• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2016 Nominees announced [Update: Full list in OP]

5olid_5nake

Shame that The Last Guardian won't have the chance to compete this year. Out of all GOTY contenders, only one that I haven't played was Uncharted. But still, I hope that Doom wins, if not for the sole reason of a fantastic comeback for id Software.

Also, Dark Souls III was robbed.

Crixus

I didn't play any of the goty contenders, lel! I bought Doom's collector's edition though, so I guess yay Doom, go Doom!

My guesses are:

GOTY

Overwatch

BEST STUDIO/GAME DIRECTION

Blizzard

BEST NARRATIVE

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

BEST ART DIRECTION

Firewatch

BEST MUSIC/SOUND DESIGN

Doom

BEST PERFORMANCE

Nolan North as Nathan Drake, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

GAMES FOR IMPACT AWARD

That Dragon, Cancer

BEST INDEPENDENT GAME

Inside

BEST MOBILE/HANDHELD GAME

Fire Emblem Fates

BEST VR GAME

Rez Infinite

BEST ACTION GAME

Doom

BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE GAME

Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

BEST ROLE-PLAYING GAME

Dark Souls 3

BEST FIGHTING GAME

Killer Instinct Season 3

BEST FAMILY GAME

Ratchet & Clank

BEST STRATEGY GAME

Civilization VI

BEST SPORTS/RACING GAME

Forza Horizon 3

BEST MULTIPLAYER GAME

Titanfall 2 (just to throw EA a bone)...should be Overwatch

SirNinja

Wow, INSIDE getting a lot of well-deserved love in these noms.

I really hope AM2R wins Best Fan Creation. Nintendo need to see that this is the kind of Metroid people actually want to play.

For the love of god, please no Kojima. Only, but only if he hassomething concrete to show. Tired of him being pimped around at stage shows without substance.

For the love of god, please no Kojima. Only, but only if he was something concrete to show. Tired of him being pimped around at stage shows without substance.

The Award of the Rope and Stick Utilization in Video Game Theory

Nominees-

HIDEO KOJIMA
HIDEO KOJIMA
HIDEO KOJIMA
HIDEO KOJIMA
HIDEO KOJIMA

Hopefully Titanfall 2 sales increase as a result of it just being nominated for GOTY, I would sure like for it to succeed. I support a developer that says F the status quo, we are doing things differently! It's a good change of pace from Activision pumping CoD full micro F'ing transactions.

LB

BEST ACTION GAME

Battlefield 1
Doom
Gears of War 4
Overwatch
Titanfall 2

BEST ACTION/ADVENTURE GAME

Dishonored 2
Hitman
Hyper Light Drifter
Ratchet & Clank
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End
Abysmal year for action games. They just basically had to rename the shooter category to action since we didn't really had any traditional action title :(

imjust1n

Banned
Doom and overwatch for me I honestly didn't play the others but I can see uncharted 4 winning it was said to be a great ending.

imjust1n

Banned
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Red Dead Redemption 2
God of War

From that most anticipated games of next year those are mine in order

Melchiah

At least DS3 wasn't robbed at Golden Joystick awards.

v23L3Yc.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/darksouls/

Melchiah

What goes Ultimate game of the year mean ? Game of the year ?

Well deserved.Even if its not the profound masterpiece Bloodborne was.

I don't know. I didn't have time to watch the stream today.

I voted DS3 in several categories of the Golden Joystick awards, so it's good to see it did good there.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I hope they are talking about Doom's music and not the sound design.

The sound mixing in Doom is some of the worst I've ever heard in a AAA game (Wolfenstein being the worst).

Cyclone

What do people see in DOOM? While the combat is great, the campaign just keeps throwing enemies at you. I was bored after half an hour. They should have separated the combat sections with exploration parts, or even puzzles idk. Anything.

Or just make the campaign 3 hours but make the combat encounters way over the top. Doing the same thing for 8 hours almost killed me.

What do people see in DOOM? While the combat is great, the campaign just keeps throwing enemies at you. I was bored after half an hour. They should have separated the combat sections with exploration parts, or even puzzles idk. Anything.

Or just make the campaign 3 hours but make the combat encounters way over the top. Doing the same thing for 8 hours almost killed me.
Agreed, my friend lent it to me and I returned it 2 days later. It got boring real quick.

