• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA 5 Trailer Talk Thread

offshore

So some of it is based in San Andreas. Fucking sweet.

Let's hope they bring back some of San Andreas' DJ's as well, then.

Unless they revamp the multiplayer to really give multiple gamers the same sandbox experience as single player I just won't be excited.

I want to drive up to a pool hall and see two players having a game of pool.

I want to see a few guys playing darts.

I want to see guys getting lap dances.

I want to see guys bowling.

And then I want to run around with a flamethrower and a machete causing mayham.

Heavy said:
Are you kidding comparing a super linear game tunnel-vision game to an open-world monster like this? And it looks better than RDR too. This is a significant leap from GTAIV.

Vire must be trolling. No other explanation for his lunacy.

sytadel

Zeppelin said:
Ugh, San Andreas again? Not interested.
2TRdZ.gif

dwebo

Man, even after listening to it a few times, I can't tell what he's saying right at the beginning.

"I guess it was the weather. Or the... hot(?) and thing(?) and magic."

wat

Even though it looks good visually can't say I wasn't that impressed with the vibe I got from the trailer. I preferred the over the top style of San andreas/BoGT rather than "realistic" route they took with GTAIV and it seems like they're going down that route again.

Road

Download link in the OP is botched.
Code:
http://videos.rockstargames.com/streams/V-en_us-trailer1-flv-1280.flv

Meier

nemss said:
The license plate on one of the vehicles says "San Andreas".

So, will this spread over multiple cities, like San Andreas did?
You don't see people with license plates from other cities or other states in your town? Not to say that this won't happen, but this sort of thing is far from confirmation.

X26

Banned
raphier said:
It looks to me like there will be multiple settings this time. San Andreas and some other.

san andreas is the state, los santos is the city in the trailer

VOOK said:

OK, definitely set in the 2000s. Foreclosure sign. And those recycle bins. I have those exact recycle bins and they are for modern garbage trucks with robotic arms for picking them up.

Metal-Geo said:
Look at the license plate of the blue van the red jumpsuit robbers jump out of.

I think it says "San Andreas". Or "San P..."?
On a close-up of the front of the blue sports car around :50 you can plainly see San Andreas on the license plate.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
matrix-cat said:
http://oi55.tinypic.com/34t291s.jpg[IMG]

Los Santos confirmed (sign at the bottom left).[/QUOTE]
san andreas on the licence plates confirmed the location as well.

JoNike

Neo Member
Angry Fork said:
IS THIS A ROLLER COASTER

uuBKU.jpg

Could be, this is definitely muscle beach on Venice beach. The Santa Monica pier isn't very far from there and there is a roller coaster on the pier (as well as a Ferry Wheel)

Edit: A is muscle beach. B is the Santa Monica Pier. http://g.co/maps/x9tv5

heringer

Spiffy_1st said:
http://media.gtanet.com/gtasa/images/regular.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv286/Junpeiiscoolerthanyou/cj.jpg[IMG]?

I bet someone has already mentioned this by the time I post it.[/QUOTE]
You sound like Pierce.

olimpia84

Looks like an updated GTAIV with more colors and attention to details. I like it, but most people here are over reacting a bit like this will be the best game ever.

rager

Banned
trailer is nice, but don't expect it to be smooth and as nice as you see here. Expect poor framerate, jaggies and screen tearing. PC version will be the best.

Spokker

It has to be a huge world. GTA 4 was entirely urban. This trailer shows wind farms for Christ's sake. You see a lot of wind farms once you get out near Palm Springs, which is 100 miles from LA. So I wonder what that would be in GTA distance.

dwebo said:
Man, even after listening to it a few times, I can't tell what he's saying right at the beginning.

"I guess it was the weather. Or the... hot(?) and thing(?) and magic."

wat
He's say "I guess it was the weather. The...aww I don't know...that thing... that magic."

Vire

StoppedInTracks said:
Vire must be trolling. No other explanation for his lunacy.
No, I don't think it looks that much better than RDR?

Red Dead was a beautiful game but some people here are throwing out crazy comments like this is a next gen game...

Ploid 3.0

Angry Fork said:
DOGS ANIMALS!

Children too?

Realistic seems like the flavor of this game. Very skeptical about the fun factor, I'll have to wait for gameplay videos to see how the character moves and see what freedom you have on missions. They better have a ton of fun and not boring stuff to do in this (darts, maintaining friends, bowling isn't fun).

I bet you'll have to maintain your family like Walter White. Get a call from your kids and wife like Skylar and Walter's kids. Those people pissed me off in Breaking Bad when they would annoy Walter when he was trying to take care of business. Roman pissed me off just like that actually.

Let's go Oscar, Golden Globe, MTV Award performance!

StevieP

Banned
Luckyman said:
Pretty poor for PC. 360 lead platform most likely

Poor for PC? You clearly did not play GTA IV on PC (no AA? thanks Rockstar!). Aside from the fact that their engine didn't do much to take advantage of PC hardware at the time, you also have to take into account the fact that it's an open-world game.

If you think this is console footage, I've got a bridge in San Andreas to sell you.

I wonder if they will do a version for 360/PS3, and then a slightly upgraded version on whatever new console will inevitably be around the corner when this game ships.

The WiiU can run the game, obviously, but I guess it's up to Reggie to show up with some money bags.

JonCha

Awesome; game looked incredible, way better than GTA IV.

Man, I've missed playing GTA so much. Multiplayer so awesome with friends.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
DarkChild said:
Its probably 360. R* never puts bullshots, and you can notice post process AA in video(same like MP3).

I was just kidding.

Striker

Looks interesting. As expected the usual stuff from Rockstar.

I just want to see some gameplay shots before I commit to anything. I was highly disappointed in the direction they went in GTA 4 and do not plan on making the same mistake.

KorrZ

*sigh* Really didn't care for the first San Andreas at all, not even close to excited for this. Vice City is such a superior setting.

Top Bottom