• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The GTA 5 Trailer Talk Thread

Chris R

Looks awesome. Didn't see any Venturas/Fierro but that won't matter if they make Los Santos and the surrounding country side large enough and with enough detail.

tea_and_crumpets said:
Disappointed with the revisiting of old locations, but California looks great.

Looks like we got L.A, the national parks and San Francisco...wonder whether we will get the Nevada desert as well?
Where did you see any San Francisco?

SamuraiX-

Spiffy_1st said:
regular.jpg

cj.jpg
?

I bet someone has already mentioned this by the time I post it.

Wow.

Ya'll a bunch of racists, man.

I've heard like every black guy in the trailer be mistaken for CJ now.

I can't believe I'm legitimately hyped for this from Trailer 1. Good lord, R* North.

AiTM

Banned
Neuromancer said:
I was not really a fan of Tommy Vercetti.

One of the housers said in an interview that he is probably dead by now, I read a while back when people were asking why he didnt show up in San An. I doubt its him.

Not understanding all the hype about the graphics its not much better than GTA4. I was talking to a friend about the earlier today.

How would you feel about shorter DLC scenarios like lost and the damned or gay tony but half the size showing previous characters like CJ, Claud and Tommy. Could even have nico, johnny and luis. One tLatD size pack between 3 characters.

GTA Generations.

Believe

Brinbe

Just paused-forwarded throughout that, and there's so much small detail to read/look at it, it's astonishing. That's perhaps the thing I love most about these games, as there's just so much love/detail put into making it a fully realized world.

Also, with no focus on anyone in particular (they cut to quite a few people there) aside from the VO person, I think the multiple character rumor could definitely be valid. Although I think they'll be mostly new people, with perhaps a few obviously needed cameos from SA. Of course they're not gonna ignore people from that game.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Really liked the look of the mountains and stuff they showed, and SA was my favorite GTA so it's good to see atleast some of those areas return.

Will tread with caution, though. GTA4 was bad, and I hope this strays from the realism they tried.

ReaperXL7

matrix-cat said:
v3lz02.jpg

I think this is the player character, he shows up in multiple different scenes.

Yeah I think so too, especially with the fact that we get that profile shot, what looks like a bank robbery, and multiple shots of him driving. I'm pretty sure he is the lead, which is bound to disappoint alot of people. Personally I think the game looks fantastic. Lots of unkowns though still. Wonder if they will have an open world multiplayer aspect like RDR.

matrix-cat said:
34t291s.jpg

Los Santos confirmed (sign at the bottom left).

Los Santos is Los Angeles. The game is set in Los Angeles (the whole trailer). Not in San Fierro (san Francisco)

You will not see San Francisco or Las Vegas in this game like in San Andreas.

Thats why this time the Los Santos city looks like a carbon copy of real Los Angeles, with Vinewood (Hollywood) included.

Ezduo

Banned
Please be good. Please be good. Multiple environments and not being stuck inside a giant city that all looks the same is already a plus.

Dries

Dr. Ecco said:
Seems like that guy leaking details from the game at /v/ may be legit

Not really.

The main character isn't spanish, and the trailer is longer than 1:04.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That was pretty good looking :)

mclem

If they do have multiple cities again, I wonder if they'd stretch to four, and as well as including Nevada in the 'San Andreas' fold they also include a bit of Arizona, maybe Phoenix.

Why do I want this? Simple: I want to visit Armadillo, now a tourist trap. I want it to be a Tombstone-like place, trading entirely on the Legend of John Marston.

bengraven

Just because the license plates say "San Andreas", it might not be ALL of San An.

It could be just Los Santos, which is IN San Andreas which would explain the plates.

Edit: if that's really Vercetti I will not have a problem with the main character being an old, scarred white guy.

Don

I don't see why people think Tommy and CJ will be in this.

The GTAIII series all took place within the same universe. GTA4 was in a different universe with the only returning character being Lazlow. The Liberty City in GTAIV wasn't the same Liberty City from GTAIII before just like this Los Santos won't be the same Los Santos from Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

The characters from the GTAIII trilogy won’t exist in this universe and I’m expecting that once again, Lazlow will be the only returning character. There is a chance though, that we could see some characters from GTAIV returning if they decided to make these two games part of the same universe.

feel

I'm disappointed that they didn't go with a young psycho thug as the playable character. Once again the character we do all kinds of silly and crazy things and the character on the cutscenes will be worlds apart.

-BLITZ-

Look at this sunset, look at the clouds. BEAUTIFUL!
This is what I wanted in GTA San Andreas. Finally after so many years. I'm wondering how the stars, the moon are looking at night.

1927c6fa740595beb152a5124d32f.jpg

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
KorrZ said:
*sigh* Really didn't care for the first San Andreas at all, not even close to excited for this. Vice City is such a superior setting.

How can you prefer Vice City? This has all Vice City had, and then some.

gdt

Redoing a city...again? Are they forever gonna be stuck in the settings they came up with forever ago?

I liked redoing LC, but that was the first city that put them on the map.

Aside from that, hyped! Day 1 yadda yadda yadda.

Top Bottom