• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls Online |OT| of THE MOST HYPED GAME EVER

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
So.. no one else made a Guild? D:

Guess I will, I just need a name.

Edit: Meh, just named it NeoGAF. Please join me so I wont be lonely. I'll need the characters name or ID.

docbon

I'm watching a stream and this actually looks...good?

I'm so confused.

Are you watching Force's stream?

I think it's going to be critical to get some sort of x day trial going on asap so people can determine whether it's worth playing without dropping 60-80 bux beforehand.

Edit: Meh, just named it NeoGAF. Please join me so I wont be lonely. I'll need the characters name or ID.

Do you want me to add the info to the OP?

Syf

Banned

Decided to buy it if only to try out the PVP for a month. I'll join if you're on NA, ID is Bisk and character name is Brego. Will be on in a bit.

Er.. can I join, I wonder lol. Do the factions matter for joining a guild? I'm Daggerfall.

demonkaze

What server are you on? I'd like to join if you're on the EU server.

Zalifer

Neo Member
I played one beta, and stopped. It was abysmal.

The biggest affront to me was the lack of open world. I would get if they had zones, no problem there, even for an MMO set in TES, one of the most well known loading screen free series.

But screw that. I just wanted to go see elsweyr, and instead I had to murder my way through a linear story, with awful combat.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Are you watching Force's stream?

I think it's going to be critical to get some sort of x day trial going on asap so people can determine whether it's worth playing without dropping 60-80 bux beforehand.

Do you want me to add the info to the OP?

Sure, why not.

The guild was made with Ebonheart Pact alliance? Does that limit who can join? It's NA too. My characters name is just Dega like here on GAF.

docbon

Sure, why not.

The guild was made with Ebonheart Pact alliance? Does that limit who can join? It's NA too. My characters name is just Dega like here on GAF.

Only guild members of the same alliance will be able to PVP with you. Aside from that, the guild is open to all factions. I have literally no idea how guild members of opposing factions can meet up with each other, though.

edit: Guild added to the OP. Do you want me to put your character info there too, so they can message you in-game?

Rafterman

Banned
As we've seen literally hundreds of times, what you don't have to buy can still affect you. The developer usually gives some kind of incentive to buy an item so they balance the game to annoy you just enough to buy in. So even if you don't buy, you're now playing a shittier game than you'd play without a cash shop.

See: Diablo 3 and its real-money auction house. Its very existence got Blizzard to balance the game so that high-end items would almost never drop in your game.

What does Diablo 3 have to do with an MMO? People point out the hundreds of times this has happened in a subscription based MMO. So, no, what you don't buy in an ESO or WoW item shop doesn't effect you in the slightest.

I think many think the average MMO as a bad game and that combined with the ES skin negativity would pour out.

There are a lot of ES fans who have hated this game since it was announced. And much like KotOR fans they've created a wave of negativity that even the best game couldn't get out of the way of. The reality is that quality of these games and the negative attention they both have gotten don't come close to adding up.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Only guild members of the same alliance will be able to PVP with you. Aside from that, the guild is open to all factions. I have literally no idea how guild members of opposing factions can meet up with each other, though.

edit: Guild added to the OP. Do you want me to put your character info there too, so they can message you in-game?

Yep

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Okay, gimme your character name~

ID: @Emenis
Character: Dega

Anyone got a spare 5 Day Early Access code? I've got a 3 day one with my pre-order, but I can't wait. I have no resolve :(

I do, my account is using the amazon early access I had before I cancelled and got from greenmangaming. Was holding on to it in case they removed it from my account or something. Don't think they will though. I suppose I can let you have it if you still looking.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Looks really bland. I'd of played if it didn't have a monthly fee or it did but you didn't need to pay £50

user237

How'd you guys do on the character name rush?

I missed out on all the super short names that I wanted but was able to get a couple less popular names (about 5-7 letters in length).

I'm mostly happy I got to have real names instead of Bob4444 or whatever.

docbon

twitch chats are hammering this game hard, yet the people who are playing it seem to be enjoying it.

It's just your standard stream monsters.

Towelliee did a contest where users would have to comment on some youtube video of his to have a chance at a copy of the game. Between the time he left for the bathroom and came back, there were almost 2k entries.

Really excited this finally came out....really bummed I won't get my video card back from RMA till Wednesday and I'll actually get to play.

For anyone who doesn't fully enjoy the combat, I highly recommend getting at least the scrolling combat text addon, and probably the healthbar addon. I had a friend go from not enjoying the game, to pre-ordering it after he tried out the addons.

Nibiru

Banned
The hyperbole attached to this game is pretty hilarious. That said it's actually not that bad and in fact I would probably give it a slight edge above many just because it does feel very different than pretty much every MMO out there.

Full disclosure I have not bought the game but played plenty of the beta.

-NeoTB1-

Twitch chat is pretty much always a cesspool.

Yep. I turn off the chat most of the time unless it's a streamer with a "community" I know.

The hyperbole attached to this game is pretty hilarious. That said it's actually not that bad and in fact I would probably give it a slight edge above many just because it does feel very different than pretty much every MMO out there.

I do find it pretty interesting how much this game is dragged through the mud. I can't really comment on specific concerns since I only played very little of the beta. Video reviews and streams have been fairly positive overall, though.

dubq

Jesus Christ.

RE: WOW-shop. Is it really that bad? I mean, these aren't essential items. If you have the money and want to spend it, then it's there for you. Not to mention that some of these items have charitable causes behind them that also receive a portion of the proceeds.

And how is it not like every other MMO out there? Because it pretty much had everything you get from most standard theme park MMOs, while removing most of what made ES titles unique.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
How'd you guys do on the character name rush?

I missed out on all the super short names that I wanted but was able to get a couple less popular names (about 5-7 letters in length).

I'm mostly happy I got to have real names instead of Bob4444 or whatever.

Keep in mind you have have more than 1 name, I think 4? So you can just add a last name if you want something cool. I didn't realize you could have spaces until after I made my character though.

Thanks for that, the guy seems pretty calm yet excited about the game; it's pretty contagious!

As someone whose been in beta since the end of last year, I can say it is an extremely fun game. I've gotten the opportunity to watch it grow from a game I really did not care for to something I greatly enjoy playing. I think most of the hate on the game comes from people who played for 5 minutes, didn't like it, uninstalled, and then bashed it on the forums, or from people who wanted Skyrim 2.0 with multiplayer and hated it as soon as it wasn't that.

Is it some huge game changer that will revolutionize the MMO industry? No. What it is, is an extremely fun game with a lot of value, which I also don't get why people keep saying its expensive. There are three unique experiences for leveling for each faction, and leveling is not quick at all. You are easily looking at probably close to 60-100 hours of game play per toon per faction if you just go straight PvE. Then you have the 24/7 persistent Cyrodiil on top of all of that. I've paid $60 for single player games that offer far less content than that, and I spent more than $15 buying a couple pizzas on Friday.

CoLaN

I'm watching a stream and this actually looks...good?

I'm so confused.

The game is good. The people playing the game actually like it. For some reason, the level of hyperbole and negativity in some communities reached pretty weird levels.

I played EVERY big (and many of the small) MMO that came out since DAOC, and i am enjoying this one a lot.

The fact that you can mix and match whatever you want skill wise is pretty awesome. You can be a sorcerer with a bow, an archer that heals, and a lot of others combinations. You can also mix different armor types for different skills and bonuses.

Exploring is fun: reading books on the shelves can give you skill points (for example, reading a book about heavy armor will raise your heavy armor skill), exploring every nook and cranny can make you find treasure chests with really good items, or hidden quests.

The quests are interesting, they are fully voiced and really varied.

The world is HUGE. The PvP is extremely deep, with a massive campaign, keeps to assault, leaderboards and the chance to become emperor for your faction.

I did read about people comparing this to FFXIV 1.0, and with all the respect i can have for opinions, this is a ridiculous statement.

docbon

I can't bring myself to play this game unless Docbon the All Mighty Beta Master buys it for me.

There's a reason I got the standard edition, haha.

For those of you playing, how does the game feel in terms of performance? Have you encountered any quest bugs, server instability, or crashing?

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
There's a reason I got the standard edition, haha.

For those of you playing, how does the game feel in terms of performance? Have you encountered any quest bugs, server instability, or crashing?

Crashed twice already, no bugs so far, runs pretty well on my computer which is getting kinda old. Only decent thing about my comp now is the GTX670.

Syf

Banned
I've had two quests so far I've been unable to complete because apparently they made only one spawn of the quest item available at a time. It's created a bottleneck of about fifteen people waiting around the objective to move on with the quest. :/

Aside from that I'm impressed. I don't notice any graphics or internet lag, and the game does look nice for an MMO. No crashes so far. Combat is fluid and fun with my Dragonknight.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
ar god you guys and this stream is really tempting me to get this

I'm considering the PS4 one though but I dunno how it plays. Expensive too at 50 quid then the monthly fee.

Cheapest place to get it?

Top Bottom