• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The E3 2016 floor plans are up (preliminary/partially)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Update (March 6): The ESA, or whoever is in charge of the floor plans, has now put a 302 Found (redirection loop) on this domain, it now redirects to http://pr311jm731.mapyourshow.com/6_0/search.cfm. Luckily we still have the saved images.

The E3 2016 floor plans are currently unavailable at http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/index.cfm?show_id=pr311jm731&alt_entry=true, but they can be viewed on an alternative location, one called Exhibitor View. Note that these floor plans are preliminary and incomplete, and should merely act as a way for use to get an early glimpse of the show. Also note that these floor plans are currently a bit glitchy, having some booths appear in impossible/wrong locations and under incorrect designations. But there are some interesting things, so let's take a look:

Disclaimer: I know the landing page features the E3 2015 logo, but I have thoroughly checked that these floor plans are indeed for E3 2016 (the text also says Exhibitor View of Floorplan for E3 2016). I have though included the floor plans of E3 2015 at the bottom of the post (blue background), if you want to compare by yourself.

e32016_southhallbhux9.png

Booths 1001 and 1023 appear as if missing. This is not the case, they have just been incorrectly placed (see the plans for the Permanent Meeting Rooms).

1023 was used by Ubisoft last year. It is blue and if you click on it is says it is available. But the list claims Ubisoft has this booth (and meeting room MR 309). Booth 1001 was used by Take-Two last year. That booth is fully available though. Again, it's a bit buggy.

e32016_westhall1uu9n.png

Not many changes here from last year. OFMR 4000 is blue (available), but it says it is booked by Microsoft.

e32016_pmrr9umd.png

EA's meeting room is shown, Activision has got a few. Bandai Namco has got a large number of booths. Konami has booked two as well.

I assume Nintendo has booked the theatre.

e32016_concourse50ujk.png

Crytek has a meeting room here, and there's also Into the Pixel.

Source: http://www.mapyourshow.com/exhview/?ShowID=pr311jm731

I've also taken the liberty of writing down the booths (and sizes) of the most prominent exhibitors.

Microsoft Corporation

• 4000 (20 ft x 30 ft, 600 sq ft)
  • 4100 (Irregular, 27 377.1 sq ft)
Nintendo of America Inc.

• 4822 (100 ft x 200 ft, 20000 sq ft)
  • 5244 (110 ft x 90 ft, 9900 sq ft)
  • 5644 (Irregular, 2100.18 sq ft)
Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC

• 4044 (Irregular, 2700.23 sq ft)
  • 4144 (110 ft x 90 ft, 9900 sq ft)
  • 4522 (90 ft x 200 ft, 18000 sq ft)
  • MR 504
  • MR 506
  • MR 507
  • MR 515A
  • MR519
Bethesda

• 1647 (150 ft x 100 ft, 15000 sq ft)
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

• 1637 (130 ft x 100 ft, 13000 sq ft)
Capcom U.S.A., Inc

• 2023 (100 ft x 100 ft, 10000 sq ft)
Square Enix, Inc.

• 2001 (150 ft x 100 ft, 15000 sq ft)
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.

• 601 (40 ft x 100 ft, 4000 sq ft)
Atlus

• 4810 (50 ft x 50 ft, 2000 sq ft)
SEGA Europe

• 5010 (40 ft x 40 ft, 1600 sq ft)
Oculus

• 5222 (25 ft x 50 ft, 1250 sq ft)
XSEED Games

• 5400 (50 ft x 100 ft, 5000 sq ft)
Konami

Currently only has two meeting rooms

• MR511B (42.19 ft x 28.7 ft, 1211.43 sq ft
  • MR511 C (Irregular, 1226.16 sq ft)
These two meeting rooms were occupied by Techland & Perfect World Entertainment, respectively, last year

Electronic Arts

• MR 403A (Irregular, 4319.76 sq ft)
EA had MR 401 last year, that one is currently up for grabs

Ubisoft

• 1023 (Irregular, 150 ft x 100 ft, 15000 sq ft)
  • MR 309 (35.36 ft x 57.67 ft, 2039.84 sq ft)
---

E3 2015 floor plans (for comparison purposes)

South Hall

West Hall

PMRs

Concourse omitted

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
SEGA and Atlus having their booth next to each other will excite some.

XSEED registered for a pretty large booth, though they do have a lot of games in the works.

Konami registering two meeting rooms, wonder what
pachinko machines
they've gathered around to talk about.

Bethesda wanting to go in big for Doom is reasonable, Square obviously will have Final Fantasy XV (and maybe some other things, like Kingdom Hearts 3?). Warner Bros mainly have Lego games and a few movie tie-ins registered, wonder if they have some big reveal to want all of that space. Capcom probably has some announcements, and they may show off some things related to Resident Evil's 20th anniversary and other announcements they've hinted at but not talked much about.

These are just notes, but it all looks to be about as expected mostly.

SJRB

Gold Member
Warner Bros has a huge area, what games do they even have at this point? Last year they had Batman and Mad Max.

Asd202

I feel certain their Fire Emblem game will be at Atlus' booth too, but you can probably safely bet their big game for this E3 is Persona 5.

I think that will be in Nintendo booth I'm mean they are publishing it.

