater than now. This is what the development looks like:

e3exhibitorsxik9w.png

Sources are e3expo.com, Gamesindustry.biz and Engadget.

2007 and 2008 were E3 Media & Business Summit, so that's why the sudden change.

E92 M3

No. Can we not just have a new game that forgets Skyrim ever happened and is closer to Morrowind and Oblivion?

Bruh, Skyrim is my all-time favorite province. That environment and setting was so glorious. Absolutely LOVED the Nordic themes.

If Nintendo has gone all-in with Zelda with all that floor space, the game's gotta to be royal flush good. They couldn't be bluffing.

Steejee

Rösti;205282701 said:
Looking back even ten years, the exhibitor count was much greater than now. This is what the development looks like:

e3exhibitorsxik9w.png

Sources are e3expo.com, Gamesindustry.biz and Engadget.

2007 and 2008 were E3 Media & Business Summit, so that's why the sudden change.

Coincidentally, the only two E3s I attended (back when I worked for IGN) were 2006 and 2007, so I got the extremes.

Though I might have been at 2005 as well...

I remember 2006 pretty well - Wii line was massive, had the giant Wii Music setup in the middle, and I couldn't be out on the show floor for more than 10-15 minutes without getting a headache. Booth Babes were in full force, with the smaller and more desperate the company the sleazier the outfit.

2007 was such a crazy flip with it being all over Santa Monica. Exhibition hall in the airport hanger actually wasn't bad - quiet, straightforward, lots of games.

StillEdge

Nintendo doesn't have that much space. The section on the right isn't demos it's a private Nintendo meeting area and to check in with your appointments and shit. And the section on the left usually has like 3 things to take a picture with and 50 game stations max. Nintendo makes the most out of their room because they don't do booths and everything is an open floor. Microsoft was extremely cramped because they shoved 4 booth areas (Halo Hololens x2 and rise of the tomb raider section and also a Forza car you could sit in and play the game in another car.) they probably had 50 game stations max too but definitely not as roomy as how Sony and Nintendo had it.

Why does Nintendo need so much space for only Zelda ?

E3 space is bought many many months in advance... It's likely that things didn't go to plan which is why we're only getting Zelda.

Or Nintendo has just been playing us all and they really are going to show NX but are trying to keep it under wraps better. (If they say they are going to show NX people will be snooping hard, if Nintendo says they have nothing, maybe they'll have less nosey nancies)

BlackJace

There will be a life size replica of a Zelda U dungeon. At the core of the dungeon will be the fabled demo booth. Only the strong will survive.

Byvar

Skyrim HD remix........PLEASE
Yeah, I think we'll see something like this. Maybe packaged with Oblivion too. It's a bit suspicious that those two huge games still aren't backward compatible with the Xbox One yet, even though Fallout 3 (same engine) is.
I really want Morrowind more though.

J-Skee

Look at it like this: what other franchise can command an entire booth like that? Zelda is cherished & I'm sure there will be positive impressions of the game.

Neospartan

Neo Member
I'm seeing it now.
The NX is not just a console, it's a VR system that works like the fricken' Nerve Gear, only Nintendo hasn't figured out a way to hijack the signals from your brain to your body, so it can't keep you in one place. Therefore, all that Zelda floor space is for you to explore in this off-the-rails VR demo.

That, or Nintendo lied to us to lower our expectations for their E3, and they'll have a regular, okayish E3.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
This is the first E3 in a long time that I won't be able to watch the conferences live. Bummer.

E92 M3

Yes, but your problem would be that Bethesda sells a lot of copies of their games on PC, and there's no reason for anyone on PC to buy an HD Skyrim.

So, probably best to just hope for a new Elder Scrolls.

It'll sell like hotcakes on consoles and I'm sure people on PC will buy it too. You're underestimating the cumulative popularity of Skyrim.

Richie

Rösti;205271893 said:
Nintendo of America

In West Hall

4822 (100 ft x 200 ft, 20000 sq ft)
5244 (110 ft x 90 ft, 9900 sq ft)
5644 (30 ft x 69,99 ft, 2100.36 sq ft)

32000,36 sq ft total.

It's likely Nintendo has reserved the theatre as well.

But why would they need the theatre this year? Smash Invitational in 2014, yeah, the World Championships last year, sure, but now? Legit curious.

See that booth all the way over there on the right? You can go there.

Hahahahaha

Top Bottom