Nokterian

DOOM did something what others shooter had missed in recent years and it is simple..also it is non linear that's the beauty of it. Not a linear campaign with cinematics..doom guy does all the opposite of every shooter today.

doom__rip_and_tear_by_kracov-d89tbvk.png

RoKKeR

Scrolled by a quick Periscope by Geoff just now on Twitter – said there will be sales across platforms tied to the event, announcements tomorrow regarding reveals/performances, Bosman on the show at some point.

No Mtn Dew or Doritos.

AAMARMO

Banned
Bump: List of new trailer/gameplay footage confirmed for The Game Awards 2016.

• Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Prey
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

SamNW

Game of the Year: Doom, Inside, Overwatch, Titanfall 2, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Will Win: Inside
Should Win: Inside
Could Win: Overwatch

Best Studio/Game Direction: Blizzard, DICE, id Software, Naughty Dog, Respawn

Will Win: Blizzard
Should Win: id Software
Could Win: Naughty Dog

Best Narrative: Firewatch, Inside, Mafia III, Oxenfree, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Will Win: Firewatch
Could Win: Mafia III

Best Art Direction: Abzû, Firewatch, Inside, Overwatch, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Could Win: Firewatch

Best Music/Sound Design: Battlefield 1, Doom, Inside, Rez Infinite, Thumper

Will Win: Thumper
Could Win: Battlefield 1

Best Performance: Alex Hernandez as Lincoln Clay (Mafia III), Cissy Jones as Delilah (Firewatch), Emily Rose as Elena (Uncharted 4), Nolan North as Nathan Drake (Uncharted 4), Rich Sommer as Henry (Firewatch), Troy Baker as Sam (Uncharted 4)

Will Win: Nolan North
Should Win: Emily Rose
Could Win: Cissy Jones

Games for Impact Award: 1979 Revolution, Block'Hood, Orwell, Sea Hero Quest, That Dragon Cancer

Will Win: That Dragon, Cancer
Should Win: 1979 Revolution
Could Win: Orwell

Best Independent Game: Firewatch, Hyper Light Drifter, Inside, Stardew Valley, The Witness

Should Win: Inside or The Witness
Could Win: The Witness

Best Mobile/Handheld Game: Clash Royale, Fire Emblem Fates, Monster Hunter Generations, Pokémon Go, Severed

Will Win: Pokémon Go
Should Win: Severed
Could Win: N/A

Best VR Game: Batman: Arkham VR, Eve Valkyrie, Job Simulator, Rez Infinite, Thumper

Will Win: Batman: Arkham VR
Should Win: Thumper
Could Win: Thumper

Best Action Game: Battlefield 1, Doom, Gears of War 4, Overwatch, Titanfall 2

Will Win: Doom
Should Win: Doom
Could Win: Titanfall 2

Best Action/Adventure Game: Dishonored 2, Hitman, Hyper Light Drifter, Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted 4: A Thief's End

Will Win: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Should Win: Hitman
Could Win: Hitman

Best RPG: Dark Souls III, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Blood and Wine, World of Warcraft: Legion, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Will Win: Dark Souls III
Should Win: Blood and Wine
Could Win: Blood and Wine

Best Fighting Game: Killer Instinct Season 3, King of Fighters XIV, Pokken Tournament, Street Fighter V

Will Win: Pokken Tournament
Should Win: Street Fighter V
Could Win: Street Fighter V

Best Family Game: Dragon Quest Builders, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Pokémon Go, Ratchet & Clank, Skylanders: Imaginators

Will Win: Ratchet & Clank
Should Win: Ratchet & Clank
Could Win: Pokémon Go

Best Strategy Game: Civilization VI, Fire Emblem Fates, The Banner Saga 2, Total War: Warhammer, XCOM 2

Will Win: XCOM 2
Should Win: Civilization VI
Could Win: Civilization VI

Best Sports/Racing Game: FIFA 17, Forza Horizon 3, MLB The Show 16, NBA 2K17, PES 2017

Will Win: NBA 2K17
Should Win: MLB The Show 16
Could Win: Forza Horizon 3

Best Multiplayer Game: Battlefield 1, Gears of War 4, Overcooked, Overwatch, Rainbow Six: Siege, Titanfall 2

Will Win: Overwatch
Should Win: Overwatch
Could Win: N/A

Nothing to say about the eSports categories, Trending Gamer, or Fan Creation.

Most Anticipated Game: God of War, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Mass Effect: Andromeda, Red Dead Redemption 2, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Will Win: Horizon Zero Dawn
Mine: Horizon Zero Dawn
Could Win: Breath of the Wild

Top Bottom