• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA 5 Trailer Talk Thread

benzy

gta54w7xt.gif

Rad- said:
What? RDR looked better than this. Go play it people.
What? Hell no! This looks way better than red dead. The lighting, animation, texures. Everything.

Its the Wii U. I m telling you. If not the mods can tag me with " Dummest fucking memeber on the planet".

Theres no way thats running on PS360. Sorry.

ultron87

Looks good. Faux LA should be a fun setting to revisit.

Dunno if it looks like it quite deserves being GTA V over GTA: Subtitle.

TheNatural

My Member!
Fuck yeah, the last time I had a console I bought it for GTA IV, guess I'm going to continue the pattern with GTA V. Looks fucking awesome.

a.wd

Vire said:
Are you kidding?

Uncharted shits on this graphically. I don't really see it as any better than Red Dead. It looks nice, sure - but I don't understand why people are going goo goo ga ga.

Either you are being ironic (in which case, kudos), or moronic (in which case "kudos").

How are people even suspecting this will not be in the scale of San Andreas, or at least have all the locales from it? The game looks HUGE

Grand Theft Retread!

For some reason, despite my friends assurances, I HATED San Andreas & GTA 4. I get that they're good games with a lot of options that looked nice, I just couldn't get myself to give a shit enough to proceed with the story. I'd do one mission, then just start running people over. I enjoyed Grand Theft Horse until my 360 red ringed. Still waiting for that PC port. I think I just really don't like everyday settings. Give me Grand Theft Spaceship or Grand Theft Dragon.

X26

Banned
StalkerUKCG said:
Not understanding all the hype about the graphics its not much better than GTA4. I was talking to a friend about the earlier today.

Because you're blind apparently

the lighting and added detail make a huge difference

Haunted

Good looking trailer.

If those locations can all be visited, it has a nice variety of different environments.

I'm not hating it.

SamuraiX- said:
Wow.

Ya'll a bunch of racists, man.

I've heard like every black guy in the trailer be mistaken for CJ now.

I can't believe I'm legitimately hyped for this from Trailer 1. Good lord, R* North.

Whatever, I'm black and thought it was CJ. Haha!

The trailer leaves me feeling a weird mix of disappointed and happy. Happy that they're doing SoCal again--I live there, and never got far through San Andreas, so it'll be neat to see the simulacrum.

Still disappointed in the theme. Cinema has moved on from the 90's, why can't GTA?

AiTM

Banned
SpacePirate Ridley said:
Los Santos is Los Angeles. The game is set in Los Angeles (the whole trailer). Not in San Andreas (san Francisco)

You will not see San Francisco or Las Vegas in this game like in San Andreas.

Thats why this time the Los Santos city looks like a carbon copy of real Los Angeles, with Vinewood (Hollywood) included.

San Andreas was comprised of Los Santos (LA), San FIerro (San Fransico), and Las Venturas (Las Vegas),

The game appears to be set in Los Santos, which behind it on the same island had a good amount of countryside. HOWEVER, in the trailer it looks like Mount Chilliad, which was south of San Fierro, so it may be all 3 cities.

I however think it will be Los Santos, and the other two cities will be added on as huge DLC packs

LifEndz

Kraftwerk said:
The trailer music gave me chills. Gave me a feeling of ascending.

Same here. I'm in love with the idea of this wrapping up the story of all the main characters of the past GTA games. If Claude makes an appearance I might lose it.

bengraven

gdt5016 said:
Redoing a city...again? Are they forever gonna be stuck in the settings they came up with forever ago?

I liked redoing LC, but that was the first city that put them on the map.

Aside from that, hyped! Day 1 yadda yadda yadda.

The cities are basically new because they keep remaking them with better tech. And they want to make the biggest cities they can to be able to make the world as big as possible.

McNei1y

So pumped Los Santos is at least back. I'm hoping for the whole package though. San Andreas in next gen graphics would look and feel incredible. They also need to bring back the quality of Radio Los Santos if it is indeed in the game.

Tommy Vercetti would be a bonus if he were the main character.

J-Rzez

R* the master of trailers as usual. Looks surprisingly good graphically, and don't mind the era that it looks like they're going for. Though it's hard to get excited for this as GTA IV was a let down on so many levels for me compared to the others. All I know is if I get it this time, it's the PC version for me due to the mods and such.

Mik2121

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Los Santos is Los Angeles. The game is set in Los Angeles (the whole trailer). Not in San Andreas (san Francisco)

You will not see San Francisco or Las Vegas in this game like in San Andreas.

Thats why this time the Los Santos city looks like a carbon copy of real Los Angeles, with Vinewood (Hollywood) included.
San Andreas is San Andreas, not San Francisco (that's San Fierro). We have only seen one 1-minute trailer featuring Los Santos and some countryside. We will probably also get other smaller towns, but for all we know, they could go and show another different town on the next trailer.

Let's not go around assuming things that haven't been confirmed yet :)

Red

Kung Fu Grip said:
What? Hell no! This looks way better than red dead. The lighting, animation, texures. Everything.

Its the Wii U. I m telling you. If not the mods can tag me with " Dummest fucking memeber on the planet".

Theres no way thats running on PS360. Sorry.
Why the hell would it be wiiu. It's the PC version.

Derrick01

Banned
I saw a few things in that trailer hints at the return of some of the crazy fun stuff. Really staying hopeful with this one. Since it's in San Andreas Rockstar has a duty to not insult that name with the watered down and boring gameplay from GTA 4.

AiTM

Banned
gta52f7z5.gif

Yea thats gotta be Mount Chililad, only mountain in San Andreas that size. Mount Chilliad was south of San Fierro ( San Francisco) so maybe it is all 3 cities.

Top Bottom