• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA 5 Trailer Talk Thread

Cousteau

GTA 6 = BACK TO VICE CITY
GTA 7 = BACK AGAIN IN NYC
GTA 8 = YOU GUESSED IT...CALI AGAIN.
GTA 9 = WAIT FOR IT.....VICE CITY 3!

Rad-

Kung Fu Grip said:
That was running on the Wii U guys. No way that was PS3 or 360.

Looks like i have to by a Wii U then. Which i didn't want to do.

What? RDR looked better than this. Go play it people.

Metal-Geo

sanandreas.png

Yep. It's San Andreas alright.

Mik2121

This game seems to go back a bit into the San Andreas / Vice City more humorous mood. Probably not completely back to that style, but somewhere in-between sounds great.

The world also seems to be fairly big. Even if it only were to include Los Santos and a bunch of smaller towns around it, it will probably be quite a change from GTAIV.

Also, the trailer looks better every time I watch it :)

prediction: there really are multiple protagonists; we'll get a series of trailers, each from a different person's perspective.

adelante

WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THE ENGINE.

so freaking GORGEOUS. All those details....and I see plenty of global illumination up this bitch.

Spokker

I can't wait to beat the shit out of illegal aliens and take their meager wages. Now that's innovation.

theRizzle

I wonder if they will do a version for 360/PS3, and then a slightly upgraded version on whatever new console will inevitably be around the corner when this game ships. Sort of like what happened with Just Cause last gen to this gen.

Vire said:
Are you kidding?

Uncharted shits on this graphically. I don't really see it as any better than Red Dead. It looks nice, sure - but I don't understand why people are going goo goo ga ga.

Are you really comparing an open world game to Uncharted?

Scale of GTA annihilates Uncharted.

Meier

Buckethead said:
Actually it doesn't.

At all.

Like even a deaf person could tell the difference.
Agreed, it's not him. The dudes on IGN were suggesting it and i was like uhh.. no. Not even close.

Fuuuuuuuuu

I want this game....I think this may be another title to do a media blackout on. I know I will get this day 1 so it will be good to have a ton of surprises

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
adelante said:
WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO THE ENGINE.

so freaking GORGEOUS. All those details....and I see plenty of global illumination up this bitch.

It's from the PC version.

bengraven

Fuck yes:

- Vinewood!
- huge outdoors areas!
- that Euphoria!
- financial crisis references!
- dat dust!
- looks just like LA!
- tent cities!

Hm:

- not sure about the main character, but then again that's par for course for every Rockstar game since GTA: VC for me....which means I'll grow on him.

Looks fantastic but was hoping for a brand new place. Of course it'll be different from the San Andreas we all know, but still feel a little disappointed.

And everyone is focusing on the jet at the end, but I'm more excited by what appears to be a blimp.

Vire said:
Are you kidding?

Uncharted shits on this graphically. I don't really see it as any better than Red Dead. It looks nice, sure - but I don't understand why people are going goo goo ga ga.
Are you kidding comparing a super linear game tunnel-vision game to an open-world monster like this? And it looks better than RDR too. This is a significant leap from GTAIV.

NIghtWolf

I don't know what people were expecting as of graphics. Neither of the last gen gta suffered from huge graphical leaps I believe?

AiTM said:
FUCK something just dawned on me. They could be doing Los Santos for the initail relase of the game, then San Fiero (San Franisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas) as two different DLC downloads...to be the complete San Andreas.

BOOM

ALSO motherfucking DONALD LOVE from GTA 3 making an appearance.
I'm as hard as a rock right now.

Wilbur

Banned
Shake Appeal said:
Well, that was definitely a GTA trailer. 7/10.

Don't you mean...

8/10?

dealwithit.gif

Yeah, shit looks good. I'm not gonna be like OMGOMGOMG but San Andreas is quite possibly my favourite game ever. Make it fun like that and I'm in. Wish I could be CJ/black guy again though, just felt right last time.

ShogunX

Vire said:
Are you kidding?

Yeah because we all know Uncharted is an open world game......derp.

Top Bottom