• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GS Warriors Are NBA Champions; Hold The Record For Best Postseason Record at 16-1

VeeP

I'm a mavs fan, we got ours with our guy.

The mavs aren't competitive because of a lot of reasons.

Lots of people who have suck ass teams just jealous of GS because their team sucks. My team sucks, GS isn't the reason.

My team sucks too. GS isn't the problem. Ever if they weren't a super team, Cavs would still sweep the shit out of my team.

My team sucks because poor choices of management and front office.

There's 4 All-Stars in the starting lineup and their reserves have skills too. This series was over from the start.

Edit: Finals MVP was Lebron's, even though his team lost. Jerry West accomplished this and we need to see it return.
All these tears for the Warrior to team to swim in throughout the summer.

My team sucks too. GS isn't the problem. Ever if they weren't a super team, Cavs would still sweep the shit out of my team.

My team sucks because poor choices of management and front office.
I know that feel breh

There's 4 All-Stars in the starting lineup and their reserves have skills too. This series was over from the start.

Edit: Finals MVP was Lebron's, even though his team lost. Jerry West accomplished this and we need to see it return.

35,2 ppg, 8,4 rebounds, 5,4 assists and 1,6 blocks and one insulting game winner later I would say no.

Also West was named MVP in a series that went to seven games, and he had 42, 13 and 12 in game 7. Slight difference when you compare it to losing 4-1, and the player playing the same position on the other team scores 35 a game.

Nafai1123

Banned
Warriors won last night by using a never-before-used lineup.

The Golden State Warriors had deployed 250 distinct five-man lineups this season, from late October through mid-June, a span of 82 victories, four playoff rounds and endless highlights. Monday night, with 7:58 left in the second quarter, in the most desperate moment they had faced all year, the Warriors unveiled Lineup No. 251.

Trailing 41-39 in Game 5 of the NBA Finals, Coach Steve Kerr reinserted Stephen Curry for Klay Thompson. Curry joined Draymond Green, Kevin Durant, David West and Andre Iguodala. Those five had never played as a unit before — not in the Finals, not in the playoffs, not in the regular season. Not ever. And then they went and clinched a championship together.

The lineup had been born organically, through foul trouble and a whim. In 4:58, the lineup outscored the Cleveland Cavaliers, 22-4, and turned a two-point deficit into enough of a cushion for a coronation, an eventual 129-120 victory. The outburst ended when West tussled with Tristan Thompson and drew a technical foul. By that point, 3:08 before halftime, the Warriors had taken a 61-45 lead.

I know some people have been critical of Kerr's lineup decisions in key moments, but he really nailed it last night, even if it was due to foul-trouble.

Raysoul

all these hate on the warriors destroying NBA competition ....is funny as fuck! if you don't like it, email your favorite NBA team and tell them to do something about it ...if not ..fuck outta here with your shit

Oakland was lit AF last night, bout to be even more lit on Thursday parade!!

Every team should build the best team that they can ever be. It's not like there are only few talented players out there. I like that GSW raised the level of these games to insane levels.

When you look back years ago, nobody gave a fuck about Draymond. Curry is questionable because of his injury. Klay is just a shooting machine with no D. Iguodala is just an average player. Durant will never beat Lebron. Livingston can't play again. What happened? The team improved and fought hard. The management made very good decisions. Behind Durant, is a fucking good team. Say what you want about Durant being a bitch, but the core of GSW is solid, and they deserve the championship right now.

What is deliberate? Is what LMA did to Durant deliberate and ban worthy? I think you can clearly punish players with special punishment, but what you are proposing is nonsense.

If a guy has a history of not letting players land after a jump shot, then he has no place in the league. Zaza is well known for this shit and took out his chief rival's best player. The league has got to protect its stars, no one is buying tickets to see Zaza Pachulia.

Think about how much Lacob and co had to fix from the shambles that was Cohan's reign.

