• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-1ufa67.gif

That looks quite long to me. I wonder if it will be an easy overtake or if we'll (hopefully) get good defending on T1.

I wish Bahrain was in F1 2011. I'd like to do a few laps... it's a fun track to drive.

You're absolutely right. I Can also post pics to show that things are hunky dory but I'm trying to show you what's not on the news things are pretty calm and we are out now in seef area. Will go to the rugby club later for a couple of pints. It's in budaya area near Saar where it is supposedly scary.

It's just that few things are happening inside the villages where no one goes except the ones living there

_machine

Oh wow...
untitled-2yekq3.gif

Glad things aren't quite as bad there as some of the news make it seem like, just hope the everything goes well this weekend.

xptoxyz

Bahrain Weekend Timetable, GP2 is back.

WEST(GMT+1) Times - all from F1, GP2 and respective UK broadcasters sites.

Fri 20 April 2012 said:
F1 Practice 1 - 08:00
SKY F1 - 07:45​
GP2 Practice - 09:55
SKY F1 - 09:55​
F1 Practice 2 - 12:00
SKY F1 - 11:45​
GP2 Qualifying - 13:55
SKY F1 - 13:55​

Sat 21 April 2012 said:
F1 Practice 3 - 09:00
SKY F1 - 08:45​
F1 Qualifying - 12:00
SKY F1 - 11:00

BBC ONE Highlights - 17:20​
GP2 Race 1 - 13:40
SKY F1 - 13:40​

Sun 22 April 2012 said:
GP2 Race 2 - 08:35
SKY F1 - 08:35​
F1 Race - 13:00
SKY F1 - 11:30

BBC ONE Highlights - 17:00​

ANDY_098

Ferrari only uses three threads to hold the wheels on. :eek:

I'm actually surprised that other teams use considerably more, a pretty simple way to cut the time of pitstops. Other teams using so many is probably a relic from the refuelling days where tyre changes could be much slower.

Hope you have a good weekend jerk, on and off the track ;)

thanks buddy.. I'm home and its 1am Bahrian time now. my phone died while I was taking pictures on the way home. Bany jamra and doraz were active we tried to slow down to take pics but police were yelling at us to move. sotty I could'nt take pics :(

was reallt fun then we went from the rugby club to motorox cafe, its my favourite place in bahrain full of racing fans stuff and we had sheesha (hubly bubbly)

we're staying very close to the action area but tonight is quite according to my friend we're thikning its becasue of their leader coming out with a statement that the protesters would never want to harm anyone from formua 1 they're against the race but not the personel involved

last night, according to my firend. was vheated and there was some tear gas but not tinhg
t

I'm going to sleep had so much to drink and smoe, I'll skip practice one i'll go to practice two

its a shame kangaroo tv shitheads are not here in bahrain. how amn I going to wath the race???!!!

fuckers

goodnight

ANDY_098

ANDY_098

Leunam

Edmond Dantès;37107080 said:
Massa looks so downcast. :(

Before the race last week, SPEED showed a brief history of Massa in F1, how he went from a winning Ferrari driver, to his accident, and then where we are now. Really made me feel pretty bad about his terrible turn of events. Can't bring myself to really poke fun at him anymore.

Xun

Before the race last week, SPEED showed a brief history of Massa in F1, how he went from a winning Ferrari driver, to his accident, and then where we are now. Really made me feel pretty bad about his terrible turn of events. Can't bring myself to really poke fun at him anymore.
Neither can I.

mclaren777

If this comes to fruition then it would be a big boost for Canadian/American drivers hoping to break into F1. I'd expect a few more drivers to be on the verge of F1 after a few years of this series, even more likely if the winner of this series is given a Super Licence as with some other F3 series from around the world.

I doubt it will give US/CAN drivers any meaningful progress. Most of the really talented guys know how important it is to compete in the Euro F3 championship because it gives them experience on numerous F1 tracks and it puts them in greater contact with GP3/GP2 teams.

dalin80

Banned
One of my mechanical engineering friends always said that threaded connections only need 3 full revolutions to achieve full mechanical strength. Looks like they were right.

If memory serves each thread added only adds half the support that the previous one does so you quickly run out of use as long as the material you are screwing into has enough strength to support the loading put open it, 3 threads in a aluminium block for a head bolt isnt strong enough and the ally thread would simply fail.

Nolan.

It's mildly amusing looking at the lap charts with the top positions all Brits and Germans ha, also interesting Force India ran the option tyre so soon.

Hackbert

mhh seems to be a Mclaren weekend. that's what my stomach says after their performance this morning. And Mercs doing a lot of laps (Rosberg) testing tire-degree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom