• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA 5 Trailer Talk Thread

Angry Fork

IS THIS A ROLLER COASTER

uuBKU.jpg

wouldn't you rather have really good graphics and lots of play space instead of amazing graphics and little play space? Bring it on! Big Foot hunting 1st order of business.

X26

Banned
Remember: first SA trailer only showed Los Santos, second showed the other cities

having said that though this LS looks ridiculously good

DoctorWho said:
That seems like a visual reference to San Andreas. If CJ popped up in this game with Vercetti, that would be fucking awesome.

They could possibly tie in several past story lines. That could be awesome if it's like a megamix of all their characters.

StevieP

Banned
Snkfanatic said:
Wow those visuals are amazing, really makes me wonder if the rumor about this being a launch title for the next gen are true.

Here is hoping for a PC release

That is PC footage in the trailer. The console footage won't look nearly as polished.

Uncharted shits on this graphically

Bailout.gif

Thirteen

Neo Member
Graphics were very satisfying.

Seems to be a pretty big fucking area again which is awesome.

Wouldn't mind dusting some crops hehe.

Couldn't look this good on console could it..

The rooftops when the helo flies by looks insane and so did the crops.

Neuromancer said:
So it's like San Andreas, except probably with only one city? And probably less square miles?
In other words, more focused and better.

San Andreas was too big. At least, I thought it was. IV was great because it was a dense city with so much detail.

sytadel said:
It's Vercetti. Ray Liotta obviously declined reprising the role and they have replaced him.
Ha. I didn't even know Liotta voiced Vercetti when I said this guy sounded like him.

I think you guys suggesting it's him are right. Talking about retiring from that life, having money to buy a big house, etc. Cool continuation if it happens.

Marleyman

Banned
FHIZ said:
Coming from someone who was bored to tears by GTA IV (after loving the past three) I can't say I see anything in this trailer to indicate anything but the (now) usual Rockstar "look how serious and dramatic we are!" vibe being present... where's the fun?

Go play Saints Row if that is ALL you are looking for.

Probably Day 1. I picked up IV Day 1 at the last minute and really enjoyed it. Looks a bit nicer than IV but there seemed to be more movement/NPCs. Loved the music.

Enco

Some of the parts look like CGI (lighting wise).

Like that picture of the house for sale posted earlier.

b7oNz.png

Dem bins...

Ranger X

I don't know why but it's like I want to cry.

Cry tears of joy!!

Is this the GTA whore in me? Did Rockstar pressed my switch already?

damn.

San Andreas is my favorite GTA title. Glad they're doing it again (at least part of it anyways). I've given up hopes for a foreign city...

If they can bring back the crazy missions from San Andreas (Like Mike Toreno's missions), I'll be back on the GTA wagon.

Xater

ShockingAlberto said:
Man, a former bad guy trying to straighten up and fly right and is inevitably dragged back in to doing crime again.

Rockstar is really writing outside their comfort zone on this one.

Also true.
KuGsj.gif

Kaldea

Ugh, why do I have to be stuck with slow internet today. ):

I wanted a woman protagonist, but day fucking one if that is Tommy.

X26

Banned
Zeliard said:
lol @ the people who expected a new engine with modern consoles

Welcome to reality.

lol @ what, exactly? seems the majority of people are impressed with the graphics

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Rad- said:
RDR level visuals. Much more beautiful game than anything in this trailer.

LOL

It has all the qualities of RDR graphics.

The sky, the mountains, the trees, it all looks as good, and then better with the lighting and much higher density of buildings/people/etc.

daebo

Looked pretty good. Saw the dust cropping onto people. Hopefully a good political story breaks out. Really liked what I saw. I wasn't a fan of IV (so I didn't get the BOGT, apparently I missed out) but I have hopes again for this one.

dwebo

Angry Fork said:
IS THIS A ROLLER COASTER

http://i.imgur.com/uuBKU.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Probably whatever dinky ride they have out on the santa monica pier (pleasure pier in-game?).

Elios83

Seems like the rumors were true, Los Angeles and multiple characters, a white middle aged man and a black guy.
Could they be an older Tommy Vercetti and CJ?

grkazan12 said:
What if his line of work is done in secrecy (breaking bad style) without his family knowing.
It doesn't sound like he actually got to have a wife and kids before being pulled back into crime.

Meier

A little disappointed it's in LA again. Would have liked to wreak some havoc in Europe. The countries are close enough that they could feasibly feature a number of them in the storyline.

Will definitely buy it though, no doubt about that.

BFIB

The license plate on one of the vehicles says "San Andreas".

So, will this spread over multiple cities, like San Andreas did?

AiTM

Banned
FUCK something just dawned on me. They could be doing Los Santos for the initail relase of the game, then San Fiero (San Franisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) as two different DLC downloads...to be the complete San Andreas.

BOOM

ALSO motherfucking DONALD LOVE from GTA 3 making an appearance.

Top Bottom