-fix the culture behind the scenes by getting rid of Cohan's yes men like Robert Rowell
-bring in talented evaluators like Jerry West
-repair the damaged perception of the franchise being a terrible place to play for by players.. this includes signing a good solid high character player like David Lee to a well deserved contract (yes it felt like an overpay at the time but he was highly productive for most of his years- almost making the playoffs during his season. People forget that the dubs were a low playoff seed team during Lee's first season before Wilson Chandler took a bite into lee's arm) it's crazy to think that D Lee's contract in retrospect looks way better than what the Knicks paid to get Amare.
- Hire Bob Myers as GM.. this is another out of the box move... warriors as a franchise had bad PR amongst players... Myers prior was a highly regarded sports agent which means that the franchise now has someone with good repoire with players and understands free agency from the other side of the table .

The other thing Lacob has done is that despite his ego, he's smart enough to not only to hire the right people but give them free reign to make proper basketball decisions.

bender

What time is it?
I'd take the Warriors brain trust over Cuban and Donnie Nelson, that's for sure. They've done an amazing job turning the franchise around. Much respect to them. I also don't blame Durant for wanting to play there. Outside of the Olympics, it's probably the most fun team you can be on.

Think about how much Lacob and co had to fix from the shambles that was Cohan's reign.

-fix the culture behind the scenes by getting rid of Cohan's yes men like Robert Rowell
-repair the damaged perception of the franchise being a terrible place to play for by players.. this includes signing a good solid high character player like David Lee to a well deserved contract (yes it felt like an overpay at the time but he was highly productive for most of his years- almost making the playoffs during his season. People forget that the dubs were a low playoff seed team during Lee's first season before Wilson Chandler took a bite into lee's arm) it's crazy to think that D Lee's contract in retrospect looks way better than what the Knicks paid to get Amare.
- Hire Bob Myers as GM.. this is another out of the box move... warriors as a franchise had bad PR amongst players... Myers prior was a highly regarded sports agent which means that the franchise now has someone with good repoire with players and understands free agency from the other side of the table .

The other thing Lacob has done is that despite his ego, he's smart enough to not only to hire the right people but give them free reign to make proper basketball decisions.

also #3 on Forbes list ...not bad for a $450 mil purchase

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-valuable-nba-teams-list-behind-lakers-knicks

Fjordson

Preach.

Lacob can come off like a douche, but he's done really well and brought in some smart people to run this thing. Other than a small blip or two like the We Believe Team GS was a disaster in the 2000's.

Kettch

This history of the warriors link that got posted in the other thread really says it all. 40 years of terrible draft picks, terrible trades, terrible contracts and blowing up every decent team that emerged.

Good on them for signing the best player once they finally got their act together.

Yep, preach it.

Was I annoyed at them for trading Monta for Bogut? Yep, but then again, I was anxious to see what Curry could do without Monta. Then watching the following moves the head office as they started filling in the pieces, it was a bit hard to trust the process but once Jackson proved what the players could do, it was getting clearer. The addition of Kerr was the final piece and now we got 2 chips in 3 years.

Having been born and lived in the Bay all my life, just being able to see a number of these teams (Niners, Giants, A's, Raiders, Sharks & Warriors) be successful in various ways has been fun and I'm enjoying it all.

J2 Cool

Prime Shaq in general was just a really fast and strong center, that would be one of the few players that could legitimately threaten the Dubs almost singlehandedly in the history of the NBA.

He's just a bad match-up for them.

Either way, both teams are in the conversation for GOAT teams

Shaq couldnt run the floor like this though. Warriors pace even gasses Lebron eventually

If you think Magic, The Captain, Jamal, Worthy, Doo, Coop and company could not at least get these Warriors to seven if not beat them seven out of ten you all sleeping on history.

Hell... Run TMC would get them three out of seven and they could not play defense to save a life.

Grats on whipping LeWhine dough.

otapnam

I have a David Lee dubs Jersey for a reason. He had some big minutes during the first championship too.

LionPride

Banned
If you think Magic, The Captain, Jamal, Worthy, Doo, Coop and company could not at least get these Warriors to seven if not beat them seven out of ten you all sleeping on history.

