• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

user237

There's a reason I got the standard edition, haha.

For those of you playing, how does the game feel in terms of performance? Have you encountered any quest bugs, server instability, or crashing?

In 6 hours of playtime I experienced about 2 minutes of "weirdness" that I think was caused by server lag. I also had 2 or 3 instances of the UI getting locked up and having to reload the UI (same problem people had in the beta). I haven't seen any graphical problems or crashes to desktop.

I'd love to play this game again, really enjoyed the beta.
It's a shame it requires a monthly subscription after the game purchase, were it free after that instead I would buy an extra copy for a friend.

But, oh boy, I so want to play this... :(

To all those who already got it: have fun.

Played the opening 'Escape' sequence and it felt like an Elder Scrolls game to me. It ran surprisingly well too, considering my PC is probably very average (i5@3.10GHz, 8GB Ram, GTX460) and ESO default everything to 'high'.

Zacxx201

Banned
Enjoyed the beta as an archer, but the bugged quests and price-point turns me off. I'll pick it up when it goes F2P in a month.

Hawk269

Does the full game support controllers on PC?

No it does not support control pads at all. However, like someone else posted, there are Pinnacle Profiles that will allow controller support. I have spent the last few hours modifying the main one on Pinnacles site for my own liking. Basically, making it as close to Skyrim controller commands as I can, but then adding in the additional things for a MMO.

I am using a lot of double commands. For example, my Interact with a NPC and Interact with a Player are the same button. I programmed it so when I am engaging with a NPC I hit the "X" button since you will be doing a lot more of that, but when I want to interact with a human player I HOLD the "X" Button to issue that command.

So far, my set up is really good and intuitive. Movement is on the left thumbstick and I used the "Click In" of the left thumbstick to use as autorun. I have the right stick to look around as per normal, but used the click in to go in crouch/sneak. Got the guide button as my journal. If I can figure out how to post a screen shot of my set up I will.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Played the opening 'Escape' sequence and it felt like an Elder Scrolls game to me. It ran surprisingly well too, considering my PC is probably very average (i5@3.10GHz, 8GB Ram, GTX460) and ESO default everything to 'high'.
That's a decent machine. Compared to mine, it's high end. I couldn't even run ESO on low settings.

demonkaze

Must say, I'm really enjoying this game so far and I can't understand the amount of hate this is getting. Is it the greatest game ever made? No, but it's still better than the majority of MMOs out there and I find the skill system really refreshing. It's really nice to actually feel overwhelmed at all the possibilities of where to spend them and the create your own build feel to it.

On another note, I found myself hating Skyrim, just completely bored me no matter how many times I tried to get into it and i'm already enjoying this much more.

Typomancer

Neo Member
This game was a bore for me during multiple closed beta weekends. I got past the beginner island with one character, but couldn’t keep interested. Everything about the game just felt wrong from a Elder Scrolls standpoint, and gameplay-wise it felt lacking or, at the very least, extremely same-y to other MMOs before it.

And that’s the biggest problem besides the price point and subscription (which I really hate). Since it’s so much like other fantasy MMOs, why play this one in a flawed adaptation of the Elder Scrolls universe? There are others with more fantastical and more interesting worlds and aesthetics that are worth playing.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis

What's your characters name?

Darkmakaimura

Force's stream has been surprisingly civil so far. Helps that he is super knowledgeable about the game, too.
About a minute ago, someone asked him what he thought of the game and was it worth the subscription. He said, speaking for himself, that it is worth it. Looks like he's really enjoying the game.

WarMacheen

After playing the beta I was like "meh". Has anything chaned? Doubt it.

I'm watching some twitch streams and it looks ok, graphically.

styl3s

After playing the beta I was like "meh". Has anything chaned? Doubt it.

I'm watching some twitch streams and it looks ok, graphically.
If graphics are a selling point don't buy the game.

If you want something that's different, buy it. My only gripe with the game is that there is no grind or real option to grind and i know that's a relief to a lot of people but as someone who loves that aspect and who sometimes would rather grind enemies then do pointless quest it's a fucking bummer.

