• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GS Warriors Are NBA Champions; Hold The Record For Best Postseason Record at 16-1

Except that Lakers team 3-peated and never got blown out like GS did when they went 15-1.

GS is definitely deeper but IMO Kobe and Shaq were more dominant than any 2 players on the Warriors. Would have been a really weird series if those teams played.

Prime Shaq vs. ZaZa and JaVale

LAAAWD​

I feel bad for LeBron. He never played for a super team to win. He doesn't believe in it. He said it himself.

❤️

otapnam

LeBron will be 33 and has a ton of milage on him. Not sure how many more years he can keep doing it.

Kobe broke down and sort of had the same route.

Lebron's never been hurt. Never. Kobe had a ton of injuries by the time he was 33. How's bron even able to do that is a miracle

bionic77

LeBron is a goddamn basketball cyborg who will play for the next hundred years.
The end always comes out of nowhere.

When Kobe won in 2010 people thought the Lakers would be the favorite to get to the Finals again the next year. People also probably assumed the same of the Celtics. They never made it back there and 3 years later Kobe's Achilles exploded in a season where he killed himself trying to drag a bum ass Dwight Howard to the playoffs.

I would not be surprised to see LeBron make the next 2 Finals or never make it again.

Never assume anything in sports. Enjoy the moment and remember that Paul Pierce will always be a beta slack eyed bitch ass bitch.

Amory

I hardly feel Durant earned this. He is a top three player who joined a championship team just to win.

I prefer competition myself and would rather beat the better team than pile my team and beat the obviously weaker team.

I'm not saying he cant do what he wants, definitely can but I hardly feel he earned this. He played well though. I hardly felt the same about his play from last year and this year though.

Take any top 50 player and put them in Durants place and they would likely win.

Will be interesting to see what happens as contracts expire. Green, curry, Thompson and Durant won't be together too long.

Thompson and Green are signed to team friendly, long term deals.

KD has said he'll take a pay cut to keep the rest of the team together. The Warriors will be around for some time.

FZZ

Banned
Mans said he couldn't care less bout these finals no more. Clearly he was in the cut waiting for this moment

I'm seeing into his schtick tbh

When Kobe won in 2010 people thought the Lakers would be the favorite to get to the Finals again the next year. People also probably assumed the same of the Celtics. They never made it back there and 3 years later Kobe's Achilles exploded in a season where he killed himself trying to drag a bum ass Dwight Howard to the playoffs.

I would not be surprised to see LeBron make the next 2 Finals or never make it again.

Never assume anything in sports. Enjoy the moment and remember that Paul Pierce will always be a beta slack eyed bitch ass bitch.

Preach

Passing of the torch to the Ball dynasty will happen

Thompson and Green are signed to team friendly, long term deals.

KD has said he'll take a pay cut to keep the rest of the team together. The Warriors will be around for some time.

Durant takes a huge cut so Curry can get a max deal? That's pretty bad optics.

LeBron will be 33 and has a ton of milage on him. Not sure how many more years he can keep doing it.

Kobe broke down and sort of had the same route.

Who goes in his place? Do the Wizards gain a bench? Maybe Bucks REALLY take a leap forward. Maybe Blake Griffin has a crazy career revitalization with the Heat.

That's it really, in terms of surprises.

Kyrie will be 26 next season, entering his prime. The hope for the Cavs is probably that he can finally start shouldering more and more of the load.

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Who goes in his place? Do the Wizards gain a bench? Maybe Bucks REALLY take a leap forward. Maybe Blake Griffin has a crazy career revitalization with the Heat.

Kyrie will be 26 next season, entering his prime. The hope for the Cavs is probably that he can finally start shouldering more and more of the load.

I love Kyrie (my favorite guard in the game after Curry) but he needs to learn to make his teammates better.

Problem is that the West was a little more established in 2010. In the East, Lebron was already in his prime.

The only star around their prime in the East is Wall. Most of the other East squads are way too young, so barring a 2012 Thunder type run, I don't really see it happening.

bionic77

The Cavs have two problems. LeBron probably can't get home court and if he tries he will probably break down and not be fresh for playoffs.

Their best bet is to have rest Kyrie and LeBron as much as possible. Have Kyrie take over more responsibility on offense (he really needs to be able to run the offense when LeBron is on the bench instead of just being a ISO God) and somehow find a diamond in the rough tall ass 3 and D player who is at least 6'6" who can slow down KD a little. If they can't find a way to slow down KD it is always going to be a tough matchup.

Those kind of 3 and D guys are really hard to find. Maybe Ariza? Or someone like him.

Getting pretty stale.

Why? A dirty player knocks out a star player on a deliberate dangerous play. The scrubs of the league need to realize that it's a star driven league and that the stars are the reason why they get paid. Players like LeBron, Leonard, Durant are worth at least twice their contract contract values, but that surplus gets distributed to role players through the CBA.