Hell... Run TMC would get them three out of seven and they could not play defense to save a life.

How could Hardaway, Richmond, and Mullin win 3 games when this Cavs team is better constructed and won one?

Fjordson

I don't get why sports fans seem to deny athletic evolution. None of those teams would stand a chance. I mean Run TMC?? That's just hating now.

The idea of Chris Mullin trying to keep up with either the Warriors or the Cavs on defense is just hilarious.

mjp2417

Banned

tenor.gif

VeeP

I feel bad for LeBron. He never played for a super team to win. He doesn't believe in it. He said it himself.

Lebron deserves better. He should definitely call up some NBA players, probably a few. And get them to go to one single city. Stay there for a few years. You know, win not one, not two, not three, not four, not five championships, but like six or something.

Ric Flair

Banned
warriors having 4 all stars is an understatement

they have like 4/15 of the top 15 players in the league. it's fucked.
They have the second best all-around player in KD, they have the greatest pure shooter the game has ever seen in Steph, they have arguably the second best shooter in Klay, the best defender/rebounder in Draymond, and one of if not THE deepest bench in the league. And the Cavs have a much higher payroll lol

I hardly feel Durant earned this. He is a top three player who joined a championship team just to win.

I prefer competition myself and would rather beat the better team than pile my team and beat the obviously weaker team.

I'm not saying he cant do what he wants, definitely can but I hardly feel he earned this. He played well though. I hardly felt the same about his play from last year and this year though.

Take any top 50 player and put them in Durants place and they would likely win.

Will be interesting to see what happens as contracts expire. Green, curry, Thompson and Durant won't be together too long.

Lol how much salt do you have? The Dubs are going to be together a very long time. Durant takes less Curry and Iggy reup.

They have the second best all-around player in KD, they have the greatest pure shooter the game has ever seen in Steph, they have arguably the second best shooter in Klay, the best defender/rebounder in Draymond, and one of if not THE deepest bench in the league. And the Cavs have a much higher payroll lol

Funny how the narrative shifted from the warriors having no depth in the beginning of he season to too much depth now..losing ezeli, speights, bogut Barnes and barbosa wasnt as bad as we all thought.

Funny how the narrative shifted from the warriors having no depth in the beginning of he season to too much depth now..losing ezeli, speights, bogut Barnes and barbosa wasnt as bad as we all thought.

It wasn't as bad as you guys thought because you added Durant. I could've come off the bench for 20 minutes a game and the Warriors probably still win the Finals in 5. Maybe 6.

It wasn't as bad as you guys thought because you added Durant. I could've come off the bench for 20 minutes a game and the Warriors probably still win the Finals in 5. Maybe 6.

haha...reminds me of when I used to claim back in the day that it doesn't matter who plays the 4 next to Shaq when he was on the lakers. Heck I could grab 10 boards next to shaq

now we just wait for chris paul to join the spurs, blake to head to the rockets for just as many ally oops and deandre can sit with the shit known as the clippers by himself!!!

But I can clearly say, kevin love or Thompson are definitely gone come the start of the season. Somehow Carmelo will be a Cav next year and the team will be worse than they are now XD

Aerogamer

Neo Member
As a supporter of the Lakers I am glad we are a young core right now and our players will age into their primes down the line. This Warriors team is just nuts, they dominated the playoffs this year.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
As a supporter of the Lakers I am glad we are a young core right now and our players will age into their primes down the line. This Warriors team is just nuts, they dominated the playoffs this year.
They'll be even scarier next year after a championship to their name and more minutes together. Something that makes me very happy as a Warriors fan. Just hope they don't suffer any serious injuries.

J2 Cool

Do people think the Warriors without Durant this year, beat Lebron in the rubber match? Replace him with two bench players. Have a hard time seeing it, KD was the difference in this one.

Do you think the Warriors without Durant this year, beat Lebron in the rubber match? Replace him with two ok bench players. Have a hard time seeing it, KD was the difference in this one.

If the Warriors had the exact same team as last year they still would have been the favorites.

Top Bottom