Warner Bros has a huge area, what games do they even have at this point? Last year they had Batman and Mad Max.

There are rumor that Rocksteady is working on some kind of superhero game maybe that will be a huge focus.

Dusk Golem

That's what I was questioning above. The only games we know they have in development is Lego Worlds, an untitled Games of Thrones game, and a couple mobile games. I'm assuming they have something else to announce in the next few months to warrant an area that big.

I think that will be in Nintendo booth I'm mean they are publishing it.

Could very well be there, though sometimes they pop up in both booths in my experience, but we shall see. Anyway, it'd be a very safe bet to expect their big game their throwing around at E3 to be Persona 5.

18-Volt

Wow, surprised to see Vita has a huge booth. I wonder what will be there. Net High, Valkyrie Drive, Uppers, Ys 8, Tokyo Xanadu...

Dusk Golem

Why? #FE isn't even on Atlus USA's website.

It's releasing a couple weeks after E3 in the Western world. It might be at Nintendo's booth, but I find a lot of third-party games that appear at Nintendo's booth also usually appear at the company's other booths.

FluxWaveZ

It's releasing a few weeks after E3 in the Western world.

Yes, but Atlus USA isn't publishing or localizing the title. They have not been publicizing it through their social media channels or official venues like their website or press releases. I'm not sure why it would be at their booth, considering this.

It's a Nintendo game.

Zukkoyaki

Wouldn't be surprised to see Warner Bros Montreal's (Arkham Origins) two AAA superhero games show up. Monolith (Shadow of Mordor) may also be ready to go.

Come to think of it, Warner Bros. could probably pull off a decent conference if they wanted to.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Warner Bros Montreal's (Arkham Origins) two AAA superhero games show up. Monolith (Shadow of Mordor) may also be ready to go.

Come to think of it, Warner Bros. could probably pull off a decent conference if they wanted to.

They'll likely have an announcement or two at Sony's press conference.

StillEdge

Does that mean nobody has snagged EAs spot or it hasn't been made official yet? I'm on my phone and the website fails to load for me.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Nintendo taking up quite a large space. Interesting.

FluxWaveZ

It's nice that Sega are back with their own booth, in a way. Interesting that it's specifically for "Sega Europe," though. Guess it'll be more about localized titles.

Afrikan

damn Nintendo, 20,000 square feet for one section? o_O

those images make it seem like the Big three are taking up equal space...but that the #s make it seem drastically different.

unless I'm reading it wrong.

ninja edit.

Wow, surprised to see Vita has a huge booth. I wonder what will be there. Net High, Valkyrie Drive, Uppers, Ys 8, Tokyo Xanadu...
With the exception of Ys 8 (because Falcom never gives Xseed the required resources to begin before its on Japanese shelves), I would expect Xseed to have announced all of these before the end of the year. For E3 specifically, I expect they'll announce Tokyo Xanadu and Valkyrie Drive in the traditional week before social media push.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Does that mean nobody has snagged EAs spot or it hasn't been made official yet? I'm on my phone and the website fails to load for me.
Well, booth 1601, which EA used last year, is still available to book.

StillEdge

Rösti;197659573 said:
Well, booth 1601, which EA used last year, is still available to book.
Probably the most expensive spot to have. Literally the first thing you see when you go through the main doors. I wonder who is gonna take it.

Probably the most expensive spot to have. Literally the first thing you see when you go through the main doors. I wonder who is gonna take it.

If a 3rd party doesn't take it I imagine Sony would take it and put a ton of PSVR stuff in it. I don't expect Nintendo to have a ton of hands-on stuff for NX so I'm not sure if they really need another booth.

Everything looks per the course for the Big 3. I'm curious to see what Sega of Europe has to show
, but I can't wait for all that Nintendo space to be reserved just for the NX believe

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Update (March 6): The ESA, or whoever is in charge of the floor plans, has now put a 302 Found (redirection loop) on this domain, it now redirects to http://pr311jm731.mapyourshow.com/6_0/search.cfm

I guess someone did not want this to be made public just yet. A bit silly in my opinion. Ah well.

Tizoc

SEGA and Atlus having their booth next to each other will excite some.

XSEED registered for a pretty large booth, though they do have a lot of games in the works.

Konami registering two meeting rooms, wonder what
pachinko machines
they've gathered around to talk about.

Bethesda wanting to go in big for Doom is reasonable, Square obviously will have Final Fantasy XV (and maybe some other things, like Kingdom Hearts 3?). Warner Bros mainly have Lego games and a few movie tie-ins registered, wonder if they have some big reveal to want all of that space. Capcom probably has some announcements, and they may show off some things related to Resident Evil's 20th anniversary and other announcements they've hinted at but not talked much about.

These are just notes, but it all looks to be about as expected mostly.

SEGA Europe in particular
You know the GOOD SEGA
the one that gave us all thsoe cool PC ports?
You know, those guys and gals!

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
If the plans aren't final, it's kind of understandable.
It happened in 2014 too (under different circumstances though), and The ESA got a bit disgruntled then, asking the sites that published the early floor plans to either remove them or put up a disclaimer they weren't finished. I would have hoped if The ESA didn't want the floor plans up for public view, they would have chosen to have these resources behind a password.

Top Bottom