• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Giant Bomb Quick Look Thread 2

Dumb question, but what's the difference between 1.6 and CS:S anyway?

CS:S runs on the Source engine and generally looks better. There were all sorts of balance and gameplay changes (some of which were considered all right, some of which were considered god awful game ruining by 1.6 purists) as time went on as well. The biggest problem is that Source uses a really wonky hit detection and lag compensation system that means the hitboxes on players will sometimes be... not at all lined up with the actual models on screen depending on network conditions and how the players are moving.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
CS:S runs on the Source engine and generally looks better. There were all sorts of balance and gameplay changes (some of which were considered all right, some of which were considered god awful game ruining by 1.6 purists) as time went on as well. The biggest problem is that Source uses a really wonky hit detection and lag compensation system that means the hitboxes on players will sometimes be... not at all lined up with the actual models on screen depending on network conditions and how the players are moving.
I can see why people would hate that. lol

Man, Brad really lucked into a lot of situations and bad players in his Arms Race runs. Not to say I don't either, and it made for a good Quick Look! I almost always enjoy QLs more when the boys are enjoying themselves, and I don't think Brad would be if he was just getting stomped on for 40 minutes.

Man, Brad really lucked into a lot of situations and bad players in his Arms Race runs. Not to say I don't either, and it made for a good Quick Look! I almost always enjoy QLs more when the boys are enjoying themselves, and I don't think Brad would be if he was just getting stomped on for 40 minutes.

Well you know what they say, I'd rather be lucky than good.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
I mainly played 1.5. remember being mad at how the knife looked in 1.6. tried source a bit, but it felt foreign. GO looks pretty Sourcey.

StuBurns

Banned
I'm surprised the pug play was so bad. I'd have thought people would be demons day one.

EDIT: And Brad was right, the shield was CZ.

crayman

This whole physics engine thing has a real Trespasser quality to it. Not nearly as janky of course, but definitely reminiscent.

Do Madden games not sell well anymore? That game looked atrocious. I thought the sports games used to be graphical powerhouses with really good physics and hit detection. Have football games always been this bad this generation, or is this a new trend?

obonicus

Do Madden games not sell well anymore? That game looked atrocious. I thought the sports games used to be graphical powerhouses with really good physics and hit detection. Have football games always been this bad this generation, or is this a new trend?

It's not like people who are looking for a football game have much of a choice.

Vire

EA's effort into these games has slowly declined since receiving the sole right to the NFL license. Pretty tragic to be honest that they have such a monopoly.

The NBA 2K series though has been a bright spot in the sports genre as of late.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNKWq7qpz_0

2K13 looks great from a visual standpoint, so not everyone is mailing it in...

How I yearn for another developer to give football a go. Quick Look was hilarious at the very least.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Welcome to sports games.

Fox Mulder

Madden still sells millions across every platform, but it certainly feels like the franchise has significantly fallen out of the pop culture spotlight that it was under while it had competition from Midway, 2k, Acclaim, etc.

The exclusive license shit will be a stain on gaming. 2k's MLB game was always awful, but there's not even a MLB game on the 360 anymore.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
MADDEN FEVER. CATCH IT
BcngD.gif

Yo Gotti

Banned
Madden '13 Quick Look was hilarious. It's not that they're bad, but those dynamic animations have a long way to go.

I don't remember Backbreaker being this funny.

Top Bottom