• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GAF POP |OT| of Diversity, Hidden Talent, and Stan Wars

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

tumblr_lt5fldXdvC1qkh0dd.gif

wRIxj.gif

Nemesis_

Why anyone would stan for such a tundra of talent and charisma.

Why would people stan for women bashers?

I wish I could shade Gaga as well as you. But I guess you're better at it since the comparisons between your fave and her never cease.

I think the comparisons are valid, for sure, but I also think that Madonna was not completely original herself. Everyone builds upon everyone at some point. I love Gaga. I think The Fame Monster was an absolutely amazing EP. I don't really know what else to say. APPARENTLY HAVING YOUR OWN OPINION IS NOT VALID. Phono hates her for obvious reasons and I don't think he's wrong for that, I acknowledge that most of the fan base is just dreadful but at the same time I think there's a notable difference between the age groups which would explain it quite a bit.

I prefer Lady Gaga as a person though. Madonna to me, while she does write and perform so damn well, is incredibly catty and I hate the way she carries herself. That interview where she called Gaga reductive - I lost a lot of respect for her not so much for the reductive statements but more so for the statements about cooking. To me that came off as incredibly snobbish. That whole flower-from-a-fan video also disgusted me.

But in the end, I like them both. They're both great and have killer music. I don't like building animosity between the two and I suppose even if I do in here it's all in good non-serious fun.

Mumei

I was just looking at my parents' CD collection and noticed that my dad has a copy of Madonna's Immaculate Collection.

Why anyone would stan for such a tundra of talent and charisma.

Don't you stan for the girl who doesn't sing, dance, write, produce, compose, or otherwise contribute meaningfully in her career?

Mumei

Hold the phone.

I know GAF's premier Madonna stan is not shading anybody on vocals...

While there is no room for Madonna fans to shade Mariah's vocals, she is better than the Rihannas, Lanas, Taylor Swifts, Justin Biebers, etc. of the world. So they are fair game.

While there is no room for Madonna fans to shade Mariah's vocals, she is better than the Rihannas, Lanas, Taylor Swifts, Justin Biebers, etc. of the world. So they are fair game.
The very implication that Bieber can't actually sing is just laughable and frankly embarrassing for you. It's the one single thing why he even has a career.

Nemesis_

"Has anyone seen my ticket sales?"

ibvLQO4VdGniCY.gif

Has anyone seen my Golden Globe?

ibvLQO4VdGniCY.gif

Shit, beaten

The very implication that Bieber can't actually sing is just laughable and frankly embarrassing for you. It's the one single thing why he even has a career.

Wait, so someone legitimately supports Chris Brown and Bieber?

Are you Chris Brown?

Link me to these quality vocals.

ibvLQO4VdGniCY.gif

Easily POP-GAFs most usable GIF

Cynosure

I've been watching old Holy Spearit videos. SO FLAWLESS. Truly the most beautiful Pop Queen who has ever lived, on this or any other planet in the entire universe.

Exhibit A: Don't let me be the last to know
Exhibit B: Born to make you happy
Exhibit C: I'm not a girl, not yet a woman

Your breath, it is taken.

I admit she had the young girl-next-door look better than her pop peers at the time, but Christina blossomed into a glam goddess and Broken Spearit's youthful glow quickly dimmed down (along with her stage presence, personality, sales.....a shit-tier in every category)

Baby Jane outranks all in the looks department.
Post any pic of your fav all dressed up looking their best at an event, and I'll trump it.

eesGC.jpg

dont try it, your favs can never.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom