• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2012 Season |OT| The Year of the...uh...Platypus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris R

Joined in for the first time. It says I need to buy everything to get points i.e. two drivers, one chassis, one engine and one fuel. Is it necessary or can I avoid buying a few items? Shit's expensive! :p

You have to have a full team. Sucks for the first few races, but if you pick well (and nail the bets) you get enough money to upgrade beyond the backmarkers.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Joined in for the first time. It says I need to buy everything to get points i.e. two drivers, one chassis, one engine and one fuel. Is it necessary or can I avoid buying a few items? Shit's expensive! :p
You need a complete team to be able to compete. You needn't worry though as you'll soon be making enough money to buy better elements.

Ark

Just a reminder that the bets are up for the F1RaceManager league right now, but the bonus question has yet to go up still.

Shaneus

So, how late can we submit to f1racemanager?

Anyway, Vitalyyyyy:
z6BXf.jpg

Also, there's Caterham Kovi merch but no Vitalyyyy merch :( It's also funny that merch-wise, Schumi has his own stall as well as Mercedes :lol

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, only a couple of days to go now.

Picked my F1 Race Manager team, which, if last season is anything to go by, will start well then dive bomb mid season.

So, who else is up for the Practice on Friday, aside from Aus-GAF?

I'll need to make a new Steam group too methinks, the chat last year, when we had the people was great.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware

Picked my F1 Race Manager team, which, if last season is anything to go by, will start well then dive bomb mid season.

I'll need to make a new Steam group too methinks, the chat last year, when we had the people was great.
Is there anything that can top your F1 avatar from last year??
Looking forward to see what can possibly happen that gives another car vault.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Is there anything that can top your F1 avatar from last year??
Looking forward to see what can possibly happen that gives another car vault.

Best picture ever. <3 Petrov, the crazy Russian.

Anyway, this year is looking so tight with the regs largely unchanged and the differentiator of last year (The off throttle issues etc) removed. I can't wait to see just who is going to be on top at the first race.

Rain dance time, I'm sure Jenson is doing the same

Chris R

I'll be watching practice for sure if SPEED is doing a live stream of the world feed for P1 and P3 like they did last year. Would be nice if they would show it on TV as well but oh well, can't have everything I guess.

fogberto

Neo Member
Hey Shaneus, is there any decent Redbull or Mclaren merch being flogged?

I was planning on getting a polo from the Redbull website, because they look great, but it didn't end up happening. I looked on the Australian GP website and all the official GP merch is woeful.

ANDY_098

I'll definitely be up for FP1. FP2 depends on how tired I am and how much work I need to get done on the Friday.

25 and a half hours until the start of FP1!

Mobius 1

I'm so fucking pumped for this.

Already made my picks on F1 Manager. I will be sure to be more diligent about it this year.

ANDY_098

So, Sky will repeat entire buildup/race/postrace at 9:30AM [GMT] on Sunday?

Looks that way. The replay show is the same length as the live show - 4hrs30mins. They are showing the replay twice, 9:30 and 14:30.

Shortened highlights are on later in the evening.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Thought this would come in handy this season; scavenged from an old post of mine in the initial 2011 thread, which is hilarious at times. Good memories.

The Grand Chelem list.

Clark - 8
Ascari - 5
Schumacher - 5
Senna - 4
Mansell - 4
Stewart - 4
Piquet - 3
Fangio - 2
Brabham - 2
Hakkinen 2
Moss - 2
Lauda - 1
Regazzoni - 1
Ickx - 1
Hawthorn - 1
Siffert - 1
Laffite - 1
Villeneuve - 1
Berger - 1
Hill - 1
Alonso - 1
Vettel - 1

The Grand Chelem entails a perfect weekend; pole position, race win, fastest lap and leading the race without losing the lead including pitstops.

Some of the most compelling evidence in favour of Jim Clark been the greatest Formula One driver of all time.

Alonso achieved his first in 2010 and Vettel claimed his in 2011. Who's next I wonder.

Caramello

Not sure if I can make it to the track tomorrow but if I can, would anybody be interested in me uploading some videos from turns 11 and 12? I'll try my best to get one of the speed comparison if you guys want.

Clegg

I'm looking to get back into F1 after not really watching for the last few years. I only watched a few races last season and it struck me how far behind Ferrari were against Red Bull.

Do Ferrari look like they have a competent car this year?

I'm looking to get back into F1 after not really watching for the last few years. I only watched a few races last season and it struck me how far behind Ferrari were against Red Bull.

Do Ferrari look like they have a competent car this year?

quite the contrary, but they could be sandbagging.

All teams are saying this year is going to be closer than last year, so it should be interesting.

only 24hrs (unless it was raining) to see some genuine pace in Melbourne, where we will be able to draw some realistic predictions of the pecking order

If by competent you mean towards the front of the grid, sure. If you mean fighting for a championship I'd say probably not. I could see Mercedes maybe starting to fight with Ferrari, but I have to imagine they'll be a solid third, leaving Red Bull and McLaren competing at the front.

Not sure if I can make it to the track tomorrow but if I can, would anybody be interested in me uploading some videos from turns 11 and 12? I'll try my best to get one of the speed comparison if you guys want.

try to enjoy the race and don't bother with taking vids/pics.. Just make sure to take some pics with you in them.. I almost always forget to do that :p

Clegg

So whats happened to Ferrari? Have their engineers just fallen behind the competition or have Red Bull and Mc Claren moved ahead?

So whats happened to Ferrari? Have their engineers just fallen behind the competition or have Red Bull and Mc Claren moved ahead?

Their engineers just haven't really delivered since the 2009 regulation changes. Not on the level that they used to anyway.

Shaneus

Wish you were here, F1 GAF. Seriously.

Fogberto: all the RB gear is nice but WAY overpriced. Good to see that the Wibbah cap I bought from the RBR online not a month ago was the 2011 one and is already outdated :/

Acrid: Don't remember seeing a Sauber merch stand :(

FV: I'll find Webber's hotel room and sort that out tonight for ya.

Bonus:
Petrov HQ
For comparison, HRT trololol
Ricciardo's big, ugly nose
Button's ride, right before some pit crew practice/showing off
*sigh*
Got a stack more pics from the pit walk (and will get some more this arvo's one) but its a right cunt to post from my phone. This one took around 30 mins while the V8s belted around!

dubc35

text/pics
Awesome! F1 GAF FTW! My unsolicited opinion is take pics but enjoy yourself. You can always upload them after the GP. ....but if you have some extra time, forcing Webba to post on gaf from your phone would be a reasonable request.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom