• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE EVIL WITHIN is the real deal! (UK Demo impressions)

Im for sure doing the same. Probably gonna run through Shadows of the Damned as well.

Yeah I've been dong a youtube playthrough of RE4 over the last few weeks. SOOOOO good. I have gone fairly slow to keep me from just running right through it. :D 4 more fulls weeks before the release at this point.

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah I've been dong a youtube playthrough of RE4 over the last few weeks. SOOOOO good. I have gone fairly slow to keep me from just running right through it. :D 4 more fulls weeks before the release at this point.

Rock on. PC version I take it?

By the way, if anyone can put an Evil Within logo on my avatar, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Rock on. PC version I take it?

By the way, if anyone can put an Evil Within logo on my avatar, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Yep PC version and let me see what I can whip up.

04bbNFV.png

Didn't want to cover up the face as that IS the avatar. So this is what I went with. Let me know what you think.

Have this baby + the season pass pre-ordered on pc. Really looking forward to dive in.

Also a big thank you to Dusk, Slasher and whoever else is posting info regarding the game.

It's gonna be a hard wait.

Paracelsus

REmake (followed few steps behind by RE4) was the last game in the genre nailing the feeling of guns. I wonder when devs forgot how to add that "oomph" to them.

Man, Tricky I havent seen you in ages. Seeing that Oprah gif practically brought a tear to my eye.

Yeah it's been too long man. I'm gonna plug in my PS4 when this game comes out, so hopefully I'll see you online more often and we can send giddy messages to each other about how great it is! :D

Doesn't have to be. TLOU had all those elements, and people didn't complain. I actually found it a bit funny from him saying how Mikami is about to school TPS designers, when practically everything he described going through reminded me of TLOU (I saw that OP later said he didn't play it).

To me TLOU seemed to be a lot more stealth based - at least around clickers. With TEW, stealth isn't an easier or better route, just one of many equally viable options. That's what makes it special.

Nemesis_

To me TLOU seemed to be a lot more stealth based - at least around clickers. With TEW, stealth isn't an easier or better route, just one of many equally viable options. That's what makes it special.

Are we sure, I would think stealth was better because you'll conserve your ammunition better.

Are we sure, I would think stealth was better because you'll conserve your ammunition better.

Yeah that's one of the big pluses, but if you get discovered at arms length from a enemy, you'll wish started the encounter a lot further away as it would put you at a severe disadvantage and you'll probably get grabbed.

Raptor

What would happen if insted of stealth there he shot that zombie point blank? Torso goes flying?

Nemesis_

What would happen if insted of stealth there he shot that zombie point blank? Torso goes flying?

There's a lot of dismemberment, I don't think it's the same extent as Dead Space but it's pretty violent.

Dead Space got a 15+ rating here, Evil WIthin has already been hit with an 18+. I assume that means there'll be a lot of blood and gore

but our rating system is wildly inconsistent

Raptor

There's a lot of dismemberment, I don't think it's the same extent as Dead Space but it's pretty violent.

Dead Space got a 15+ rating here, Evil WIthin has already been hit with an 18+. I assume that means there'll be a lot of blood and gore

That makes me happy hot damn!!

Makes me look crazy but I am not a psychopath that craves for blood and gore.

I just like good killing feedback, TLOU is incredibly satisfying on this aspect.

Sanctuary

I haven't played the demo, but I'm wondering how true this actually is. TLOU was almost entirely stealth based (I count the bow as stealth), at least if you were playing the smartest; and not using listening mode. Usually, in most games that have a stealth element that is at least adequately done, it's almost always the superior option.

The Evil Within |OT| Where Evil Truly Resides

That's the best one yet I think. Or just leave out the "Truly".

My contribution: The Evil Within |OT| No Giraffe Blowing Here

Yeah but keep in mind - we had no R18+ rating when Dead Space came out over here, so it definitely would have gotten an R18+ rating.

And I wouldn't underestimate The Evil Within's violence. I've already seen Sebastian explode, get his throat slit with a butchers knife etc.

The Evil Within |OT| Where Evil Truly Resides

Pretty sure this is locked in: The Evil Within IOTI Where'd everybody go? Tango?

Personally I still think this is the one to beat for the moment. Lots of people like it.

Shotgun? Sure (even then you want to aim at the head) . But pistol is not an option. By the time you get two or three headshots required to down one enemy, you'll already be swarmed.

Nemesis_

Yeah but keep in mind - we had no R18+ rating when Dead Space came out over here, so it definitely would have gotten an R18+ rating.

And I wouldn't underestimate The Evil Within's violence. I've already seen Sebastian explode, get his throat slit with a butchers knife etc.

I wasn't underestimating it at all, but other games that were gorey as fuck with regards to character deaths were denied classification (Silent Hill Homecoming, Dark Sector) and yet Dead Space was not. There were many reasons why it suits an MA15+ rating more so than an R18+ rating.

Nemesis_

Just a heads up I'm not entertaining any thread titles that make fun of or take jabs at Resident Evil, someone already asked me to do so and I think it's a reasonable request.

I haven't played the demo, but I'm wondering how true this actually is. TLOU was almost entirely stealth based (I count the bow as stealth), at least if you were playing the smartest; and not using listening mode. Usually, in most games that have a stealth element that is at least adequately done, it's almost always the superior option.

That's the best one yet I think. Or just leave out the "Truly".

My contribution: The Evil Within |OT| No Giraffe Blowing Here

Stealth in TEW is not at all reliable. There's no indicator or timer in getting caught. As soon as your in an enemy's line of sight, they are after you. In casual mode there is an indicator.

Great impressions, thanks for sharing!

I've never had any doubts about this game being great, but it's still nice to read the actual impressions. Now, if October 14th would just get here sooner...

Top Bottom