• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The International 2016 (Aug 3rd - 13th)

zzzzzzzzz time for reactionary gross nerfs (remember leshrac and troll?) and stupid roster drama

ti6 crowd proved dota community sucks quite a lot and why this will never be considered a real sport

The jingoism is pretty embarrassing but considering fans of SEC schools do roughly the same thing I don't know that it's that far off.

domlolz

Banned
what percentage of the esports community even care if they arent a 'real' sport

i dont think theres going to be any massive nerfs, maybe miranas aghs...

Can I mention how crazy it is that Alliance has been able to be stable all these years?

Even if they suck?

mhm, good dudes too

i'm glad WINGS GAMING won. the spirit of the best dota player, CHUAN, was in the booth with them.

I wish korea dota had done better though, at least they put up a good fight

Shinypogs

i really really hope wings don't have any roster changes, but i'm quite sure it's going to happen
the big sponsored teams definitely will try and poach them with big contract money

i feel like this game's mvp is ET compared to AM

Surely they've won enough tonight to prevent money from being a motivator. There is no need to split up this team unless internal conflicts arise. I know the post Ti shuffle is inevitable but Wings feels like a team that ought to be left alone.

Gav47

Did anyone see Trackdota higher than this?
mzAwC8T.jpg

its 5am so tired

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
TI2 is actually the one that I remember the least about. Like, I can recall that TI3 had some incredible moments, 4 was anticlimactic as hell, 1 just had everyone playing morphling and 5 was...solid, but I couldn't tell you the slightest thing about 2

domlolz

Banned
are people really getting upset at some stupid donald trump memes? he is going to be your next president, i'd get used to them

Conceptor

Production was great, crowd tonight was supportive for both teams, and awesome doto.

Well deserved for Wings.

Doesn't quite top TI3 hype but definitely the best in years.

Qvoth

Surely they've won enough tonight to prevent money from being a motivator. There is no need to split up this team unless internal conflicts arise. I know the post Ti shuffle is inevitable but Wings feels like a team that ought to be left alone.

didn't vg take hao from newbee after they won ti4?
i just went to the chinese stream for a bit, even they're saying the old brands will start pestering wings now

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
4 at the time was considered great until its grand finals. But I'm not talking about game quality when I question liking 4 more than 1 as an event.

Every single event from a presentation standpoint has been an improvement, probably culminating in the level of polish we saw here tonight

That whole stadium setup was insane

mfaex

Every single event from a presentation standpoint has been an improvement, probably culminating in the level of polish we saw here tonight

That whole stadium setup was insane

I didn't like 5's presentation. Coming off the gd studio hosting atmosphere to "let's try to be espn." Found a good balance this year.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I thought i saw the LiQuid guy said hes quitting dota

i was hopeful i wont have to see him around in dota threads in future

I don't imagine that will be difficult since you don't really post in Dota threads.

Top Bottom