• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo 3 E3 Campaign Trailer

Son of Godzilla said:
There's some nonsense about how players could potentially be miles away from each other, but it's nonsense as they could easily force respawn at newest checkpoint if someone is more than one checkpoint away. NO EXCUSES ACCEPTED.

Apparently that wouldn't be Halo, but like u said no excuses. I mean I could do the xbconnect thing (not sure if theres something new, but thats what I used for halo 1) so I see no reason to stop it from being online.

voltron said:
I thought that was confirmed as the first mission.

I thought so too.

Wollan said:
If they have co-op with system link then I don't really see the hold up with taking it online. Sure you have lag issues but still, is it really such a stretch?

I don't see why not; I never ran into any lag playing co-op on Gears of War.

GhaleonEB

Asking for PMs of scans is grounds for bans. I suggest editing guys.

I'm not starting a thread about scans because it's dangerous territory, party for this reason. If someone else wants to, go for it. The new information here is ****ING WONDERFUL.

Ahem. :D

I would start the thread, but I think the information being leaked is bad enough. I'll honor EGM and pass on starting a thread. I'll discuss it here, but I don't want to throw it in everyone's faces.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Wollan said:
If they have co-op with system link then I don't really see the hold up with taking it online. Sure you have lag issues but still, is it really such a stretch?
Its more complicated than that. You have to synchronize the AI in both systems, the physics behavior and the stream. Seriously to have a game like Halo 3 online with no holds on those 3 things (meaning not reduce the quality of the experience) would be an amazing feat. MP is far easier because there is no AI and many things you see in your screen do not look the same in other people's, it looks different but since it doesnt affect gameplay its ok.
cool_dude_2049 said:
I don't see why not; I never ran into any lag playing co-op on Gears of War.
GeOW has not physics and destructable environments whatsoever. Also GeOW does not throw 20 enemies at once like Halo 3.

jet1911

GhaleonEB said:

I'm not starting a thread about scans because it's dangerous territory, party for this reason. If someone else wants to, go for it. The new information here is ****ING WONDERFUL.

Seriously I did not thought one second that there would that much new stuff in the MP + the new vehicles. It's going to be awesome. :D

I'm still unsure how useful a droppable one-way shield is when we have the bubble...

Well imagine when you don't have the bubble. :p

raYne

cjelly said:
I'm still unsure how useful a droppable one-way shield is when we have the bubble...
I'd say it's not supposed to be more useful than the Bubble Shield. Chances are, they'll be a whole lot more plentiful in comparison.

ToyMachine228 said:
I would start the thread, but I think the information being leaked is bad enough. I'll honor EGM and pass on starting a thread. I'll discuss it here, but I don't want to throw it in everyone's faces.
I agree.

Quazar

GhaleonEB said:

Just a thread with details, not scans. BTW seems early for EGM news, some people are just getting SC issue in. :lol So hopefully we can get a thread with rumors/Halo3 etc etc

Astr00

Apparently the Elephant
is like a huge base moving around (very slowly) on one map in MP (Sandtrap). What the ..?
I wish I had the magazine myself, then it would be easier to get the whole picture.

Also ... Jub Jub = Guardian?

Second mission battle has more enemies and allies then the entire first mission of Halo 1 and thats not even the largest battle... impressive

Sai

cool_dude_2049 said:
I wonder why they are still holding out on the co-op details.
They aren't holding back anything. Arbiter is now your co-op buddy, System Link Co-op has been confirmed:)D), Online Co-op is still being worked on 'til the game's launch. May be included as downloadable content at a later time if it's possible.

System Link co-op is good enough for me. I's very happy right now.

Ramirez

sableholic said:
Second mission battle has more enemies and allies then the entire first mission of Halo 1 and thats not even the largest battle... impressive

This mean "Pillar of Autumn" or "Halo"?

Quazar said:
Just a thread with details, not scans. BTW seems early for EGM news, some people are just getting SC issue in.

I just got the Soul Calibur issue like last week. I hope the Halo 3 one gets out to subscribers quickly. I don't want to wait for this one. I subscribe to the magazine, I should get it quickly.

Proelite

Ramirez said:
This mean "Pillar of Autumn" or "Halo"?

Pillar of autumn had some 30 elites, and 100 grunts. Plus a platoon of allied npc. There is no way a halo 3 battle is that large. The processing power required is beyond what xenon can output.

IJoel

This brings back those memories when there wouldn't be any confirmation or denial of Halo 2 online co-op, only to find out quite late that it didn't include it. :(

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
PAY ATTENTION BUNGIE: IF THERE IS NO ONLINE CO-OP I WILL CRY LIKE A LITTLE BITCH AND STILL BY YOUR GAME BUT DAMMIT IT WOULD BE SO ****ING GREAT.

Proelite said:
Pillar of autumn had some 30 elites, and 100 grunts. Plus a platoon of allied npc. There is no way a halo 3 battle is that large. The processing power required is beyond what xenon can output.

Thats what the article says... it specifically says enemies and allies of the first halo 1 mission. Not even the largest battle either.

Could you imagine if co-op was a charged download? I'd pay another 60 bucks sadly just to get it, hopefully MS doesn't read this though.

GhaleonEB

They talk about how hard it is to get a game of this scale working in online co-op in the article. Basically, getting it working where one guy has a loaded warthog (with three other Marines - troop 'Hog FTW) a mile away from the other is extremely tough when there's the kind of combat Halo is known for going on. Crackdown pulls it off, but there's virtually no persistence to the world and no really sophisticated AI to consider. I'm sure if Bungie can swing it, then it will be there. I sure as hell want it.

Wollan

The hammer sounds absolutely awesome. If I understood it correctly it's a standard (non special event) weapon you can pick up and you can flip over vehicles by hitting them at the right moment?

GhaleonEB

sableholic said:
Thats what the article says... it specifically says enemies and allies of the first halo 1 mission. Not even the largest battle either.
Frank listed a "typical" battle as having ~50 participants and over 20 vehicles. I'm sure a huge climactic one is much larger. Doesn't sound implausible to me.

Dirtbag

alright, my turn to guess on forge....
Campaign editor for sharing encounters/challenges. Basically you get to edit full single-player levels with enemy spawns, vehicles, weapon placement, etc. Not editing the actual level however (as in geometry/skins etc). Maybe can tweak time of day settings since the lighting is global and tweak speed/gravity/weapon damage similar to multiplayer tweaks. Can tweak individual units' traits to create more boss-like enemies, stronger units. These levels can be shared online in your saved films folder, allowing for people to download your remixed campaign, and play co-op together.

That's my prediction.

BOOYA!!! Me for the WIN !

Striker

No on-line co-op is quite disappointing. If games like Gears and Crackdown has it, and works well, why not Halo 3?

I'd like to hear a reason why they wouldn't include it, to be honest.

On the other stuff:

Elephant sounds very neat. A transport type of machinery. I wonder if it can be blown up and if it can only carry Mongoose.

I wish I could see the visuals of the Elites. I think they'll be awesome. I still will use a Spartan. :)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
sableholic said:
Could you imagine if co-op was a charged download? I'd pay another 60 bucks sadly just to get it, hopefully MS doesn't read this though.
I was going to say the same thing.

I have a horrible feeling if XBL Co-op isn't there on day one, and is made available as DLC at a later date then it would be chargeable. And that would, seriously. Really, really, really suck ass.

(But I would still buy it. :lol )

Top Bottom