• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2020 to feature ‘a dozen-plus games announced / revealed for the first time’

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
I'm sure they all will be amazing games like every year.

eye-roll-gifs-nNBSRc.gif

A number doesn't mean much. The eShop has a dozen games release a week, but usually none of them are even worth mentioning.

If these end up being big AAA games, then we have something.

Eric187

Banned
Maybe we’ll get lucky since we’re devoid of conferences this year with a new generation maybe we’ll actually get something cool and not the craptacular junk of the past few years. This is your last chance Geoff!

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Keighly always does this shit and i always end up disappointed

I'd expect a much stronger than usual turnout. Given how this last year has panned out, its a golden opportunity to get exposure for your game/platform. I can see both Sony and MS to aggressively want to make their presences known.

Playstation is bound to be there with so many of their titles represented and so will want to make a big statement going forwards. Xbox on the other hand really needs to start showing evidence of progress with their recent acquisitions, because if not peoples memories are short. And frankly, they need a boost against Sony and Nintendo.

Valt7786

While i'd love for that list to be full of big time exclusives/megatitles, lets face it, it's gonna be a dozen plus shitty indie titles, 1 decent looking indie title and IF...IF we're lucky maybe something on what The Initiative is doing.

I hope im wrong though and im showered in post-show Silent Hill, MGS remake, God of War etc flavoured jizz droplets.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
As always, this show is all hype with no real payoff. I will say last year was surprising if only to see Microsoft announce the Xbox Series X there (along with Hellblade 2).

It's also way too long.

I still watch it though, because it's entertaining. So bring it on!

DonF

Cool, I'm hyped. We had no e3 and a console launch yet we had little to no games this year.

Yoboman

My feeling is the pope would be hyping it into the stratosphere if there was anything crazy exciting

Hunnybun

There's bound to be good stuff this year.

Sony alone has loads of stuff they need to show more of or even announce. Ratchet is out soon and we haven't seen that much of it. GT7 and Returnal are also due pretty soon and we've seen almost nothing of them.

God of War is due a proper reveal. There's heavy rumours of a MGS game and this Silent Hill project. You could make a case for Horizon 2 gameplay.

Microsoft NEED to show something, although whether they've got anything ready, who knows.

Then there's stuff like Elden Ring, Bayonetta 3, BOTW 2, and Metroid Prime 4 which we've all been waiting years for.

I'll be amazed if there aren't at least 3 or 4 really big showings. I mean, when's the next big event, anyway? E3? That's fucking ages off, if it even happens. This seems like the perfect time and stage for some big reveals.

Dunki

Only in a Sony event, why show big cards here?
They actually showed first PS5 footage there. Sony and Microsoft using the Gameawards was big announcements and trailers all the time. MS even did debut their new XBOX there

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Can anyone name me a time when TGS have dropped a megaton like some of the ones folks are hoping for in this thread?

They actually showed first PS5 footage there. Sony and Microsoft using the Gameawards was big announcements and trailers all the time. MS even did debut their new XBOX there
They only showed the design of the console, it was known at least a year before but they did show the first trailer of Hellblade 2.

I’m hoping they’ve made major progress to show more HB2 or have held back on some first party to show at the awards.

FranXico

My feeling is the pope would be hyping it into the stratosphere if there was anything crazy exciting
He'll probably spend the whole show talking about this exciting new Ratcher/GT7/HorizonFW footage coming soon, in order to bait people into watching it.

Top Bottom