• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GS Warriors Are NBA Champions; Hold The Record For Best Postseason Record at 16-1

I would still find it hilarious if Lebron made his way to Golden State somehow, and ushered in an era of maybe 10 straight Golden State wins in a row before he has to retire.

I would still find it hilarious if Lebron made his way to Golden State somehow, and ushered in an era of maybe 10 straight Golden State wins in a row before he has to retire.

He could always take the vet min or the MLE after next year.

The Celtics vs the Spurs in the 2019 NBA Finals... the Spurs win in game 6, they start to celebrate when all the lights go out. The crowd starts to panic, when suddenly the Jumbo Tron turns back on providing the only light in the entire arena.
a voice comes over the loud speaker
"Just when you thought you'd won... only to realize that the real challenge hasn't even begun"
KD in hooded cowl flickers on to the screen
then Steph w/ mouth piece, then Klay w/ toaster and then Draymond yelling at the screen all flicker up on the screen one after another.. to be followed by Lebron in the black face mask all up on the screen. the screen goes black again, leaving the entire arena in darkness yet again.
::a loud bell tolls::
Fire erupts from the four corners of the court followed by a spot light at center court where the Golden State Warriors are standing all suited up in black.... ball in hand.
Steph, Klay, KD, Dray, and Lebron as the starting 5

The Warriors are now the NBA Finals Boss, and to get to the Larry O'Brien Trophy, you must defeat the greatest team in NBA History.

....at least that how I picture it should Lebron ever join the Warriors to form the Ultimate Super Team.

Do people think the Warriors without Durant this year, beat Lebron in the rubber match? Replace him with two bench players. Have a hard time seeing it, KD was the difference in this one.
Depends if:
- Max Barnes is with the team & is he going to shoot 15% on open shots for 3 games in a row?
- Someone replaces him, what production do they give and can they possibly be worse than last year?

I think Warriors take it in 6 or 7. Cavs won it last year with several things going their way (Iggy getting hurt the last few games, which Lebron dominated, Bogs out, Curry playing hurt, suspension). So with fit teams, Warriors would take it. People forget how good the Warriors still are. Difference with KD is that you can't beat them in a series. They only took one game through one of the most historic nights.

Ripenen

Of course. Zaza would have just injured Kyrie.

Zaza wouldn't need to. Kyrie is pretty good at injuring himself on those circus shots he takes. He comes up hobbling sometimes several times a game. Perhaps it's mostly for show, but he's no stranger to injuries.

Do people think the Warriors without Durant this year, beat Lebron in the rubber match? Replace him with two bench players. Have a hard time seeing it, KD was the difference in this one.

Lebron wouldn't be in the finals in that case. Bulls would be there instead.

If Kevin Love has to leave, I hope the Spurs go after him. Dude is a billion times better than Lamarcus Aldridge. Kawhi + Kevin Love + Pop would be great to see.

hyp

love the salt. feels good to have a team that broke the NBA through smart drafting, management, pure skill, and a bit of luck. rep the bay all day, now we just need the raiders to go beast mode next season.

They would still be favored and have home court. But, it would be a close series I think and go to 7. I would have given the Cavs about 40 percent chance of winning, which is much better than what they actually had (about 5-10 percent chance). With Durant playing, the Cavs would need George to even things. Not George for Love, but Love, George, James, and Irving (impossible with salary cap but gives you an idea of how tough things are for them).

2001 Lakers did it first. Shaq would destroy this team.

To be fair, Phil Jackson would understand his bread and butter. Put Shaq in the post and let him eat. No one is willing to coach LBJ to his potential and put him in even better spots to succeed even more. He can be better than he is now.

yuraya

Lebron will probably leave Cleveland after he loses in the finals again next year. There will be a team somewhere in the league that has plenty of young talent and enough $ sign him. Most likely the Lakers. Dan Gilbert should trade him ahead of time tho so he gets something in return. Imagine losing Lebron twice and getting noting in return for him both of those times. That would be hilarious hehe.

mjp2417

Banned
There's a crapload of eastern teams that would love to have him, maybe not at his current salary, but for pieces? yes

Every team in the NBA would love to have him for the right price. Problem is the right price is nowhere close to what his current salary is.

Green trolling the Cavs

DCYSGzeUAAEhWng.jpg

The M.O.B

All I can say is that Chris Bosh did 5x more to help LeBron than Kevin Love has.

Bosh should definitely be in the HOF eventually. Honestly, he was probably more important for the heat than my boy Wade even. Of course he had plenty of games where he disappeared, but he also had his fair share of big playoff games/moments where he came up big.

Kevin Love might not even be as important to the Cavs as Jr Smith was....

Unfortunately for the Cavs, it's nearly impossible to move Love.

Brandson

Warriors won last night by using a never-before-used lineup.

I know some people have been critical of Kerr's lineup decisions in key moments, but he really nailed it last night, even if it was due to foul-trouble.

It's kind of nuts that they have the luxury of throwing together a lineup in the finals that they have never used before, and every single player in that lineup also happens to be a current or former all-star. Their front office deserves a lot of credit for making that possible.

Top Bottom