• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015 Nominees announced [Full list in OP]

Bloodborne, MGSV and Witcher 3 would all personally be in my Top 5 at the moment.

Haven't played Fallout 4 or SMM yet, but I just bought both today so I will soon.

Seems like a good list.

Wingus

Mario Maker is superb. It certainly would be my pick for Wii U GOTY over any others released this year.

FO4 is my other favourite.

Kouriozan

Putting Mario Maker just for the sake of having a Nintendo game, lol, it has no chances to win.
The others are a good choice.

Ahh, the yearly AAA-games popularity contest!

The quality across the board is at least a massive step up from last year. At least 3 games up here is deserving of a GOTY nomination.

(Unlike last year, Bayonetta was the only thing that deserved to be on the list and it didn't even win.)

myco666

The Best Fighting Game category is sad. Not because the games are bad or anything but because 2015 was so dry for the genre that a failed 2v2 brawler and an incomplete beta take up half the spots.

Wasn't GGXrd last year release also? And lack of Skullgirls is baffling.

So? Does the free DLC released afterwards and automatically available to everyone not count?

Yeah but Splatoon became robust with free downloadable content WITHIN THE YEAR.

Where the fuck is Rocket League, too? That game is going to be timeless.

So. You guys want a possible reason there it is. Mario Maker was better at launch.

Has nothing to do with how much I like Splatoon but if I had to pick one at launch its an easy question.

Yes.

Shooters Nominees:

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
Destiny: The Taken King
Halo 5: Guardians
Splatoon
Star Wars Battlefront

Hope I'm not souding too bias but Splatoon is the freshest. Would be fun to see Nintendo win Shooter categories instead of usual suspect.

This might be one of the best years in history for shooters/FPS. All great games. Glad Splatoon is in there.

hamchan

It really isn't. The thing with Mario Maker is that while it's a fantastic Mario course editor, as an actual game, there's a lot left to be desired.

Splatoon is the complete package.

I disagree but I don't think this is the thread to have a big argument over Splatoon vs Mario Maker. Just wanted to let you know it's not some cut and dry obvious thing, especially when both games are brilliant.

I'd much rather they cut Fallout 4 from the noms and have both Mario Maker and Splatoon on it.

nib95

Banned
Witcher 3 should run away with this award.

Bloodborne is the better and more polished game imo. But I'd be happy with either pick. Tbh, this year has actually been really solid. That GOTY line up is testament to that.

Had the whole malarkey not happened with Konami/Kojima and affected the overall consistency of MGSV, I think it would have taken it.

Nairume

Banned
Hahaha

Rise of Incarnates is nominated for best fighting game.

The game that is being shut down within two weeks of the VGAs.

Boke1879

Tough choice between Witcher 3 and MGSV for me. Leaning towards MGSV because it's the game I've spent the most time on this year.

AdanVC

Wow I own both games and Splatoon desserves the GOTY nominee way more than Mario Maker... Oh well.

MGSV will win.

Edit: At least Splatoon is on the best shooter category. The meltdowns would be crazy good if Splatoon ends up winning that category. "Nintendo wins on best shooter category!"

mcw

Don't want to make this sound like an echo chamber but...yeah.

Should've been Splatoon.

Splatoon's great, and it's a testament to how good a game it is that folks are saying it should have been the nominee. But the level of enjoyment I've gotten from Mario Maker is something else, even when I'm not playing the game-- thanks to stuff like the Patrick Klepek and Dan Ryckert feud.

Guri

Life Is Strange deserved to be nominated for Best Soundtrack and Game of the Year too. But Best Narrative and Best Performance are really well deserved.

Slixshot

Banned
1. Bloodborne
2. No Mans Sky
3. CD Projekt

We all know Rocket League is the real GOTY.

Ma MAN
q19B9.gif

Loakum

Banned
I just want to say...Life is Strange deserves to be an nominee for GOTY. In fact, it more deserves to be there than Mario Maker (IMO)

Cloyster

Banned
You can tell the GOTY list is based entirely on hype when Fallout 4 is there despite being out less than a week.

It was the same with Inquistion. Neogaf and every site had TONS of people praising everything about that game weeks in, and now, I can't turn my head on this site without seeing a new person shit on it. I suspect the same for Fallout this time next year.

DarkTom

Most Anticipated Nominees:

Horizon: Zero Dawn
The Last Guardian
No Man's Sky
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
No Man's Sky.

Wow Sony exclusives or console exclusives only. 2016 will be crazy on PS4. The typo for No Man's Sky appearing twice is maybe not a Sony exclusive though, but it could still be FFVII remake.

We all know Rocket League is the real GOTY.

It's mine for sure, but I don't see it winning that kind of show.

Top Bottom