• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Good Place S2 |OT| Well, Fork Me - Thursdays 8:30/7:30c

Great episode, but when Ted Danson starts talking about the points system, I really wanted Chidi to dig into that. According to the points system, which is the right choice for the trolley problem? That sort of thing.

Dude's been studying ethics, but now there's an omniscient third party grading them. There's no way he wouldn't want to hear what conclusions the Powers that Be have made regarding ethics.

But obviously that wouldn't really work out well on a TV show...

There's literally no way to know when Michael is being honest and when he's pulling something out of his ass though.

I'd also point out that Michael, at least, is demonstrably not omniscient. He can't even reliably predict the outcome of people's actions and reactions, which seems like a requisite of an objective grading system.

The point system and who gets into the good/bad place makes a lot more sense if it's not even supposed to be correct.

iammeiam

This episode was great--the Janet glitches combined with each reboot making her more advanced and complex are definitely pointing to some kind of recovered memory (and I'm super curious to know if it's only that initial attempt we saw where she and Jason were an item, or if it's actually more of a Chidi and Eleanor thing.)

Verging on personal fanfic but some of the end scenes made me wonder:

The Eleanor and Michael interactions have me kind of hoping the show takes a long-run approach and keeps switching storylines, since I now really want to see Michael take Eleanor on as a new Bad Place architect (potentially they get to the Good Place, Eleanor alone is bounced out, and offered architecting as a way to accomplish 'good'. Danson and Bell work well together, it'd fit, it'd be a new direction, etc. I think this is mostly post season 1 syndrome, though, where I'm now perpetually expecting the show to keep barreling forward into more and more new things, but having Eleanor identify that closely with Michael has to mean something.

Sir Doom

Torturing Chidi was great. Lol
Oh man Shrimp dispenser. I thought I was going to puke at least it was fried.

Finally plot is advancing

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Torturing Chidi was great. Lol
Oh man Shrimp dispenser. I thought I was going to puke at least it was fried.

Finally plot is advancing
Yeah. Feels like the last two episodes have lost a lot of momentum and seemed to almost exclusively take place during ethics lessons, which while amusing aren't really pushing the show in the ways that season 1 did. Seemed like every episode ended on a cliffhanger, most of them huge, this season almost seems to have settled into "what's the fun thing that'll happen during the ethics class this week?" and I know the show's better than that.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Yeah. Feels like the last two episodes have lost a lot of momentum and seemed to almost exclusively take place during ethics lessons, which while amusing aren't really pushing the show in the ways that season 1 did. Seemed like every episode ended on a cliffhanger, most of them huge, this season almost seems to have settled into "what's the fun thing that'll happen during the ethics class this week?" and I know the show's better than that.

S1 literally had the same thing re: ethics lessons.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
S1 literally had the same thing re: ethics lessons.
But that at least had the risk of being found out as a more visible threat, here it's like "oh well, got to go pretend to be tortured in a bit" and with Michael on their side they don't really have a lot to worry about. The ethics lessons weren't the sole focus of the episodes, feels like most of the last two have been spent with no interaction from anyone else in the neighbourhood.

shoelacer

Banned
I don't mind a bottle episode here and there if it's funny enough. This one stalled a bit but I thought the last one did a good job of answering some lingering questions

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Last 2 episodes have been awesome. I really wish this was a Netflix show so I could binge watch the whole season. The last episode seemed like it was over way too quickly.

Last 2 episodes have been awesome. I really wish this was a Netflix show so I could binge watch the whole season. The last episode seemed like it was over way too quickly.

I just discovered it on Netflix earlier this week. I've now watched every episode and waiting on next.

UK Netflix.

LordRaptor

I just discovered it on Netflix earlier this week. I've now watched every episode and waiting on next.

UK Netflix.

I think he means that its not "a netflix show" so they don't put the entire season up to binge in one go, because this 'wait a week for a new episode' deal is sooooooo last millenium

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
I think he means that its not "a netflix show" so they don't put the entire season up to binge in one go, because this 'wait a week for a new episode' deal is sooooooo last millenium

Yeah, that's what I meant :)

T.v

Yeah, I recently started watching this and breezed through it. The weekly waiting sucks. This is great, really loving the tone. Sort of reminiscent of Pushing Daisies at times. Jason and Janet are OTP.

Kas

I had a thought in the shower last night.

Everyone dies in an accident or freak of nature. Tahani gets crushed by a statue she pulls down, Chidi gets squashed by an AC he previously hit, Elanor drops a bottle into traffic and gets hit by a truck, and Jason suffocates inside of a safe he willingly went into.

Im not sure if it means anything, but I just found it an interesting observation.

Unai

I had a thought in the shower last night.

Everyone dies in an accident or freak of nature. Tahani gets crushed by a statue she pulls down, Chidi gets squashed by an AC he previously hit, Elanor drops a bottle into traffic and gets hit by a truck, and Jason suffocates inside of a safe he willingly went into.

Im not sure if it means anything, but I just found it an interesting observation.

I don't know. It just may be that they wanted young healthy people who haven't ever put much thought in dying.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
This is really a fantastic show. It's mentally stimulating while being light and funny.

I hope this does well. There's nothing better than playing this on Hulu in the evenings, just a good way to wind down.

I hope this doesn't turn into love triangles in heaven or hell..... I suspect this is another form of torture but Danson's character is not in on it. He's being punished for lying to his boss.

Top Bottom