The leveling system is both great in some ways and terrible in others. Also, maybe i am overlooking something but getting gear in this game is fucking hard. I didn't even get a second weapon till level 6 because i couldn't afford one or find one. I eventually found a couple 2 handed stuff and broke them down and made a sword. Still don't have decent armor.

CaLe

I can get the standard edition for around 35$, but man... I'm afraid I'll hate not having a horse. The world is huge ! Running around is probably boring as hell.

I ran into a bug.

Entered combat while on my trusty steed. Upon dismount, I could not perform any skill or attack. I tried running away, but I couldn't sprint, so I died. It's day T minus 5, so I won't complain too much.

Day 1 impressions, I'm happy with it, and can't wait for my CE to get here. Am I going to drop 500+ hours into this game? Doubtful. But I assumed that going in. It's up to them to keep me hooked.

CaLe

I ran into a bug.

Entered combat while on my trusty steed. Upon dismount, I could not perform any skill or attack. I tried running away, but I couldn't sprint, so I died. It's day T minus 5, so I won't complain too much.

Day 1 impressions, I'm happy with it, and can't wait for my CE to get here. Am I going to drop 500+ hours into this game? Doubtful. But I assumed that going in. It's up to them to keep me hooked.

How necessary is a horse ? Can I still enjoy the game without one in the beginning ?

Charlatan

Neo Member
How necessary is a horse ? Can I still enjoy the game without one in the beginning ?

The horse is not a necessity. First off, it's a slow-ass horse so it's not like you're zipping by everyone. Secondly, when you harvest anything or jump over too big an obstacle, you dismount. Thirdly, the early quests you get will all involve stuff that's pretty close to you, so it's not like you're running for ages to get anywhere.

Even people who got this horse will definitely buy the faster horses when they get the cash, as it's not that good.

I played the beta, and I loved it.

The game has immersive combat, a crazy deep crafting system, a flexible skill system that doesn't lock you down into "paths" (I tried out a ranged, tanking rogue), and story/quests that imho don't feel very MMO-like.

Hawk269

Enjoying the game a lot more than I thought I would. I only did one Beta run and was a little iffy on the game. But the final game is really good. I am using a 360 controller using Pinnacle and a custom profile I have been modifying and it is working out pretty well. No major issues since this morning, but actual game time has not been too long since I have been tweaking my gamepad profile.

Visually, the game is really nice and the various changes to weather really adds to the look of the current area you are in. I was mainly playing in the rain and then the sun broke through and it looks pretty damn amazing. So far, the quests that I have played have been very good as well. Not sure if it was a glitch, but had a few of the NPC's not start out with voice, then on the next section they would have voice. Outside of that there has been no major issues.

Anyone else have a i5 2.66ghz quad core and are playing?

It's the weakest component of my rig and even though it was above recommended specs for GW2, that still ate my PC in populated areas. =/

Volimar

I think the server just crashed. Enjoying the game so far, but it's a lot easier using kb/m than pinnacle controller profile.

Hawk269

I think the server just crashed. Enjoying the game so far, but it's a lot easier using kb/m than pinnacle controller profile.

Same thing happened to me. Everyone was standing still and I could not do anything other than move around then it booted to the launcher showing a severe error. Had to stop playing anyways...loving the game!

Dawg

screenshot_20140331_08bzxp.png

One might think this is the face of a hero on his grand adventure through Tamriel.

It's not.

It's the face of a templar who has randomly dismounted from his mount over a hundred times and is thinking about putting it down.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I need to stop watching streams as its really making me want it and I refuse to pay £40 then £10 a month afterwards for ps4

Darkmakaimura

Damn, Bethesda closed off the ESO forums so it's only available for those who play the game. I was going there previously to see what people were thinking about the game and wanted to go there now to see how they feel about the final product.

No launch issues so far is very impressive for an MMO.
It's pre-release. The actual launch date may prove otherwise.

Top Bottom