• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2023 Player's voice results

Bernoulli

M2 slut
fMD31de.png

Mortisfacio

Banned
BG3 and PL in order where I'd rank em. TotK and SM2 are up there where I expect based on the scale of fans, but should be lower.

Hifi rush so high is surprising, considering niche appeal.

Cyberpunk is interesting, yet to play the game. Looking forward to it, hopefully like it better than Witcher 3.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Hey would you look at that. hogwarts at 10. I guess it was not a conspiracy after all. Game just cant hang out with the big boys.

Same goes for Starfield. It didnt get nominated NOT because there is an xbox bias. It didnt get nominated because its not good enough for goty.

Also, this destroys alannah's argument that gotys are a popularity contest and only games with big marketing budgets get nominated. Look at all the gaas trash with millions of daily players right at the bottom. BG3 barely had any marketing until it went viral because it was a great fucking rpg. Not because of marketing dollars.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Hey would you look at that. hogwarts at 10. I guess it was not a conspiracy after all. Game just cant hang out with the big boys.

Same goes for Starfield. It didnt get nominated NOT because there is an xbox bias. It didnt get nominated because its not good enough for goty.

Also, this destroys alannah's argument that gotys are a popularity contest and only games with big marketing budgets get nominated. Look at all the gaas trash with millions of daily players right at the bottom. BG3 barely had any marketing until it went viral because it was a great fucking rpg. Not because of marketing dollars.

It also doesn't help that the game released all the way back in February and people have memory of a goldfish.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Can't argue with that 10. Definitely can't argue with that #1.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Cyberpunk 2077 tied with TOTK just blows my mind... CDPR seems to have a captive fanbase.
I never really got into any of CDPR’s earlier games but Cyberpunk 2077 is my favorite game of the year and of this generation so far.

So no I don’t think this is a case of CDPR’s “captive fanbase”, it’s just a kick ass game that deserves all the high praise it’s gotten (after the 1.5 + 2.0 updates).

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
eh RE4 came out a month later and is up there. Hifi rush came out in Jan and is 3 spots ahead of it.

Game is just average. If anything it should be further down the line.

True, good points. For the record, I'm not defending the game. According to Steam, I've lasted 5.8 hours before giving up on it.

FeralEcho

That top 10
Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

Lies of P, Hi-fi Rush and FF XVI in top 10.

Episode 8 Nbc GIF by America's Got Talent

Good to see the gaas garbage at the very bottom where it belongs.Seems gamers still know what's up.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

played myself hogwarts, liberty city + main game of cyberpunk, zelda tears of the kingdom.

Would put liberty on top, zelda second, hogwarts 3. So this list is great.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Even if its an expansion its better, bolder, and with higher production value than 95% of this years's other releases

Exactly and as there where easily over 200 releases this year the fact its there at number 3 instead of below top 10 because 5% of 200 games where better is criminal.

Along with the other expansion for zelda being in the top 3 is just awful.

Last edited:

Hugare

If I have to guess, the reason is that Cyberpunk is on PC, PlayStation and Xbox. TOTK is only on Switch.
TOTK sold more than 20M tho, way more than Phantom Liberty (like 20x more)

Lots of casuals buy Nintendo games, tho, so they wouldnt bother voting.

Top 10 is good. Would only swap Hogwarts for Mario Wonder.

Glad to see Cyberpunk so high. Phantom Liberty was one of the best 3 gaming experiences of the year, for me

Last edited:

Needlecrash

Solid Top 10 list. No surprise that Baldur's Gate 3 is at the top. LOTS of people I know, who aren't hardcore gamers, are REALLY enjoying it.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Phantom Liberty ahead of TOTK isn't surprising. CDPR always made better DLCs/expansions than Nintendo.

Robb

Gold Member
Not a total flop of a year for MS at least
It was such a good start, I remember thinking the entire year looked absolutely fantastic for them kicking it off with a surprise hit out of nowhere like that.

Did not expect it to turn out to be their best first party game throughout the entire year.

Moneal

eh RE4 came out a month later and is up there. Hifi rush came out in Jan and is 3 spots ahead of it.

Game is just average. If anything it should be further down the line.
RE4 got 6000 more votes. Also, didn't Super Mario Wonder get a GOTY nomination? And its below Hogwarts.

Hell this vote really just shows that BG3 is so far ahead of everything. It basically has the same lead on number 2 that number 2 has on number

Last edited:
Top Bottom