• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

Trailer for Katy's Part of Me video is up. It looks really OTT (going to war over Russell Brand, really?) and like it was made with the creation of stan wars gifs in mind.

See, this is what is keeping me from being on board with Part of Me.

Just knowing it's about Russel Brand.

Did anybody ever actually care that she was dating him? Or even looked up when they were married? Was that ever a thing?

I feel like she's trying to turn this Russel Brand breakup into a "thing." Who really cares?

See, this is what is keeping me from being on board with Part of Me.

Just knowing it's about Russel Brand.

Did anybody ever actually care that she was dating him? Or even looked up when they were married? Was that ever a thing?

I feel like she's trying to turn this Russel Brand breakup into a "thing." Who really cares?
Apparently it was written/recorded a few years ago (which explains how dated it sounds) and didn't make the original Teenage Dream album (which explains how derivative it sounds) and now they've rewritten/recorded it with a new line alluding to a diamond ring to capitalize on the divorce (which explains how desperate it all seems).

8pTSy.gif

I did like the snippet of Wide Awake though! It sounds like Teenage Dream part 2.

Koodo

Banned
I recently purchased Adele's concert DVD of her performance at the Royal Albert Hall. Love it.
I haven't seen that concert yet, except for the Set Fire To The Rain performance which I felt was flat.

Her iTunes Festival concert though? Flawless.

Mumei

I haven't seen that concert yet, except for the Set Fire To The Rain performance which I felt was flat.

Her iTunes Festival concert though? Flawless.

The Set Fire To the Rain performance wasn't that amazing, but her banter and self-deprecation during the concert is just charming.

I think it took place around the time she was having those throat problems or whatever it was exactly (I wasn't following that whole saga that closely); if so that's probably why she sounds a bit scratchy / deeper. I wish she wouldn't dodge some of her highs, though. That's the best part of Set Fire to the Rain!

I want to like Adele considering her talent, but her music is just not my thing. I mean, her "girl power" songs like Fire to the Rain and Rolling in the Deep are nice singalongs, but her CD's are so boring overall.... :-/ My dad plays them all the time, and after a while it all just sounds like she's whining and crying.

/hate

Still though, since she's talented, I can't bring myself to dislike her.

Mumei

I want to like Adele considering her talent, but her music is just not my thing. I mean, her "girl power" songs like Fire to the Rain and Rolling in the Deep are nice singalongs, but her CD's are so boring overall.... :-/ My dad plays them all the time, and after a while it all just sounds like she's whining and crying.

/hate

Still though, since she's talented, I can't bring myself to dislike her.

'sokay.

I wouldn't even think of them as girl power songs if I hadn't been told the backstory, though.

Who do you like?

Ryaaan14

Banned

royalan

birthdaycake.jpg

Is this actually the official cover? If so, amazing!

Not the real album cover. This photo is from a shoot she did for GQ during the Loud era.

6jWWJ.jpg

And M.I.A. could never...

Geez, did I really just dust off my Rihanna Navy membership card?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
So I was mostly joking when I brought up Mya's theoretical comeback a few pages back, but come to find out, she's actually been releasing some pretty solid albums in Japan for a few years now and is now looking to do another US album soon. I'm especially digging the Jpop/Kpop-styled sound DJ Komori (who recently worked with Cassie) whipped up on this track: "Alive"

I know I'm super late, but I finally heard Minaj's "Super Bass" over the weekend on a car ride back home. All I could think was "is this it?"

My knowledge of Justin Bieber and Minaj are luckily minimal, but I always thought that Superbass could just as well have been a Bieber song.

Can't you hear that boom boom boom boom boom super bass.

Baby baby baby oooooh baby baby baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom