• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Golf Club 2 |OT| High Society

RodzTF

Finished my first career season. Was a ten-event template season on Hard. Had four victories in total, finishing 1st comfortably with DJ chasing up the rear. The final tourney was four rounds at Crosstown which was mega easy, finished 20 shots ahead of everyone. Need 4,000 more coins to reach level 10 and unlock Very Hard. Will then create a custom season with as many real courses as possible.

Can we get a new season started in the society?

HercRaato

Some of you guys are going to put up huge numbers on this course. I gave up an easy 8 shots. I wish I could putt better.

Some of you guys are going to put up huge numbers on this course. I gave up an easy 8 shots. I wish I could putt better.

Yea Caramel Creek has gotta be the easiest course weve played a tourney on yet. I shot -4 for the first round and felt bad by the end of the round about how many strokes I left out there.

All the distances line up ideally for the standard clubs if you can keep your drives in the fairways which are wide enough to land commercial airplanes on. I made the greens in 2 on all of the par 5s which i rarely ever do with the standard clubs.

I got down to -8 and was tied for 2nd on the 18th hole in the 4th round... and then had my first double bogey of the tournament and finished in 4th :(

Anybody still playing this? I played an incredible RCR of Chambers Bay tonight. Brutally difficult from the back tees with tour clubs. Highly recommended!

Anybody still playing this? I played an incredible RCR of Chambers Bay tonight. Brutally difficult from the back tees with tour clubs. Highly recommended!

Waiting to see if MarineMountie is going to continue running the society tournaments. He seemed a little down on the game recently, but he might just be busy this week.

I played a round on a created course yesterday that was pretty fun, but i cant remember the name off the top of my head. Any course recommendations to look for?

brentech

was trying to compete in too many society's at once. planned to just do the gaf ones, but they stopped, so probably going to just move on to solo career

Waiting to see if MarineMountie is going to continue running the society tournaments. He seemed a little down on the game recently, but he might just be busy this week.

I played a round on a created course yesterday that was pretty fun, but i cant remember the name off the top of my head. Any course recommendations to look for?

Sorry guys. I have been swamped with work and haven't played much of anything besides the random match of Paragon here and there. Haven't even had a chance to finish Hellblade. If there are even a few people still wanting some tournaments(I'll play them too if I have the time) I'll put some more up!

Sorry guys. I have been swamped with work and haven't played much of anything besides the random match of Paragon here and there. Haven't even had a chance to finish Hellblade. If there are even a few people still wanting some tournaments(I'll play them too if I have the time) I'll put some more up!

Please do

Klocker

Hi folks,

We will be looking into pushing out a PC update later this week and sending builds off to Sony and Microsoft for review. Below I have listed some of the items that have been looked at and will be resolved when the update goes live.
• Added checks to better determine whether users are cheating while playing their rounds. Users caught cheating will have their scorecards removed and other repercussions will be determined in the future.
• Course Creator - "Move Hole" could become unresponsive over time.
• Correct publishing messages are now being shown when a courses publish fails for a specific limitation.
• Users with no HCP are displaying 36.4 in the Members list of a society this will now show no HCP when required.
• Course regeneration times have been improved on console when using the Course Designer.
• Wind ratings have been fixed for all events in society events to have all users playing with the same settings regardless of time of day.
• Addressed a limitation preventing the full use of the withdraw function in Career Mode.
• Resolved a limitation stopping some users from accessing their society events.
• Ability to view all golfers profiles whether you're friends or not has been addressed.
• Addressed the loss of d-pad function on PS4 after using the touchpad.
• UI: The User's stroke count was increasing by 1 in the replay scorecard HUD after the user watches a replay and lets it cycle through a 2nd time.
• The ball label of player 1 is no longer missing its distance to pin read-out.
• Ball label colors of player 1 and player 2 have been corrected
• Ball labels appear on active ball
• Labels no longer remain on balls that are holed out.
• Ball marker no longer follows the users ball in single player games off the drive
• Placing objects in the course creator regeneration time has been improved.
• Optimized memory used when creating a heavily object populated 18 hole course.
• Ghosts are now being sorted properly when using the score filter.
• Added a High Visibility HUD option to make white text easier to read for vision impaired users.
• UI: Course Designer: Main Menu is displaying KB/M controls when the user is using Gamepad controls after leaving the Course Designer.
• Improved the impact of DOF settings being applied in-game.
• Added National Flags which can now be used as crests for emblems.
• Potential improvement made for those experiencing hitching in their back swing on PC and Consoles.

http://www.hb-studios.com/forum/index.php?topic=21003.0

Ahhh, is anyone going to make a new one? or has the ship sailed on the game now?

This thread was somewhat active and then everyone stopped posting around the time the last society event ended

I still have the game and play it periodically but we are approaching peak season for game releases and id guess a lot of people moved on

Id be interested in joining another gaf society if we have at least a few others around, otherwise ill just play in the societies that the devs setup and have frequent tournaments

RodzTF

Haha, gonna hazard a guess he got banned relating to the PewDiePie stuff

For myself I haven't played the game in weeks, Everybody's Golf came along and it's too damn fun to drop for hardcore sim atm

Top Bottom