If a role player like Zaza, Patrick Beverly, or Kelly Olynyk takes out a star through a deliberate dirty play, they should be expelled from the league and forfeit their salary. What other incentive do they have to not take out the other team's stars?

No salt intended against Durant, he earned that ring with his MVP performance.

I'm guessing that Kevin Love is gone as is Korver, D-Will, and Jefferson. They're going to be looking for a SG, so GM LeBron is probably putting in calls right now to PG and Butler. Then he might look towards bringing in Blake.

But I'm happy for Durant as a spurned Sonics fan.

Nafai1123

Banned
Durant takes a huge cut so Curry can get a max deal? That's pretty bad optics.

It's not a huge cut, 35.5 mil vs 32 mil. That allows them to retain bird rights to Iggy and Livingston.

Curry has been underpaid for years due to his prior ankle injuries. He's getting his max deal this year, and KD will probably sign another 2-year deal with player option, so he'll get that 35+ next year when he re-signs again. The real question is what happens with Klay next year when his contract is up.

The Cavs have two problems. LeBron probably can't get home court and if he tries he will probably break down and not be fresh for playoffs.

Their best bet is to have rest Kyrie and LeBron as much as possible. Have Kyrie take over more responsibility on offense (he really needs to be able to run the offense when LeBron is on the bench instead of just being a ISO God) and somehow find a diamond in the rough tall ass 3 and D player who is at least 6'6" who can slow down KD a little. If they can't find a way to slow down KD it is always going to be a tough matchup.

Those kind of 3 and D guys are really hard to find. Maybe Ariza? Or someone like him.
Best shot is probably developing Iman Shumpert's offense (ouch). Maybe their Derrick Williams reclamation project gets back on track, he was good before players returned from injury/were traded to team and put him at the end of the bench.

Not a 3 and D player, but I'm interested in what they do with Tavares on development.

I'm guessing that Kevin Love is gone as is Korver, D-Will, and Jefferson. They're going to be looking for a SG, so GM LeBron is probably putting in calls right now to PG and Butler. Then he might look towards bringing in Blake.

But I'm happy for Durant as a spurned Sonics fan.

Cavs frontcourt is dead without Love. Tristan Thompson might match up decent with the Dubs, but there are other teams out there, and you don't want Lebron getting banged up getting rebounds.

Nafai1123

Banned
Nx4XXz.gif

If a role player like Zaza, Patrick Beverly, or Kelly Olynyk takes out a star through a deliberate dirty play, they should be expelled from the league and forfeit their salary. What other incentive do they have to not take out the other team's stars?

Fuck off. They might just, maybe, are decent humans and don't want to injure players.

Also, the NBA players are mostly all friends with each other. You'd lose a lot of respect for that sort of shit.

Congrats Warriors. It took you adding the second best player in the league after 73 wins the year prior, but good job I guess.

I'm happy for Durant. This is his Finals more than anyone else's.

Haha they would have been back no matter what and could have won without Durant. Salty.

Its stacked.

It should have been illegal to get kevin durant.

Yes im from Oklahoma so Im biased but they have 4 all stars in starting 5 and argueable top 5th and 6th players too

Golden State is heavily built from draft picks. Curry, Thompson and Green all were. Durant was a free agent, so how do you block that? Even Damien Jones is putting in work. Dubs are just schooling everyone on and off the court. On the other hand, GM Lebron has to buy Championships

Bread

Banned
Did you just call Kelly Olynyk a role player? He's a star.

There's 4 All-Stars in the starting lineup and their reserves have skills too. This series was over from the start.

Edit: Finals MVP was Lebron's, even though his team lost. Jerry West accomplished this and we need to see it return.

El Topo

What is deliberate? Is what LMA did to Durant deliberate and ban worthy? I think you can clearly punish players with special punishment, but what you are proposing is nonsense.

hbkdx12

I don't even think people are mad at Durant. People really mad that Lebron feasibly has no chance to stand up against this team that potentially stands to run the league for the next few years barring injuries.

The superman that has dominated the league for the better part of a decade straight even with his Herculean effort and stats isn't enough to get the cavs to another ring. Makes people sick

Edit: Finals MVP was Lebron's, even though his team lost. Jerry West accomplished this and we need to see it return.

No

all these hate on the warriors destroying NBA competition ....is funny as fuck! if you don't like it, email your favorite NBA team and tell them to do something about it ...if not ..fuck outta here with your shit

Oakland was lit AF last night, bout to be even more lit on Thursday parade!!

all these hate on the warriors destroying NBA competition ....is funny as fuck! if you don't like it, email your favorite NBA team and tell them to do something about it ...if not ..fuck outta here with your shit

Oakland was lit AF last night, bout to be even more lit on Thursday parade!!

I'm a mavs fan, we got ours with our guy.

The mavs aren't competitive because of a lot of reasons.

Lots of people who have suck ass teams just jealous of GS because their team sucks. My team sucks, GS isn't the reason.

Top Bottom